Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser | Page 34 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The crazy thing is, it’s not supposed to look like a “Starship”. This is supposed to look like/be the terminal that you go to in order to board the Starcruiser.
You're not really supposed to notice any of the main structure even, just the little lobby with the coffin-shaped roof and the fake fence walls, which will likely have trees behind them when it's all done. That way it gives the illusion of just a teensy shuttle base in the middle of nowhere. You take a tiny shuttle to the main ship, which always stays in space.

Not to mention that the building floorplan has to generally resemble the concept art - it’s not believable from a spatial perspective if the building looked like that and the concept art looked like a Death Star.

I’m still convinced that they don’t actually still believe this is going to earn a viable return post-Covid, but they can’t afford to take the write off.

I don't know who can really afford this after Covid...I mean some will be able to but feels like a HUGE amount for what you get. Pretty sure you could travel to another country for less then what this hotel will cost to stay out.

I don't know who can really afford this after Covid...I mean some will be able to but feels like a HUGE amount for what you get. Pretty sure you could travel to another country for less then what this hotel will cost to stay out.
Not to mention it can't open until COVID is well under control anyway given the hotel itself is a very hands-on experience.

Reactions: SeventyOne
Not to mention it can't open until COVID is well under control anyway given the hotel itself is a very hands-on experience.
Was it suppose to be open soon? I thought next summer would be the targeted opening date.

Even if people come I wonder how many need to come to make a profit, I feel you have to have lots of "actors" and also the normal staff of a hotel, plus lots of tech. Just seems to unless it has a discount program of something I can't see it making money for years.

Was it suppose to be open soon? I thought next summer would be the targeted opening date.

Even if people come I wonder how many need to come to make a profit, I feel you have to have lots of "actors" and also the normal staff of a hotel, plus lots of tech. Just seems to unless it has a discount program of something I can't see it making money for years.
Next year was always the target date. With the stoppage in work for about 4 months though, it may be pushed into 2022 now.

The economic issues associated with covid lockdowns haven't really had much of an effect on the people that could afford this. Usage will probably be more affected by covid safety travel concerns and hassles than anything else. Why someone would
spend big bucks for this is beyond me, but I'd think the demographic for this is still well enough off that they'll show up once things normalize. Covid economic stats show that it has mostly had lasting effects on the lower economic groups. Most of
them couldn't afford this before covid.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuru
Yes just what I want now, to be TRAPPED inside for a boatload of $$$$ on my VACATION.

I don't see this opening before summer 2022, even fall maybe. No way they make $$$ off this initially nor are many others looking to interact with the other guests.

Unrelated thread, and while easily handled better due to what it is VS a hotel, I believe that SNW will run into the same issue. Group, or community, led acitvities at many public places Id presume will be severely limited for the next few years.

Yes just what I want now, to be TRAPPED inside for a boatload of $$$$ on my VACATION.
The way I think about it, and how I might end up enjoying it... Is, my favorite parts of Rise of the Resistance are everything leading up to the actual ride... Now, imagine a two day vacation that's just that stuff.. Fake shuttles to/from a big ship. Kylo Ren boarding and causing a scene. A space battle happening outside our windows. It could be really neat.

It's the sleeping in bunks overnight in the illusion of being in space that worries me. I get homesick and feel nauseous sometimes on normal vacations... I bet you, if they actually pulled off the feeling of being on a ship in space for this as well as they do the Star Destroyer for Rise, that I would get pretty claustrophobic and sick that first night. But hey, then the next morning I get to take a shuttle down to Batuu and have a breakfast Ronto Wrap so it's all good!

The way I think about it, and how I might end up enjoying it... Is, my favorite parts of Rise of the Resistance are everything leading up to the actual ride... Now, imagine a two day vacation that's just that stuff.. Fake shuttles to/from a big ship. Kylo Ren boarding and causing a scene. A space battle happening outside our windows. It could be really neat.

It's the sleeping in bunks overnight in the illusion of being in space that worries me. I get homesick and feel nauseous sometimes on normal vacations... I bet you, if they actually pulled off the feeling of being on a ship in space for this as well as they do the Star Destroyer for Rise, that I would get pretty claustrophobic and sick that first night. But hey, then the next morning I get to take a shuttle down to Batuu and have a breakfast Ronto Wrap so it's all good!
Oh Im with you on the actual experience itself. It has potential for terrific immersion and storytelling that other than Rise, SWGE doesn't offer. A true one of a kind fan driven experience, in a non Covid world this would be a premiere experience I feel. Since the amount of boarding members is smaller as well, Cast Members who are really good will likely remember you as well, so if the day before you and Kylo had a run in, some storm trooper the next day can bring it up and be like "Don't speak out again, remember yesterday?" or something like that, which they promised would happen in the land but hey at least now it can get implemented.

This will work once Covid is handled, whatever that means exactly, but I feel they just can't open this until that time as I don't want to be 6 ft from Kylo, LET US MEET FACE TO FACE.

You get the point though, the restrictions would take a lot out of this specific experience I feel, and Im sure they're willing to wait on this one.

I really don't get it. First of all it's the wrong Star Wars for me but I will pretend it's the episode 4, 5 and 6. I have still no idea why I would pay money to get locked up for a few days and nights on this tiny cruise-boat like building to get served coss-play and not great acting to roleplay some stuff. I see kids (teens) run around Hogwarts pretending they are there, dressed up and all, they look to have fun but doing that for 3 days?
And the rooms don't look inviting either. This room looks like BB8's butthole instead of a luxury space cruiser. I just don't get it but I'm looking forward to some honest reviews as I find it a wildly interesting experiment.
1602775748634.png

I don't get it either, but it will probably be a huge hit for the folks that can afford it. Doesn't sound like anything I'd ever be able to afford sadly. Looking forward to the Youtube reports and other vloggers impressions.

Once the covid threat eases, and this opens, I could see it doing quite well for a year or two, maybe three. But once they get through the backlog of hardcore SW fanbois and fanbois parents that have money, I just don't see
where the demand will come from.

Reactions: HandsomePete
Exactly... it‘s going to look good in press releases and the splashy unpaid PR campaign when it opens. As an ongoing thing that needs to operate for at least 15-20, maybe 30 years? Not so much.

It’s a highly leveraged bet but all the decision makers will be 1-3 roles down the road or working for a different company when it comes time to tally up the final score.