Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 176 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So... we now have confirmation of 6 riders per pod and 7 pods per turntable. What rate does that equate to?

Also, confirmation that riders will play a role in not only flying the ship but also shooting at enemies and making sure that everything is working properly. If you crash the ship, it gets shot up, or has mechanical issues, then this will impact the "credits" you get for the ride and may impact your interaction with locals.

Man, I feel sorry for people with small kids who let them ride and fanbois who will flip out if the kid screws their ride up.

So... we now have confirmation of 6 riders per pod and 7 pods per turntable. What rate does that equate to?

Also, confirmation that riders will play a role in not only flying the ship but also shooting at enemies and making sure that everything is working properly. If you crash the ship, it gets shot up, or has mechanical issues, then this will impact the "credits" you get for the ride and may impact your interaction with locals.

Man, I feel sorry for people with small kids who let them ride and fanbois who will flip out if the kid screws their ride up.

I give the heavy interactivity a few weeks before the complaints of Little Johnny's parents overwhelm guest services.

Or that the interactivity will automatically do stuff if Little Johnny forgets to push a button

EDIT: Also, where is this confirmation? I just don't see how having the option of guest crashing a ship makes this ride ending up a good one. Seems needlessly complicated

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'm thinking they could also automate those seats that are empty or occupied by kids to prevent this.
I'm pretty sure that is what happens on Mission Space in the empty pods.

I'm thinking they could also automate those seats that are empty or occupied by kids to prevent this.
I'm pretty sure that is what happens on Mission Space in the empty pods.
There is no interactivity on Mission Space. If you don't press a button when told to an extra audio sample is played saying "Computer override engaged" or something similar. The screen elements are not affected whatsoever. And the joysticks do nothing. Originally it was planned to have more (any) interactivity, but those plans never made it onto the ride.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
"200 buttons, knobs, and switches that all do stuff"

Oh come on. This sounds like homework
The switches at Mission Space light up and some make sounds when you flip them, so that's not new. Doesn't affect the ride, but they do technically do stuff.

The switches at Mission Space light up and some make sounds when you flip them, so that's not new. Doesn't affect the ride, but they do technically do stuff.

I hope your right. But the "all do stuff" as it's implied in that post leads me to believe they're all integral in flying the ship properly.

I hope your right. But the "all do stuff" as it's implied in that post leads me to believe they're all integral in flying the ship properly.
Yea, and we were promised the ground would glow beneath our feet and plants would interact with us as we passed by in Pandora. Not to be too negative, but I try not to read too much into marketing speak based on early Imagineering concepts these days lol. Especially when it comes to an "interactive" ride.

Maybe it'll end up being like Mission Space in the end, in that it will have a green and orange side... Half will be automated for easy experiences and half will be for those that actually want the challenge for really flying the Falcon... But more than likely, whatever they end up with is going to be much more watered down than what they were originally dreaming up.

Which is fine. It is a theme park after all, not DisneyQuest.

Yea, and we were promised the ground would glow beneath our feet and plants would interact with us as we passed by in Pandora. Not to be too negative, but I try not to read too much into marketing speak based on early Imagineering concepts these days lol. Especially when it comes to an "interactive" ride.

Maybe it'll end up being like Mission Space in the end, and half will be automated and half will be for those that actually want the challenge for really flying the Falcon... But more than likely, is whatever they end up with is going to be much more watered down than what they were originally dreaming up.

At this point I'd rather have watered down. Give me a tight, fun experience where I get to shoot some TIEs. I don't need a ride I need an instruction manual for

EDIT: I definitely want there to be some flying control of course. But working together with six people on this seems...needlessly complicated.

Maybe it'll end up being like Mission Space in the end, in that it will have a green and orange side... Half will be automated for easy experiences and half will be for those that actually want the challenge for really flying the Falcon... But more than likely, whatever they end up with is going to be much more watered down than what they were originally dreaming up.

We do have officially released video of the glowing ground beneath people’s feet so it was being tested but then, nothing. I also wish the forest was more dense on the outside but overall they did a great job.

We do have officially released video of the glowing ground beneath people’s feet so it was being tested but then, nothing. I also wish the forest was more dense on the outside but overall they did a great job.
Yea, exactly. I'm sure they have the tech, wanted it in the land, but at the end of the day, not everything scales up to a realistic use in a theme park that sees millions of visitors. I still love Pandora the way it is. So I try not to get too caught up on early releases nowadays.

SO ...if you are spending the entire time looking for buttons to push, when are you actually watching the screen, and uh, you know, enjoying the ride? Do you need to stand to push these buttons? How does that work with the motion base?

I'll admit it's a brave concept, but I'm not sure how many guests will be into this.

Also, Hondo Ohnaka being the main character on the ride isn't going to ring many bells for most folks. I even had to look him up, and I've watched the Rebels and Clone Wars cartoons.

ALSO...it sounds like your results will be added to your magic band, which will likely just give you a slightly different experience when interacting with cast members.
Personally I like the idea of having a bounty on my head. So maybe I'll sabotage the mission on purpose.

Reactions: Ryno27
Also, Hondo Ohnaka being the main character on the ride isn't going to ring many bells for most folks. I even had to look him up, and I've watched the Rebels and Clone Wars cartoons.

Not to mention that he's a terribly horrible character.

Wouldn't it make sense to have Poe or Rey or someone of the like sending you on the mission?

Not to mention that he's a terribly horrible character.

Wouldn't it make sense to have Poe or Rey or someone of the like sending you on the mission?

I'd agree that he's a horrible character, but he's so completely forgettable, that I don't even remember.