Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 131 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Really? A cantina, an actual sit down restaurant? Such an iconic word (cantina) and place in the SW universe? Now an over rated/ over priced sit down restaurant? So let the stupidity parade begins. That's -2 points for SW:GE, and can someone get these idiots a Spanish dictionary, please!

.....it hasn’t opened yet....

Reactions: alomar and HereWeGo
I'm kinda torn on this. I agree that having the cantina be a sit down would be limiting, because everyone is going to want to see it. But the flip side of that is that everyone is going to want to see it, so if they just make it a normal quick service deal, it could get overcrowded quickly and no one would enjoy it. I guess they could set up queues, like ollivanders, but I don't know thats the best answer either.

Reactions: Blaw923
I don't see the cantina being a sit down, I picture it as a bar and small plate QS area like the Writer's Stop/Baseline Taphouse. I'd love to see a Jabba's Palace type setup for the sit down with Sy Snoodles and the Max Rebo band as entertainment, or maybe have a showcase with different alien acts like the group from Maz's place.

Really? A cantina, an actual sit down restaurant? Such an iconic word (cantina) and place in the SW universe? Now an over rated/ over priced sit down restaurant? So let the stupidity parade begins. That's -2 points for SW:GE, and can someone get these idiots a Spanish dictionary, please!
As I said, it's going to be a bar/lounge and sitdown. Disney is trying to have it both ways.

Reactions: HereWeGo
I understand that @Joe, but it totally makes sense for the Disney Corp mentality. We’ve been told that the Cantina was going to be very immersive, and obviously was bound to get the attention from the “multiple types” fan base, because it is so iconic. Now it seems like the $107.00+ entrance fee is not enough to experience this. To turn it into a totally contradicting restaurant sucks because not everyone now will get the full experience of the Cantina. Even if they did a Prime Time type of layout, it will defeat the purpose. I like Prime Time bar, but I have to say it can get a little loud between the host screaming, the clink and clanking of plates and silverware, people standing everywhere waiting for tables, while their kids are jumping all over the furniture and screaming…. BUT! Prime Time is a household theme in the 50’s…… ish? So that’s fine with me. Now when it comes to a dangerous cantina in a galaxy far far away, I just don’t want to see any of that. They can have the building share Kitchen but it should not be connected. I guess all I’m trying to say is, why can’t we get a BAR! Just a bar with some unique appetizers where the PAYING adults can chillax. Instead of getting a family restaurant with a lobby that happens to have a full bar.

But you are right, it’s not open yet…. Hopefully it will be like Baseline where even though there’s access to Sci-Fi, it is just to the entrance hallway which it is impossible to see or hear the restaurant.

Animatronic heavy immersive dinner show experience. If it was open to everyone there would be a line around the park to get in. Being a sit down is kinda the only way to keep it manageable if you ask me.

Heck, there’s a line out the door at Cosmic Ray’s, and they only got one AA space alien in there. ;)

Honestly, I’m only interested in DJ Rex!

Why can’t this work like The Leaky Cauldron does when it’s really busy? The dining area itself is not very crowded because they control the amount of people who can enter the it. They also direct you where to sit and such.

Reactions: Andysol
Why can’t this work like The Leaky Cauldron does when it’s really busy? The dining area itself is not very crowded because they control the amount of people who can enter the it. They also direct you where to sit and such.
Probably because people will sit and watch the entertainment and just order a Coke.

If Celestina performed inside the Leaky Cauldron I'd agree, but that restaurant, as well themed as it is, doesn't contain themed entertainment, AAs, etc.

Animatronic heavy immersive dinner show experience. If it was open to everyone there would be a line around the park to get in. Being a sit down is kinda the only way to keep it manageable if you ask me.

Heck, there’s a line out the door at Cosmic Ray’s, and they only got one AA space alien in there. ;)

Honestly, I’m only interested in DJ Rex!

this is probably true. Anyone willing to bet this will also be a "pay ahead" dinner reservation like the Royal Table?

this is probably true. Anyone willing to bet this will also be a "pay ahead" dinner reservation like the Royal Table?
I don't know if they would go that far. I imagine it more like Sci-Fi Dine In, where you cannot look in to see the main dining area until you're seated.

They'll probably technically take walk ups, but I don't see there being any slots available for a few decades or so after opening. :p

I don't know if they would go that far. I imagine it more like Sci-Fi Dine In, where you cannot look in to see the main dining area until you're seated.

They'll probably technically take walk ups, but I don't see there being any slots available for a few decades or so after opening. :p

Unless you book 120 days out with your club level bonus fastpasses....

I wonder if it'll be like a dinner show with set times, or constantly rotating?

Unless you book 120 days out with your club level bonus fastpasses....

I wonder if it'll be like a dinner show with set times, or constantly rotating?
I imagine that it will be similar to Germany's setup with Biergarten (aka multiple sets throughout the day, not tethered to when new guests arrive) versus Hoop De Doo Revue (fewer, specific showtimes based around when new groups are seated). I do fear for the crowds if the bar has any view of the show; it's much more difficult to police how many people crowd around a bar than keeping sitdown guests in a lobby until their table is ready.

This does raise questions about the quick-service, though: are they both cantinas? If not, what is the other one supposed to be?

I imagine that it will be similar to Germany's setup with Biergarten (aka multiple sets throughout the day, not tethered to when new guests arrive) versus Hoop De Doo Revue (fewer, specific showtimes based around when new groups are seated). I do fear for the crowds if the bar has any view of the show; it's much more difficult to police how many people crowd around a bar than keeping sitdown guests in a lobby until their table is ready.

This does raise questions about the quick-service, though: are they both cantinas? If not, what is the other one supposed to be?
I've heard the quick service is going to be similar to Satuli Canteen.

Reactions: Jones14 and Alicia
yeah i disagree with the statement since TSL looks cheap other stuff will as well
i expect SWGE to be the best theme park land in the world
I think SW:GE is going to seem very similar to Pandora in that both rides will be right next to each other with a completely empty side of the land. Pandora has the side near NRJ where the expansion pad is and SWGE has the giant berm because the land was designed for Disneyland and where the berm is at DHS is actually where ROA is at DL. The berm is the expansion plot for Galaxy's Edge (can fit a building about the size of Falcon).

As for best themed land in the world... we'll see about that. I wonder what it will feel like just wandering around the land because as most know, wandering around Pandora is a quite a hollow experience.

As for best themed land in the world... we'll see about that. I wonder what it will feel like just wandering around the land because as most know, wandering around Pandora is a quite a hollow experience.
The issue with Pandora is they can't/don't have the Navii or other inhabitants wandering around to interact with. My assumption with SW:GE is that we will see people/droids moving in the land.

I think SW:GE is going to seem very similar to Pandora in that both rides will be right next to each other with a completely empty side of the land. Pandora has the side near NRJ where the expansion pad is and SWGE has the giant berm because the land was designed for Disneyland and where the berm is at DHS is actually where ROA is at DL. The berm is the expansion plot for Galaxey's Edge (can fit a building about the size of Falcon).

Probably a better comment for the SW thread, but they need to be as ambitious as they claim they’ll be on streetmosphete to combat this. The glorified roomba they tested at DL wont cut it

Reactions: Ultranel and Nick