Springfield Expansion | Page 327 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So what's everyone's favorite Springfield food so far? Tacos are #1 followed by the Krusty Burger.

The pink donut :drool: (not the big one, I'm not even gonna attempt eating that :lol: )

I agree. There should be a name for the opposite of pixie dust snorters, or pixie dusters, or whatever they're called. Never seen such strong feelings against theme parks (Disney and Universal) until being introduced to the world of theme park boards...kind of ironic. I don't get why people waste so much energy on hating what's admittedly a pretty cool thing :shrug:
Yeah, I really don't see why some people waste their time complaining about a company so much. Everyone has their preferences, but Disney and Universal bashing gets really old when it persists.

This kind of stuff has been happening to me for a year now. Whether it be rude people that work there, employees always having incorrect information or having no idea at all, and Customer Service on the phones and in person that dont go far enough to make sure the customer is satisfied. I love that place I just really wish the Customer Service was way better.

I agree. You can ask three employees the same question and get three different answers. Even within guest relations, they all will give you different information. The ticket windows are the same way, they always seem to have to call someone over to help when it comes to their highest level pass. Both buying it and when I used my HHN ticket. The one guy told me because I tore it out of the book he didn't think I could use it - lol

I would have no problems paying $12 for a halfway decent burger from Disney, the problem is they are no where close to decent. But nope you pay $12 for some green stuff they say is beef on a crusted bun, basically just paid for the privileged to through this disgusting thing away. That does not include any sides or drinks.

Also remember Disney is not in Alaska. It is in Florida where you can get a damn good sit-down restaurant burger for less than $12, but nope they charge you even more and give you less quality food than the cheapest fast food around. :pound:

Which place was this? Just curious, I never order burgers at a sit down place in the parks, so really never paid attention to this. I think both places have good and bad sit down places. Disney has more places, so obviously you are going to get more of both. But I still say counter service Disney wins hands down, BUT I do think Uni is improving and some day may pass Disney for me. But this is also because I want variety and I feel like Uni was all Pizza and Burgers, I don't always want that. Which is why Springfield and Three Broomsticks are such good additions.

Last edited:
There's no fresh waffles because of time restraints. (I know this was previously speculated briefly.) They're continuing to look for a solution, but no estimated time frame and I'm not overly optimistic. :wave:

Emeril's Orlando is a fine lunch. If that isn't good enough, for dinner I suggest Emeril's Tchoup Chop, BiCE, or The Palm. If you are still not impressed, go back to Pixie Dust World for what ever they are serving up down there. I'm sure that **** on a shingle served on a Mickey Mouse plastic plate will blow you away.

In my opinion, The Palm features the best food on property. This is probably followed by BiCE.

Which place was this? Just curious, I never order burgers at a sit down place in the parks, so really never paid attention to this. I think both places have good and bad sit down places. Disney has more places, so obviously you are going to get more of both. But I still say counter service Disney wins hands down, BUT I do think Uni is improving and some day may pass Disney for me. But this is also because I want variety and I feel like Uni was all Pizza and Burgers, I don't always want that. Which is why Springfield and Three Broomsticks are such good additions.

I rarely go to Disney anymore, but every time I do the regular counter-service give me some horrible food. The green beef burger I believe was from one of the stands in AK. That was defiantly the worst, but there has been a few times they tried to serve me something I would not eat. I have only gotten edible food from Uni :lol: and I am so glad that they adding variety too :whoo:

I was actually surprised about some of the comments on this form concerning the foods.

I think that as far as burgers and pizza go, Universal wins hands down. But that's pretty much all Universal offers...lol

At least Disney's counter service has a wide variety besides just standard theme park fare, and for the most part it's very good. I really like their flatbreads and IMO their fried chicken and fries blow Universal's out of the water. Also a huge fan of the fish dishes at Harbor House, the boneless chicken wings at Animal Kingdom, and of course the unparalleled variety of high-quality ethnic food at Epcot. And who can forget the little tucked-away stands like the Sleepy Hollow stand...some good stuff in there.

I love Universal, and I have to say that Thunder Falls/Three Broomsticks is a step in the right direction for counter service, but their food offerings (especially of the fast food variety) are lacking compared to Disney, even if just for the fact that Disney offers a lot more variety.

The new food additions and upgrades will continue throughout both parks over the next several years. FFB has exceeded all expectations and is now the highest grossing F&B location at the resort.

Reactions: natespf
The new food additions and upgrades will continue throughout both parks over the next several years. FFB has exceeded all expectations and is now the highest grossing F&B location at the resort.
Great news! Most certainly deserves everything it gets...means we should see more of this kind of set up right ;)

Awesomeness. Was blown away by the whole experience. Didn't expect the food to be as good as it was and certainly didn't expect the themeing to be as immersive as it was. Love lowered-expectations...they make surprises possible! ;)

Ok...am I the only one who was underwhelmed with the food at FFB? I think Springfield as a whole is great and I absolutely love it, as well as the fact that (against normal theme park mentality) it was built simply to enhance a former area rather than to increase turnstile clicks. The whole area is very aesthetically pleasant and I love spending time there...

But I thought the food left something to be desired. The Krusty Burger is very much your average theme park burger...the only thing that made it unique, IMO, was the curly fries and thousand island dressing. The cheese sauce is a poor alternative to actual cheese, and the other toppings are pretty standard. I thought the chicken in the chicken/waffle sandwich was very stringy and dry. The pizza is essentially standard theme park pizza, but with some extra toppings. I had one type of tacos (Korean beef, I believe?) and the use of cabbage over lettuce really hurt the taste of it, IMO. I enjoyed Buzz Cola, but not as much as the Cherry Cokes they sell right nearby in the Kwik E Mart, and the Duff beer is pretty average-tasting beer. I haven't had seafood or Flaming Moe's, and I'm avoiding anything involving those donuts because I enjoy clear arteries :lol:. Overall, I love Springfield, and it's much more elaborate and well-themed than it needed to be; I also appreciate that they're expanding their food offerings. I just don't see the fuss about the actual food, just the environment it's served in (which has surely got to be the main driving force in their sales, at least in the actual FFB pavilion).

I had the big pink.. It was good and for the $4.99 or whatever it cost fed 4 as a nice desert. Nothing super special but good. Their fast food BLVD is a big step up IMO from IFFF. the only thing i am not a big fan of is how they pulse the queue for food... There was only like 10 people ordering and no one in line to pay... we waited and waited until those 10 were all out then they let us in.. Oh and let me get curly fries with out having to go to KB it is right there I DO NOT WANT YOUR TOTS! LOL

Well, overall I was impressed enough to consider it better than standard counter-service food...try the beef nachos at Tortuga Tavern for example...Alpo and Nachos is more like it! I haven't tried everything yet, but with the exception of the Korean BBQ Tacos (a bit too rich and salty for moi) I wasn't displeased with anything I did try.

Well, overall I was impressed enough to consider it better than standard counter-service food...try the beef nachos at Tortuga Tavern for example...Alpo and Nachos is more like it! I haven't tried everything yet, but with the exception of the Korean BBQ Tacos (a bit too rich and salty for moi) I wasn't displeased with anything I did try.

I wasn't necessarily displeased, I just didn't see the benefit to eating a Krusty Burger vs a burger from Richter's, besides the atmosphere the Krusty Burger was served in. None of the food jumped out at me as being better than anywhere else in the parks. The real success of Springfield to me I guess is the theming and ambience, not the food, which in all honesty I could take or leave.

I think once the newness wears out this area will be pretty much like every other food area in the park. I do appreciate them bringing over Duff beer though. Any chance we'll ever see a Duff IPA? ha ha...

I think once the newness wears out this area will be pretty much like every other food area in the park. I do appreciate them bringing over Duff beer though. Any chance we'll ever see a Duff IPA? ha ha...

Like every other food area of the park in what sense?