Springfield Expansion | Page 310 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the orginal story was that they "were waiting on the custom waffle irons" or something.

They built all of Springfield in about 9 months so I think it's unlikely they'd tolerate waiting for these special waffle irons for 3 months.

If they really were planning on replacing the frozen waffles with fresh-made, they probably would have found a more reliable supplier by now. Or at the very least, I think they would have made a trip to Bed Bath and Beyond or Target to get a few temporary waffle irons while they wait for the "custom " ones to arrive.

My guess is we better get used to Chicken and Eggo sandwiches.

I'll press Chef Jayson on it next time I see him, but I imagine the volume of waffles they need preclude using a couple (or even couple dozen) off the shelf home irons. And the lead time for installing a custom built industrial system can be surprisingly long, since they would have to go to a commercial kitchen vendor rather than building it themselves. Still, they can't get rid of the eggos soon enough for me...

I'll press Chef Jayson on it next time I see him, but I imagine the volume of waffles they need preclude using a couple (or even couple dozen) off the shelf home irons. And the lead time for installing a custom built industrial system can be surprisingly long, since they would have to go to a commercial kitchen vendor rather than building it themselves. Still, they can't get rid of the eggos soon enough for me...

I thought the Chicken and Waffle sandwich was fantastic until I had one at Sleepy Hollow at MK and it made me realize what a freshly made waffle can do to a sandwich. I don't even want to eat one at Springfield anymore now that I know what a real chicken and waffle sandwich tastes like!

Are they still adding detail? I really wish they would paint the stripes on the road.
I'm sorry I couldn't get pics but I saw plywood covering the entire width of the street near Kwik-E-Mart on Wednesday. It looked like they could have been testing paint under it.

BTW, what do the restraints amount to on Hurl? I have only been on a spinner once and that was Dumbo and I was mortified by the flimsy vinyl straps and plastic buckles. Could someone please snap a picture of Hurl's restraints?

I'd be curious about that as well. With the litigious society we live in, pretty soon we're going to all have to use 6-point harnesses with OTSRs AND lap bars just to ride the merry-go-round. :lol:

^ I think that about sums it up. Plastic buckles on vinyl straps. I'm confident in the straps, but the buckles did seem kinda cheap. I don't thank they would break or anything, but I would feel better with metal. I was honestly a little surprised when I rode it myself. And it definitely moves a lot faster than it looks like from the ground.

Sorry no pictures, only rode it once.

Remember, in this industry seatbelts are used for different reasons. Here, it's probably not necessarily to keep a rider restrained. If they fall out for whatever reason, they can see if the guest tried to get out or if it was accidental based on if the seatbelt was still buckled. That's the main reason Cedar Fair has seatbelts on everything.

On B&Ms they are used as a measuring device to make sure the restraint is down 3 clicks.

Last edited:
The crowds are pretty crazy today. Long wait times for everything. Finally got to see this today though, and wow Uni really knocked it out of the park. It's awesome. So much better in person. Tried a Krusty Burger for lunch, didn't like it too much but the Kurly fries are awesome. Also had grilled chicken sandwich for dinner, better but still w/e. tots were great. Loved the flamin moe and buzz cola. Had a regular pink donut which was also awesome. Kang was a nice little ride.

The crowds are pretty crazy today. Long wait times for everything. Finally got to see this today though, and wow Uni really knocked it out of the park. It's awesome. So much better in person. Tried a Krusty Burger for lunch, didn't like it too much but the Kurly fries are awesome. Also had grilled chicken sandwich for dinner, better but still w/e. tots were great. Loved the flamin moe and buzz cola. Had a regular pink donut which was also awesome. Kang was a nice little ride.

Are you talking about RTU? The parks have been dead for the past couple of weeks.

There's also Google Street View available.

spring_zpsd6752ca8.jpg

And I will be there in 3 days!:cheers: