Springfield | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Springfield

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm pretty thankful for Al Jean posting those photos on Twitter. Looks like we could possibly see a wider array of food in our Springfield (if most of it makes the cut).

More paving done in Springfield.  Also note the new half-wall defining the entry to whatever new establishment(s) going in adjacent to the taco truck.  I'm hoping Duff's, at minimum, since I can't imagine Hollywood leaving out something that's so prominent in Orlando.  I don't even drink beer but I love the look of the Orlando Duff's.

Springfield_Pavement_013115_2.jpg
Springfield_Pavement_013115_1.jpg

Reactions: William
More paving done in Springfield. Also note the new half-wall defining the entry to whatever new establishment(s) going in adjacent to the taco truck. I'm hoping Duff's, at minimum, since I can't imagine Hollywood leaving out something that's so prominent in Orlando. I don't even drink beer but I love the look of the Orlando Duff's.

Springfield_Pavement_013115_1.jpg
If you saw my interview I posted earlier Al Jean said: "I hope you will be able to enjoy a Duff at Moe's at USH soon!" Considering he was at the food test, it's pretty safe to say it'll be coming.

Hmm, having a Duff's at Moe's is very different from having a Duff's at Duff's.  Love the outdoor style of this Orlando version and feel it would be a great complement to the taco truck if there was common seating.  I'll wait and see, I guess.

Duff%27s%20Orlando.png

Reactions: JaySalahi
Hmm, having a Duff's at Moe's is very different from having a Duff's at Duff's. Love the outdoor style of this Orlando version and feel it would be a great complement to the taco truck if there was common seating. I'll wait and see, I guess.

Duff%27s%20Orlando.png
I was talking about the drink :p . I have no idea on Duff's (for sure), but I see no reason wh y they wouldn't.
Hmm, having a Duff's at Moe's is very different from having a Duff's at Duff's. Love the outdoor style of this Orlando version and feel it would be a great complement to the taco truck if there was common seating. I'll wait and see, I guess.

Duff%27s%20Orlando.png
I was talking about the drink :p . I have no idea on Duff's (for sure), but I see no reason why they wouldn't.

I think it's safe to say we are getting Duff. It was mentioned in the press release and if you look to the right of the structure there is framing for the Smoke Stacks.

Reactions: Chris and William
Also note the new half-wall defining the entry to whatever new establishment(s) going in adjacent to the taco truck.

Seems like this could possibly be where they place The Seven Duffs statues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always joked that when the Duff Brewery opened in Orlando they should've had a "Seven Duffs Mine Train - Coming 2065!" :p

Anyways I'm excited. So weird to see an Al Jean/Universal interview. Many of you may not know that I also help run a Simpsons forum, so it's weird to see him discuss Universal instead of the TV show!

So surprised at how much they crammed in such as small area.  However, I like the grand feel of our Springfield.  More intimate compared to Orlando's open and expansive area.  We will have Duff Brewery, it will just be smaller.

Now let's get rid of the castle theater behind Duff...

Do any of you reckon there'll be other walk around/photo op Simpsons characters eventually once Springfield is done? When I think about it, it may make the land feel more alive and help with immersion. Not that I actually care. The Simpsons family is cool and all, but I never understood why the obvious one wasn't also made a walk around character from the get-go.

Small update: The slanted roof for Krusty Burger has finally received its paint job, as well as the unidentified building wedged in between the Springfield Police Station and Cletus' Chicken Shack. Cletus' roof exterior now has scaffolding surrounding it, meaning the roof and sign support will soon be complete. Also, Aztec Theater has received its unlabeled marquee.

Do any of you reckon there'll be other walk around/photo op Simpsons characters eventually once Springfield is done? When I think about it, it may make the land feel more alive and help with immersion. Not that I actually care. The Simpsons family is cool and all, but I never understood why the obvious one wasn't also made a walk around character from the get-go.
Krusty the Clown and Sideshow Bob will be coming to the park once Springfield opens, joining the Simpsons family.

Reactions: jay