Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
When there's a pod down they play an alternate ending (usually involving a stowaway). So if you ever get that ending, you know the pod directly in front of you is down to justify for the extra time needed to bypass the broken pod.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
When there's a pod down they play an alternate ending (usually involving a stowaway). So if you ever get that ending, you know the pod directly in front of you is down to justify for the extra time needed to bypass the broken pod.

Honest question, but if they had to bypass a downed pod, wouldn't that just take about maybe 5-10 seconds for the turntable to spin past that downed pod? I'm having a hard time seeing that as long enough to warrant an alternate ending. I'm not doubting that an alternate ending exists in case that one pod has a flawless flight vs. one that constantly crashes, resulting in drastic flight times.

To be fair, if I spent thousands on a trip just to check out a ride, they said it would open a certain day, and discover the hard way it's not open, I would be a little salty.
If you spent thousands just to come and check out one ride... well that's on you. There's never a guarantee any particular ride would be open on a specific date. Rides break down. Rides go for rehab. Thats why the ticket specifically states that.

Have had this happen and it doesn’t detract from the experience imo since the ride is already complete anyway.

Reactions: RevFreako
If pods are going down and it’s still not affecting guests to the point where they recognize anything is wrong (and the line is still manageable) then there’s literally no issue with the ride. Let’s not make a problem where there isn’t one. Go after FoP for still having full theaters down and ACTUALLY affecting wait times, but this is nothing.

I wonder what percent of Rise is fully operational and whats percent is the real culprit of technical difficulties.

Its one thing if they are knocking on the door with 90% working as expected and they are still just working on a certain effect that could just be cut for the sake of opening on Dec.5.

But if its a massive issues still like elevators operating properly,,,,yikes

If pods are going down and it’s still not affecting guests to the point where they recognize anything is wrong (and the line is still manageable) then there’s literally no issue with the ride. Let’s not make a problem where there isn’t one. Go after FoP for still having full theaters down and ACTUALLY affecting wait times, but this is nothing.

....If there’s pods going down then there are issues with the ride. I’m not saying it’s huge but to pretend it’s not is just wrong? Every ride has issues to various degrees, that’s what I’m saying.

....If there’s pods going down then there are issues with the ride. I’m not saying it’s huge but to pretend it’s not is just wrong? Every ride has issues to various degrees, that’s what I’m saying.
How about "there aren't guest-facing issues"?

giphy.gif

Looks like there's a casting notice for a Star Wars-related special event through 12/6. Possibly some type of grand opening show for the ride?

Though I wish it wasn't special, and was just a regular occurrence.

Reactions: Coasted
Sometimes it’s just a protein spill. Early on there were some bigger issues. They also have had to load/unload at the same bay and send exiting guests down the ADA elevator, which is a guest facing issue, but new riders don’t know it’s any different than normal operation.

Sometimes it’s just a protein spill. Early on there were some bigger issues. They also have had to load/unload at the same bay and send exiting guests down the ADA elevator, which is a guest facing issue, but new riders don’t know it’s any different than normal operation.

There were bigger issues earlier on. That’s the point I’m getting at. It’s a parallel ride system that can “hide” issues but that doesn’t mean said issues aren’t there.

Anywaaaaay

Reactions: Nick and Alicia
There were bigger issues earlier on. That’s the point I’m getting at. It’s a parallel ride system that can “hide” issues but that doesn’t mean said issues aren’t there.

Anywaaaaay
I agree the issues may be there, but if they aren’t affecting the guests, then it’s not something to make a thing about. Both Avatsr rides overheating, FoP running at half capacity and causing 3 hour lines? That’s an issue that guests notice and is seemingly much harder to fix since it’s been 2 years and still isn’t fixed.

If you spent thousands just to come and check out one ride... well that's on you. There's never a guarantee any particular ride would be open on a specific date. Rides break down. Rides go for rehab. Thats why the ticket specifically states that.
I feel new rides are the magnets to attract people, but the final decision to buy a ticket and come is the full experience. New rides don't exist in a vacuum.

I will be thrilled if it's similar.

IMHO this thing needs to be more dynamic and thrilling than Mystic, a six year old ride now.

Anyway I fished for some updates. Training had finally started on the ride. They’re still having significant issues with some of the ride vehicles and the one of the final drop shafts. They’re cutting it really close and it’s likely we’ll see a Test Track like opening of tons of delays and issues for a bit.

IMHO this thing needs to be more dynamic and thrilling than Mystic, a six year old ride now.

Anyway I fished for some updates. Training had finally started on the ride. They’re still having significant issues with some of the ride vehicles and the one of the final drop shafts. They’re cutting it really close and it’s likely we’ll see a Test Track like opening of tons of delays and issues for a bit.
Disappointing but somewhat expected with any ride. God I can't wait to read WDW though. I cannot stand the people who constant bash Hagrid's on there and act like its never open, eat their words with this ride lol. Im not even a "Stan" for either company but the hyperbole is just ridiculous sometimes.

Reactions: SeventyOne