Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

Yes, and the Disneyland placements are different than WDW so it's a little tricky to match them up.
The overall layout of both DL and WDW are almost exactly the same. The entrances to the lands will certainly be different on the coasts, but the only major thing different about the project between the coasts is DL had to reroute Rivers of America and the train.

Keep in mind I made that graphic for our version of Star Wars at WDW and the photos of construction are from Disneyland, so there will be some differences.
Yes, and the Disneyland placements are different than WDW so it's a little tricky to match them up.

After looking at this pic I'd like to recant my previous statements:

EPSG3785_Date20170213_Lat33.814229_Lon-117.920825_Mpp0.299-sm.jpg

This is the nearmap from January. You can see where the spinners are, there is a large "L" shape. In the aerial vidcap pic, you can see a second one of these "L" shapes being formed closer to the battle building meaning there will likely be a second set of spinners there. In looking at the aerial, I took the "L" to be at ground level making it impossible to get another spinner set there. Now I can see that it is probably below grade and matches up with what we see in the nearmap pic. 4 spinners it is.

Star Tours? We don't know for sure if, or for how long, it will remain open, but Star Tours will not be part of the Star Wars land.

In Disneyland it's clear across the park in Tomorrowland. In Hollywood Studios it will separated from SWL by Muppetvision 3D, PizzeRizzo/Mama Melrose's. And while technically ours could be linked to SWL around the back of the Muppet area, I doubt seriously that they will do that.

Star Tours takes place in a different time period (or rather, somehow, all time periods at once,) and will not match the new style of the new planet created for SWL. It is not mentioned in any of the press releases or show up in any of the concept art.

I expect Star Tours will remain open for a year or two to keep guests happy and disperse crowds a little with SWL being so new and shiny. Then it may go away or be rethemed as something entirely new. We've talked endlessly in this thread about what may replace it. My money's on The Incredibles, (or just tearing it down and putting something new there.)

So yea, no one actually knows.

There's a reason Iron Man uses the same ride system...

At least that will be the replacement for Disneyland. Not sure for you guys out there with the Uni contract and all.

The overall layout of both DL and WDW are almost exactly the same. The entrances to the lands will certainly be different on the coasts, but the only major thing different about the project between the coasts is DL had to reroute Rivers of America and the train.
That's what I was referring to, and that leads to some minor configuration changes which makes it problematic to do a full overlay.

Now that I see this pic, I think you're right. 4 Spinners.

After looking at this pic I'd like to recant my previous statements:

EPSG3785_Date20170213_Lat33.814229_Lon-117.920825_Mpp0.299-sm.jpg

This is the nearmap from January. You can see where the spinners are, there is a large "L" shape. In the aerial vidcap pic, you can see a second one of these "L" shapes being formed closer to the battle building meaning there will likely be a second set of spinners there. In looking at the aerial, I took the "L" to be at ground level making it impossible to get another spinner set there. Now I can see that it is probably below grade and matches up with what we see in the nearmap pic. 4 spinners it is.

I wonder if they're take a cue from Mission space with 1 side being mild and the other side being a little more intense.

I hope there is no comparison to be made at all between this ride and M:S...otherwise I'm worried this will be a disappointment
Yea, seeing it brought up so often in this thread is becoming concerning. That's a great way to disappoint a lot of people, tell them Star Wars will be like M:S.

I wonder if they're take a cue from Mission space with 1 side being mild and the other side being a little more intense.

I hope there is no comparison to be made at all between this ride and M:S...otherwise I'm worried this will be a disappointment

Ya they're saying it's not a centrifuge, it's a very slow-moving part of the ride so they will be the same speed (similar to FJ use of screens).

I remember reading on Magic months ago that there was speculation that riders got on the ride, exited the ride for a set scene, and then got back on a different part of the ride again. I wonder if there's any merit to that, and if there is, it could explain 4 centrifuges instead of two. Anyone hear any more info on that, or was it just a bad rumor?

I remember reading on Magic months ago that there was speculation that riders got on the ride, exited the ride for a set scene, and then got back on a different part of the ride again. I wonder if there's any merit to that, and if there is, it could explain 4 centrifuges instead of two. Anyone hear any more info on that, or was it just a bad rumor?

Bad rumour

And it was about the battle ride anyway. This is the Falcon ride.

Then it's clear that there aren't another two spinners coming. That footprint matches the footprint of the mock layout pretty well. Unless it goes two stories, that's it.

The mock being shared isn't completely accurate. The MF building is only currently half under construction, when completed it'll literally butt up against the Battle Escape building. 4 spinners is very possible.

The mock being shared isn't completely accurate. The MF building is only currently half under construction, when completed it'll literally butt up against the Battle Escape building. 4 spinners is very possible.

Read the rest of the thread...

I see Big Bird is finally being worked on, and it looks like about 6 months behind, looking at progress here and looking back at DL pics, and when you see it from above, DHS seems tiny really