Springfield Expansion | Page 253 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sorry if I've missed something, but has anything been revealed about any components of Kang and Kodos? I mean, obviously it's a spinner, but are the cars individually controlled? Do they, themselves, spin? Are there water effects?

I believe that it was revealed that the individual cars don't spin but they do go up and down at the guest discretion. I don't remember if it was water but I remember something about shooting targets on the ride? :shrug:

I believe that it was revealed that the individual cars don't spin but they do go up and down at the guest discretion. I don't remember if it was water but I remember something about shooting targets on the ride? :shrug:

Pretty sure shooting was, uh, shot down, but it was said that based on how high you raised your car at various points you would activate, i think, sound bites from different Simpsons characters.

Does this mean they aren't going to call the new land "Springfield"? The color and lettering scheme still indicate both the Simpsons Ride and the Twirl n' Hurl are in "World Expo"

A followup question to this, which probably doesn't belong here, but if these attractions become part of Springfield, does that orphan MIB in World Expo?

Is it safe to say both Lard Lad and Jebediah will be quick 1-day installations ala Optimus Prime? Possibly even springing up overnight?

I know this video isn't Simpsons related but the first thing I thought of was Bart totally owned this new station :lol:

[video=youtube_share;L1JYHNX8pdo]http://youtu.be/L1JYHNX8pdo?t=6s[/video]

Last edited:
Would be great if they showed live sporting events. I may never leave on a football Sunday :lol:
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Currently if there's a game on I really want to see, I shoot over to NASCAR Grille. But if Duff Gardens is going to be airing football on Sat/Sun, I'll have absolutely no desire to leave the park.

"Honey, take the kids and go battle Megatron, you'll know where I'll be!"

Would be great if they showed live sporting events. I may never leave on a football Sunday :lol:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want outside TV broadcasts in the parks. The one place I saw it, Backwater, was totally jarring and took me out of the experience and atmosphere. If you want to watch sports or ESPN stay home or at the hotel?

Again it might just be me.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't want outside TV broadcasts in the parks. The one place I saw it, Backwater, was totally jarring and took me out of the experience and atmosphere. If you want to watch sports or ESPN stay home or at the hotel?

Again it might just be me.

It's not. :lol: