Springfield Expansion | Page 312 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
COUCH GAG!
BT-oEtgIIAAtx2D.jpg

:happy:

Glad you like my photos from today. Now if you'd just cite your source, you'd have a perfect post!

https://twitter.com/OrlandoInformer/status/378205692840398848

I had a great time at both parks yesterday. Me and my girlfriend almost did every ride. The lines weren't long and especially when we got to IOA. Every line was 5 minutes or we got right on the ride. We rode Dudley and Popeye twice each of course, and had a blast! Man I'm seriously going to be depressed if they ever get rid of those rides. Anyways it was overall a great day besides a couple big blunders that made me a little ticked off with Universal. Well I told you guys the other day that I won 4 tickets to Universal Orlando. So I wanted to know if I could used the tickets however I wanted. For example could I go 4 times by myself if I wanted? So I called Universal Guest Services and they told me I could use the tickets however I wanted as long as I didn't pick them up all at once. So if I picked up all four I would then have to use them that day. If I kept a ticket or some tickets with them I could use them another day. I thought great now I can go a couple times with somebody. So when I went to RTU I decided to confirm this and make sure this was right. The girl who worked there told me the SAME THING. Me and my girlfriend get there and these two ladies tell me I have to use all 4 tickets that day?!! I began to tell them what the other people had told me and they said I was wrong and so was whoever told me. I WAS PISSED. Me and my gf planned it out to go by ourselves one day and I promised my dad I would go with him another day. They try telling me it was the radio stations fault for not splitting up the order for the tickets. But clearly I would have done things differently if their staff BOTH TIMES AT GUEST SERVICES told me the correct information. By the way, sorry I'm ranting but I just had to vent on here to you guys. They should have at least done something for me. Even if it was something small. I don't know they just didn't seem very professional at all. The other thing was I was in the Transformers single riders line and we were right by where you get the glasses and get on the ride. And we literally stood there for 45 minutes with nobody moving! The ride was not broken down at all. The Express people were moving and not a lot might I add. But people were getting on the ride at least. Nobody moved at all for 45 minutes in the single rider line. It was RIDICULOUS. I thought I was dreaming. It seemed so odd and rude to me. Anyways this might have looked like I had a terrible time, but I didn't. Besides those two enraging moments, we had a really great time. The only rides we didn't get to do were T2 and Cat in the Hat. Oh and I ended up selling those two tickets that had to be used that day to a nice English couple for 10 bucks a piece lol Pretty damn good deal for them.
Anyways I love Universal. But they really need to step it up in the customer pleasing department. They wonder why they lack in some areas with their guests. I hate to say it but Disney would have at least done something small for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
I had a great time at both parks yesterday. Me and my girlfriend almost did every ride. The lines weren't long and especially when we got to IOA. Every line was 5 minutes or we got right on the ride. We rode Dudley and Popeye twice each of course, and had a blast! Man I'm seriously going to be depressed if they ever get rid of those rides. Anyways it was overall a great day besides a couple big blunders that made me a little ticked off with Universal. Well I told you guys the other day that I won 4 tickets to Universal Orlando. So I wanted to know if I could used the tickets however I wanted. For example could I go 4 times by myself if I wanted? So I called Universal Guest Services and they told me I could use the tickets however I wanted as long as I didn't pick them up all at once. So if I picked up all four I would then have to use them that day. If I kept a ticket or some tickets with them I could use them another day. I thought great now I can go a couple times with somebody. So when I went to RTU I decided to confirm this and make sure this was right. The girl who worked there told me the SAME THING. Me and my girlfriend get there and these two ladies tell me I have to use all 4 tickets that day?!! I began to tell them what the other people had told me and they said I was wrong and so was whoever told me. I WAS PISSED. Me and my gf planned it out to go by ourselves one day and I promised my dad I would go with him another day. They try telling me it was the radio stations fault for not splitting up the order for the tickets. But clearly I would have done things differently if their staff BOTH TIMES AT GUEST SERVICES told me the correct information. By the way, sorry I'm ranting but I just had to vent on here to you guys. They should have at least done something for me. Even if it was something small. I don't know they just didn't seem very professional at all. The other thing was I was in the Transformers single riders line and we were right by where you get the glasses and get on the ride. And we literally stood there for 45 minutes with nobody moving! The ride was not broken down at all. The Express people were moving and not a lot might I add. But people were getting on the ride at least. Nobody moved at all for 45 minutes in the single rider line. It was RIDICULOUS. I thought I was dreaming. It seemed so odd and rude to me. Anyways this might have looked like I had a terrible time, but I didn't. Besides those two enraging moments, we had a really great time. The only rides we didn't get to do were T2 and Cat in the Hat. Oh and I ended up selling those two tickets that had to be used that day to a nice English couple for 10 bucks a piece lol Pretty damn good deal for them.
Anyways I love Universal. But they really need to step it up in the customer pleasing department. They wonder why they lack in some areas with their guests. I hate to say it but Disney would have at least done something small for the inconvenience.

Disney would have given you 4 annual passes for that inconvenience. LOL, but seriously, they do need to step it up with customer service.

Yeah dealing with both Uni and Disney customer service departments, Disney is way better to deal with and they have their crap together way more. You hardly ever get different answers to the same questions there and they are normally faster and more accommodating. I hardly ever waited in line at Disney Customer Service and always waited in a long line at Uni. Uni depending on who you ask, you get a different answer and this happens all the time with them. I love the our system doesn't work that way (or won't let us do that) when the last time I was there it did work that way. Didn't know the systems changed that often - lol

And keep in mind I used to be at guest relations a lot due to my son, so I not only saw what happened with me, but also others waiting in line at the same time with me. Less at Disney did I see others, because seriously that line was always short to non-existent and I didn't have to go every time like I did at Uni. Which was another pain in my rear end and needed to be changed in my opinion.

I don't know man I got into a fight at Disney and my family got free tickets plus a VIP tour guide the rest of the day lol. Granted I didn't start the fight I was still in the wrong.

Geeez, it is starting to sound as if you are always either farting or fighting at WDW. Are you normally prone to getting into fights?

^ Hahaha, that made me Lol. But man, are some people dumb. Whilst riding Jaws (RIP) one time, seated on the side, I felt an unusual amount of water hit my right side. It was during the exploding dock scene so I attributed it to that. A moment later, out of the corner of my eye, I saw the man behind me dip his hand into the water and proceed to throw it at our side of the boat. I turned around and threw my hands up in the air to signify the 'WTF' notion. But I didn't want to disrupt the ride so that was it. The genius decided to do it again. I was pissed, so right when we got of the boat I went up to the guy and sorta bowed up to him. He had his back against the wall across from the boat and looked like he regretted his decisions immediately. He was obviously foreign so I made gestures pointing at my wet shirt then in the air like "what the hell are you thinking idiot". I wouldn't ever risk a ban for fighting over something dumb like that, plus me being a bigger guy he only came up to right below my chin, so I just wanted to embarrass him. It only lasted a couple second and He scurried away quickly. But people are just thoughtless morons sometimes. I know you all know that, just wanted to share. :thumbs:

Well not to mention the fact he broke the safety rules of keeping hands and arms inside the boat, I don't think anyone else appreciated him taking liberties with the on ride water effects. It was sunset so it wasn't hot out or anything, if it was noon and blazing hot out or something I would not mind as much. But I don't think not acting like a push over constitutes being an alpha-dog. Unless you meant that in a good way. I take it as a compliment, so cheers! :cheers:

Starting new AP tomorrow and I can't wait to see the new Springfield, Transformers and Despicable Me! Thanks for all the updates everyone:pop:

Well not to mention the fact he broke the safety rules of keeping hands and arms inside the boat, I don't think anyone else appreciated him taking liberties with the on ride water effects. It was sunset so it wasn't hot out or anything, if it was noon and blazing hot out or something I would not mind as much. But I don't think not acting like a push over constitutes being an alpha-dog. Unless you meant that in a good way. I take it as a compliment, so cheers! :cheers:

That is completely unacceptable behavior!!!! But not you, the other guy. I think you handled your self very well, it would be a different story if you beat the :censored: out of this :censored: in the middle of the park :nunchucks:

Keep in mind that the number of people acting like this is growing BECAUSE they usually "get away" with it.

That Simpsons couch photo op is awesome. Where is it located? And do they sell the photos or anyone can take pics in there?

Hey all. Sorry I couldn't get pics of this, but there are the outlines of large stars etched into the concrete paths all through Krustyland. They are different sizes about 4-8 feet wide. I'm guessing we'll see them painted over the next few days. Again, sorry I couldn't get pics, had no time today.

When IOA first opened my sister hurt her neck on Dudley, wipplash from the drop. They gave her all sorts of free stuff, and a debit card to seek medical care.

That is different. They will do anything to prevent a lawsuit of any kind, even if it is one they can win. Cheaper to do that stuff than later have to pay lawyer fees.

Yeah dealing with both Uni and Disney customer service departments, Disney is way better to deal with and they have their crap together way more. You hardly ever get different answers to the same questions there and they are normally faster and more accommodating. I hardly ever waited in line at Disney Customer Service and always waited in a long line at Uni. Uni depending on who you ask, you get a different answer and this happens all the time with them. I love the our system doesn't work that way (or won't let us do that) when the last time I was there it did work that way. Didn't know the systems changed that often - lol

And keep in mind I used to be at guest relations a lot due to my son, so I not only saw what happened with me, but also others waiting in line at the same time with me. Less at Disney did I see others, because seriously that line was always short to non-existent and I didn't have to go every time like I did at Uni. Which was another pain in my rear end and needed to be changed in my opinion.

I have actually had quite the opposite version of guest services. I have always had to wait for at least 4 groups in front of me at Disney and walked right up to the counter at Universal. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

I have actually had quite the opposite version of guest services. I have always had to wait for at least 4 groups in front of me at Disney and walked right up to the counter at Universal. Guess it's just luck of the draw.

I guess, but I had to go to guest relations in both parks probably 10 times in the past year, that is awful bad luck at one park and good luck at another park. The only time I remember waiting more than a couple minutes was at MGM the one time. But it was just maybe a 5 minute wait. Uni was always 20 minutes at least.