Springfield Expansion | Page 319 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
No exact time table on this but the Simpsons will be upgrading its projectors. Ultra High Definition is coming to the Simpsons ride along with a few other small additions around Springfield. My guess would be after HHN or after Xmas rush in order to install and clean a few things up.

So we'll be getting the Krustyland sign soon? (or has that been cut from the plans?)

No exact time table on this but the Simpsons will be upgrading its projectors. Ultra High Definition is coming to the Simpsons ride along with a few other small additions around Springfield. My guess would be after HHN or after Xmas rush in order to install and clean a few things up.

Awesome! Comcast is really doing everything they can to make their parks sparkle :)

Thank GOD. As much as I love the ridefilm, never been a huge fan of the picture quality or the audio. Hopefully there's improvements there too.

Did anybody happen to be at Moe's last night during HHN? I'm just wondering because I had a very unpleasant experience with a guy who was behind the bar there last night. HE WAS AN AS*****.

What happened?

This sounds great. It'd be nice if they could install some fans in front of the RV's, too - I think a wind effect would help to further simulate the motion of the ride, AND it would help to cool things off. Maybe its just me, but the Simpsons Ride is the only simulator that I get really queasy on :ack:; and I've always attributed it to the fact that it seems so damn hot in there.

Also, anxious to hear details on the "other small additions around Springfield"....

Awesome! Comcast is really doing everything they can to make their parks sparkle :)

Sparkle? I see...

6EP9HE8B.jpg

This sounds great. It'd be nice if they could install some fans in front of the RV's, too - I think a wind effect would help to further simulate the motion of the ride, AND it would help to cool things off. Maybe its just me, but the Simpsons Ride is the only simulator that I get really queasy on :ack:; and I've always attributed it to the fact that it seems so damn hot in there.

Also, anxious to hear details on the "other small additions around Springfield"....

AGREED. Why the hell?

they really need to add wind effect, or more effects to the water portion. It seems very not realistic as there is like no wetness while floating down a river and getting flung around.

What happened?[/QUOTE]

I went to the bar to get a Duff Beer and I waited 10 minutes until anybody even served me. And it wasn't busy at all. The guy asked for my ID and doesn't even ask what I want to drink. He comes back and gives me a draft duff and tells how much it would be. I then tell him that he never asked what I wanted and he gave me SERIOUS attitude and made a smart ass comment. I said I would please like one in a Duff bottle and he said he pretty much didn't want to get it because I already had a draft beer in front of me. I told him don't worry about it and left back to the booth. It took so long for me to get a beer(that I didn't even want keep in mind)that my girlfriend was already done eating her chicken fingers meal when I got back. Honestly words don't do justice on how poorly this guys manners were. I almost always say something when people are like that too. But I honestly did not want to make a scene in Moe's.

I really enjoyed Springfield with the exception of my clogger burger. There was WAYYYYY too much cheddar sauce on it. I loved the photo op. Took great advantage of it with my Star Card package.

What happened?

I went to the bar to get a Duff Beer and I waited 10 minutes until anybody even served me. And it wasn't busy at all. The guy asked for my ID and doesn't even ask what I want to drink. He comes back and gives me a draft duff and tells how much it would be. I then tell him that he never asked what I wanted and he gave me SERIOUS attitude and made a smart ass comment. I said I would please like one in a Duff bottle and he said he pretty much didn't want to get it because I already had a draft beer in front of me. I told him don't worry about it and left back to the booth. It took so long for me to get a beer(that I didn't even want keep in mind)that my girlfriend was already done eating her chicken fingers meal when I got back. Honestly words don't do justice on how poorly this guys manners were. I almost always say something when people are like that too. But I honestly did not want to make a scene in Moe's.[/QUOTE]

That's when you get his name and go to Guest Relations. Or sent a letter to Guest Services now. If he gets away with treating people like that, then that means he'll do it again.

I had a similar experience where the guy bartender completely ignored us; he was too busy having a conversation with another person (guest?) sitting at the bar. Although that was a bit frustrating, a few minutes later a girl bartender came and provided us with top notch service. It was nearing the bar's closing time, and even the restaurant area had already closed. In addition to Duffs, we also wanted to try the special juices, but they were out of them at the bar. The girl bartender, instead of taking the easy route and sending us across the street, went to the back and got some for us. That was very nice of her, when she technically didn't have to. She was great! :cheers:

If you have your receipt and i'm not mistaken it should have the bartenders name on it and the time of purchase. As other members have said i would contact Guest Relations with his name time and what he did i'm sure the next couple times you go he wont be there (in universal) or if he is he will be walking around with trash bags doing something that has nothing to do with interacting with guests