Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Of course it could just be a case that the angle is terrible and there is enough room to add 2 more but we just can't see.

Of course it could just be a case that the angle is terrible and there is enough room to add 2 more but we just can't see.
No, when you look at the video you can clearly see that there is no room for two more. From all angles. The ground has already been prepped.

No, when you look at the video you can clearly see that there is no room for two more. From all angles. The ground has already been prepped.

Marni also added an edit that when he looked at the video, it was only showing half of the showbuilding which implies that there will be two more (to me, anyways)

This thread is moving way too fast today for a person at work to keep up with!

In any case, that image of the Falcon ride intrigues me. I do wonder what sort of capacity it will end up having, four carousels or not.

This thread is moving way too fast today for a person at work to keep up with!

In any case, that image of the Falcon ride intrigues me. I do wonder what sort of capacity it will end up having, four carousels or not.
I think the building's actual size, and the length (circumference?) of those circles, is hard to tell from that image. It's probably a lot bigger than we're imagining. (Plus, maybe the ride vehicle moves very slow for a longer ride, and allows more cars on the track than we're imagining?)

Look towards the bottom-center of the image, where the crane is sitting, between the two circles. There's a cut-out section of outer circle wall on the right circle that looks to me where the load/unload areas may be. You can see the concrete walkways leading to those areas.

fox-copter-march-starwars-dl.jpg

Wide shot I grabbed from the video, showing the other ride being built on the right
fox-copter-march-starwars-dl-wide.jpg

Well the current Star Wars ride be located within or adjacent to the new land?
Star Tours? We don't know for sure if, or for how long, it will remain open, but Star Tours will not be part of the Star Wars land.

In Disneyland it's clear across the park in Tomorrowland. In Hollywood Studios it will separated from SWL by Muppetvision 3D, PizzeRizzo/Mama Melrose's. And while technically ours could be linked to SWL around the back of the Muppet area, I doubt seriously that they will do that.

Star Tours takes place in a different time period (or rather, somehow, all time periods at once,) and will not match the new style of the new planet created for SWL. It is not mentioned in any of the press releases or show up in any of the concept art.

I expect Star Tours will remain open for a year or two to keep guests happy and disperse crowds a little with SWL being so new and shiny. Then it may go away or be rethemed as something entirely new. We've talked endlessly in this thread about what may replace it. My money's on The Incredibles, (or just tearing it down and putting something new there.)

So yea, no one actually knows.

I think the building's actual size, and the length (circumference?) of those circles, is hard to tell from that image. It's probably a lot bigger than we're imagining. (Plus, maybe the ride vehicle moves very slow for a longer ride, and allows more cars on the track than we're imagining?)

Look towards the bottom-center of the image, where the crane is sitting, between the two circles. There's a cut-out section of outer circle wall on the right circle that looks to me where the load/unload areas may be. You can see the concrete walkways leading to those areas.

fox-copter-march-starwars-dl.jpg

Wide shot I grabbed from the video, showing the other ride being built on the right
fox-copter-march-starwars-dl-wide.jpg

Those are pretty big, what did Mission Space look like under construction?

If this pic is accurate:

And you combine it with this pic:

Then it's clear that there aren't another two spinners coming. That footprint matches the footprint of the mock layout pretty well. Unless it goes two stories, that's it.
I wouldn't assume that. I think they could fit two more along the edge of Battle Escape.

I wouldn't assume that. I think they could fit two more along the edge of Battle Escape.

Well i specifically said if it matches the layout in the first pic, but...

Not really. I don't feel like photoshopping right now, but a quick measure shows it would stick out in the road or the pathways. Not to mention, they've already started construction of something there and it's clearly doesn't match up with a second set of spinners.

Not really. I don't feel like photoshopping right now, but a quick measure shows it would stick out in the road or the pathways. Not to mention, they've already started construction of something there and it's clearly doesn't match up with a second set of spinners.
Sorry, I read your post too quickly. I don't think that sketch was drawn with specificity in mind.

It doesn't appear to me that any concrete work has been done in that area, and the black 'L' looks temporary to me. It's clear that the building will run along the sides of Battle Escape, and the area there is far too large for a queue.

If you look at the released concept art, it's clear that the show building will wrap in a circle. The ride entrance and queue obviously on the right, and what looks to be the exit on the left.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Keep in mind I made that graphic for our version of Star Wars at WDW and the photos of construction are from Disneyland, so there will be some differences.