Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I think Pandora will looo great. Star Wars will blow it away due to rides and interaction alone. Avatar has s short boat ride and a plussed Soarin. The two Star Wars rides sound amazing.
1 Star Wars ride sounds good. The other one is Dumbo with a screen.

Glad it's just a bad rumor. That sounded like a stupid concept anyway. :)

You'd be surprised. We have an attraction that utilises this concept in the U.K. and it's a fantastic experience (lasting around 20 minutes too). There was talk of Disney and Universal trying this out and enjoying it too.

However whilst it works for the U.K. attraction, this was designed with everything in mind and with it being the first ride system of its kind (the story and ride system were designed alongside each other). If Disney were to use this ride system or something similar I'd be pretty hestitant because I'm unsure to how they could get it to work effectively with any other theme, let alone something Star Wars related!

Reactions: Mad Dog
Seeing as Avatar is offering Coke. Would put good money on Star Wars doing the same.

I'd bet they sell Coke, but not for that reason. Satu'li Canteen was built and run by RDA/ACE. So it's not truly a Pandora restaurant. The humans in Pandora created it, so it's not unreasonable to think they'd drink Coke.

The biggest reason I bet they sell Coke, is who the heck wants Blue Milk in July? I guess they could come up with "Smugglers Fizz" or some other rogue or scoundrel name, but there's nothing in cannon to sell. I'd bet JK wouldn't give a damn about theme if she hadn't already dreamed up and written about so many unique options herself.

Last edited:
I'd bet they sell Coke, but not for that reason. Satu'li Canteen was built and run by RDA/ACE. So it's not truly a Pandora restaurant. The humans in Pandora created it, so it's not unreasonable to think they'd drink Coke.

The biggest reason I bet they sell Coke, is who the heck wants Blue Milk in July? I guess they could come up with "Smugglers Fizz" or some other rogue or scoundrel name, but there's nothing in cannon to sell. I'd bet JK wouldn't give a damn about theme if she hadn't already dreamed up and written about so many unique options herself.
you know i ve always thought this
i know its in the movies but nothing sounds more disgusting than milk in the hot Florida summer

I just finished watching the video of the full Celebration panel. I know it’s very easy for people to be cynical about Disney’s efforts of late, but when you parse through the carefully-chosen PR speak, the sense I get from the Star Wars Land team is that they have the desire to absolutely floor us when we finally walk into the land in a couple years. The level of immersion and interactivity - if delivered as hinted at - will take Universal’s (great) strides in that area to the next level, and as a huge fan of the STAR WARS movies, I’m excited to ponder the possibilities.

I think Disney knows they have to create one of the very best (if not the best) themed areas on the planet, and at least in terms of scale and ambition, they seem well on their way to doing that.

i know its in the movies but nothing sounds more disgusting than milk in the hot Florida summer
I hope they create a new beverage. The blue milk at the Star Wars breakfast at sci-fi diner was just milk and blue raspberry syrup.

As with Butterbeer, I'll be shocked if there aren't a few different kinds of beverages sold under the "Blue Milk" banner. A milkshake option seems like an obvious way to go.

Reactions: Mike S and Alicia
The talk of a more “realistic” looking lightsaber has got me thinking about merchandise already. Clearly with the Build-A-Lightsaber kiosk in the parks, Disney knows the lighstabers are probably the closest thing they’ve got to Harry Potter’s wands. Even so, the BALs are very much kids toys. I’d love to see some kind of a higher-end option offered that isn’t just a toy. Quality, unique hilt designs (customizable or not), maybe with an attachable and sturdy blade. I’m imagining the Star Wars equivalent of a small antiques store with chests and cupboards of these old “Force relics” that you can choose from.

Disney should still keep the Build-A-Lightsaber stuff for the kids (and the kids-at-heart), but I’d happily pay a premium for my own, unique lightsaber hilt that’s made of something other than cheap plastic.

Unpopular opinion but I think if anything will be cut is the reputation/the stunt show on the roof and streets. With Star Wars being a massively overly popular IP, crowd control will be an issue. The way I got it was roaming random street fights which mean they come out of nowhere, with that I can see accidents happening which doesn't boon well over time. As for the reputation aspect, it will be the first to go away. People are going to be quite annoyed when people crash the Millennium Falcon for laughs and giggles (Some people don't know when not to troll) or some kid is upset that that crashed the plane and someone reminds them about it. The interactivity is great don't get me wrong but when it can affect others ride experience as well not as smart.

Reactions: amityboattours
I have a feeling kids won't be targeted in the same way as adults but we shall see.
Definitely an interesting and downright astounding concept if they can pull it off properly...

Oh Disney will certainly go for the adults as most of us will have 40 odd years of Star Wars ingrained in us, oh you want me to be part of the resistance YES ! or Stormtrooper YES all the childhood dreams of being Luke or Han or a Stormtrooper will come flooding back and you will do whatever foolish adventure they want, I know I will :p

Reactions: Mike S and Frogki
The talk of a more “realistic” looking lightsaber has got me thinking about merchandise already. Clearly with the Build-A-Lightsaber kiosk in the parks, Disney knows the lighstabers are probably the closest thing they’ve got to Harry Potter’s wands. Even so, the BALs are very much kids toys. I’d love to see some kind of a higher-end option offered that isn’t just a toy. Quality, unique hilt designs (customizable or not), maybe with an attachable and sturdy blade. I’m imagining the Star Wars equivalent of a small antiques store with chests and cupboards of these old “Force relics” that you can choose from.

Disney should still keep the Build-A-Lightsaber stuff for the kids (and the kids-at-heart), but I’d happily pay a premium for my own, unique lightsaber hilt that’s made of something other than cheap plastic.
I was assuming the realistic-looking lightsabers were for show purposes, not merchandise.