Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I can see this concept doing decent for two, maybe three years. Then, once most of the super fan base that is willing to spend that kind of money is dissipated over time, it's going to be a tough sell. But I also think the same thing will happen with the light saber show after two or three years.
I mean, the hotel basically exists for YouTube vloggers...

It's a novelty concept that may do well, and may be terrible

I mean, the hotel basically exists for YouTube vloggers...

It's a novelty concept that may do well, and may be terrible
:lol: yes to a large degree....but the blogger ranks are not finate, though they seem to be when something new opens....Seriously though, I can see the hard core SW fans show up for the first couple years, but that pool will be diminished as time goes on. One visit a lifetime will probably be it for most.............Back to non serious: But the 30 plus year old bloggers living in their parent's basement, not having to pay bills for anything, might be able to save up enough allowance to make it two or three trips. ;):lol:

:lol: yes to a large degree....but the blogger ranks are not finate, though they seem to be when something new opens....Seriously though, I can see the hard core SW fans show up for the first couple years, but that pool will be diminished as time goes on. One visit a lifetime will probably be it for most.............Back to non serious: But the 30 plus year old bloggers living in their parent's basement, not having to pay bills for anything, might be able to save up enough allowance to make it two or three trips. ;):lol:
Is this build for hard core SW fans?
I think this is build for rich casual Disney fans who are bored and want something different.

Is this build for hard core SW fans?
I think this is build for rich casual Disney fans who are bored and want something different.
I feel like hard core SW fans have no interest in Galaxy's Edge period.

Disney's version of Star Wars is synonymous with disappointment to some degree

This is hotel is slightly niche experiment for Disney people

I mean, worst case scenario the hotel just closes haha

Reactions: SpyderDan and tielo
Was there ever any site plans for this leaked?

I wonder what the parking situation will be. Looks like it could be vary only to maintain the illusion.

I'd guess they'd want to keep any parking and look as far away as possible, so perhaps parking away from the hotel. GESWL isn't exactly very good looking from the back, with those popsicle stick mountain look from behind. Not very immersive.

Was there ever any site plans for this leaked?

I wonder what the parking situation will be. Looks like it could be vary only to maintain the illusion.

Full site plans from records request, with fantastic layout descriptions:

From the Job listing:
"Are you ready to command a Galactic Starcruiser, the Halcyon, where you will take passengers on an adventure to a galaxy far, far, away? Be the first Admiral (GM) to manage this fully immersive, luxury resort, where guests and crew are part of a Star Wars story, including encounters between Resistance forces and the First Order.

We are seeking a seasoned hotelier with extensive senior leadership hospitality experience on land or at sea to serve as Resort Manager / Hotel Director. He/she will drive and execute a unique immersive “cruise-like experience” aligned with our Star Wars franchise. This experience will operate as a two-night journey and be the world’s first multi-day immersive adventure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, value a non-traditional work environment, and balance a traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment."

Reactions: SeventyOne

From the Job listing:
"Are you ready to command a Galactic Starcruiser, the Halcyon, where you will take passengers on an adventure to a galaxy far, far, away? Be the first Admiral (GM) to manage this fully immersive, luxury resort, where guests and crew are part of a Star Wars story, including encounters between Resistance forces and the First Order.

We are seeking a seasoned hotelier with extensive senior leadership hospitality experience on land or at sea to serve as Resort Manager / Hotel Director. He/she will drive and execute a unique immersive “cruise-like experience” aligned with our Star Wars franchise. This experience will operate as a two-night journey and be the world’s first multi-day immersive adventure. The ideal candidate will have a passion for bringing ideas to life, creativity, value a non-traditional work environment, and balance a traditional hotel experience with immersive entertainment."

Wonder if it comes with a costume or just a nametag?

I wonder if this experience will relate at all to Keiran Halcyon, potentially a namesake of the ship. Reading the wookiepedia page, I wouldn't be surprised:

Reactions: JoeCamel
Lmao, the amount of pixie dust AJ must have snorted before tweeting this is probably enough to make one overdose.

AJ is about half a point above Corless for me. Her articles remind me of what Matt Dullahunty calls a "deepity," where "to the extent it's relevant, it's false, abd to the extent it's true, it's irrelevant."