Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 133 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I expect the Battle attraction to have a lot more screens than some think, but have a lot more animated figures (there won't be 150 "real" AAs) than others think.

I also kind of am blah on the attraction until I see some sort of hook. So far the concept just doesn't grab me.

I'm very excited for the Falcon ride though, and am hoping it can actually be as interactive as advertised

Reactions: Blaw923
Just a thought here… Knowing that SW:GE is an exact copy of DL’s, except for the 3rd entrance, that if built, it will dump you in that center empty spot aka “black hole”. Don’t you guys think it’s a miss opportunity for Disney to move ST to that area? I mean ST is such a compact ride and by the looks on Google Maps the building would fit there just fine. I just thought the design of a pathway/entrace is there and old rumors were saying Muppets Courtyard could be used as distant future expansion for SW:GE. Won’t you think moving ST asap to that empty spot could open a wider future for the Indy/Backlot area for a future land there…. Since once the redo that area DHS will become into a pretty solid Theme Park completely opposite to what it is now. Thoughts? Besides the money excuse, I just can’t feel sorry for Disney about money when they brag every 3 months that they made more money than last quarter…. And the last, and the one before that one. I just think it would be a great idea.

Just a thought here… Knowing that SW:GE is an exact copy of DL’s, except for the 3rd entrance, that if built, it will dump you in that center empty spot aka “black hole”. Don’t you guys think it’s a miss opportunity for Disney to move ST to that area? I mean ST is such a compact ride and by the looks on Google Maps the building would fit there just fine. I just thought the design of a pathway/entrace is there and old rumors were saying Muppets Courtyard could be used as distant future expansion for SW:GE. Won’t you think moving ST asap to that empty spot could open a wider future for the Indy/Backlot area for a future land there…. Since once the redo that area DHS will become into a pretty solid Theme Park completely opposite to what it is now. Thoughts? Besides the money excuse, I just can’t feel sorry for Disney about money when they brag every 3 months that they made more money than last quarter…. And the last, and the one before that one. I just think it would be a great idea.

I don't think ST is long for this world in a post GE world. The Falcon ride is a better ST

I think it's hard to say which is better but SNW definitely lends itself to a theme park better than anything else I can think of just now.

We'll just have to wait and see. I agree based on concept art that SNW looks to be better suited for a theme park land than SW:GE, but it's all going to come down to the execution.

But hey- until something actually comes out and dethrones Harry Potter- it's all talk. Let's not forget- 2 parks- 2 lands- connected by a ride itself to transport you between them. That's a mighty big seat to fill.

I think all of them are/will probably be great. SNW's rides just seem to go to the next level in ways Gringotts/DC replacement/Falcon/Battle don't.

So SNWs rides that haven't been executed yet and no one has ridden is going to be at a higher level than The DC replacement/Falcon/Battle ride that haven't been executed yet and no one has ridden.

Makes sense. o_O

I don't think ST is long for this world in a post GE world. The Falcon ride is a better ST
Perhaps, the only thing that worries me about that would be The Falcon is supposed to interact with guest (the whole driving thing) which tells me how many destinations/adventures will it have? I get ST is old as a dinosaur and has seen better days, but Disney got it!... finally! by bringing new destination it refreshed ST as a whole IMO. I know now I can fly to Crait, and I also know in 1 to 2 yrs from today I would be able to fly to another new destination, and many more after that. Would the Falcon be able to deliver that? To me it sounds like its going to be the same setting/adventure every time like original ST.

So SNWs rides that haven't been executed yet and no one has ridden is going to be at a higher level than The DC replacement/Falcon/Battle ride that haven't been executed yet and no one has ridden.

Makes sense. o_O

"SNW's rides just seem to go to the next level"

Words are important.

Perhaps, the only thing that worries me about that would be The Falcon is supposed to interact with guest (the whole driving thing) which tells me how many destinations/adventures will it have? I get ST is old as a dinosaur and has seen better days, but Disney got it!... finally! by bringing new destination it refreshed ST as a whole IMO. I know now I can fly to Crait, and I also know in 1 to 2 yrs from today I would be able to fly to another new destination, and many more after that. Would the Falcon be able to deliver that? To me it sounds like its going to be the same setting/adventure every time like original ST.

I can see that. I'm of the opinion ST, story-wise, got worse with the updates and the specifically crafted ride experience of the first was a strength, but if you feel differently I understand wanting to keep the random ride generator

Reactions: Ultranel

Maybe some of the interactivity is the group can pick destinations?

Reactions: Scott W.
I love aerials, but goodness, people need to coordinate better. This is our FOURTH aerial update since last Friday.

They literally all look the same because of the closeness in which the pics have been taken.

I’ve never taken a helicopter tour but how far in advance do these have to be booked or you can just show up and off you go?

Reactions: tyro
I love aerials, but goodness, people need to coordinate better. This is our FOURTH aerial update since last Friday.

They literally all look the same because of the closeness in which the pics have been taken.
Maybe they split the cost of the flight. You know blogger doesn't pay much.....

I will say that one small, but noticeable thing in these aerials from other recent ones is that a bunch of trees has suddenly been planted along the berm. I'm sure lots more will be on their way.

Reactions: Scott W.