Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So did anyone notice any food from Rogue One or The Force Awakens that could be used in a land? I heard they were going to specifically feature some food and beverages, so they can have material to work with for the dining in the land. We should all keep a close eye on The Last Jedi for similar reasons.

So did anyone notice any food from Rogue One or The Force Awakens that could be used in a land? I heard they were going to specifically feature some food and beverages, so they can have material to work with for the dining in the land. We should all keep a close eye on The Last Jedi for similar reasons.

The instant bread in The Force Awakens. But I heard it tasted so gross.

By "most of the users" you mean "you," Right? Just checking. :D

I mean, I'm drinking right now but a few other members come to mind. :look:

If they don't have the OU team making the names for the food, they're missing out. I'm still tickled by Rogue Wonton Soup from the last podcast.

Unpopular opinion but I think if anything will be cut is the reputation/the stunt show on the roof and streets. With Star Wars being a massively overly popular IP, crowd control will be an issue. The way I got it was roaming random street fights which mean they come out of nowhere, with that I can see accidents happening which doesn't boon well over time. As for the reputation aspect, it will be the first to go away. People are going to be quite annoyed when people crash the Millennium Falcon for laughs and giggles (Some people don't know when not to troll) or some kid is upset that that crashed the plane and someone reminds them about it. The interactivity is great don't get me wrong but when it can affect others ride experience as well not as smart.
It was suggested by someone on Magic that you can choose to go all out with the story stuff or opt out completely.

Reactions: quinnmac000
I watched a whole design talk on the Kim Possible / Agent P game design once - what they think guests will do and want to do is often far divorced from reality.

Elements of that, but it'll be closer to Ghost Town Alive at Knott's. every character will have a 'home/shop/cantina/general area where they are in the land where you report to other characters, interact, they'll send you on missions, it's one of the best immersive theme park experiences currently around. It's a concept Disney has been testing the past few years in Fronteirland (in CA), and Knott's was the first do it almost park-wide.

If you've never seen Ghost Town Alive check it out. I suspect it'll be the very same concept but set in the Star Wars universe obviously.

Elements of that, but it'll be closer to Ghost Town Alive at Knott's. every character will have a 'home/shop/cantina/general area where they are in the land where you report to other characters, interact, they'll send you on missions, it's one of the best immersive theme park experiences currently around. It's a concept Disney has been testing the past few years in Fronteirland (in CA), and Knott's was the first do it almost park-wide.

If you've never seen Ghost Town Alive check it out. I suspect it'll be the very same concept but set in the Star Wars universe obviously.

InsideTheMagic, strangely made a rather good comparison towards the interactive Frontierland event that occured a few year's back being main a test for this in particular. And from what it seems, it was a success.

Reactions: Mike S
InsideTheMagic, strangely made a rather good comparison towards the interactive Frontierland event that occured a few year's back being main a test for this in particular. And from what it seems, it was a success.
I don't remember this. Is their a video somewhere or can you give a good summary of what it was?

I don't remember this. Is their a video somewhere or can you give a good summary of what it was?

Back in 2014, Disneyland did a limited-engagement event that made Frontierland; a living, breathing, interactive land that included the guests being able to do things, interact with locals of Frontierland, and to be apart of their own story.

Back in 2014, Disneyland did a limited-engagement event that made Frontierland; a living, breathing, interactive land that included the guests being able to do things, interact with locals of Frontierland, and to be apart of their own story.
Sooo, Westworld Lite?

Reactions: Joel
Ghost Town In The Sky, Tweetie Railroad, and a whole crop of other "Ghost Towns" did that back in the '60s. It is still done at places like Colonial Williamsburg.

And Knotts has the uber-successful "Ghost Town Alive", which expands upon what Disney tried to achieve on Legends of Frontierland to a new level.

It's even coming back for a second year, in-light of it's success.

I am very excited to see how they try to tackle a permanent, year-round version of this that can enhance what Disney tried to do; but on a larger scale.