Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I have no idea, but I'm getting a hydrolater vibe from that part. Less like Star Tours, more like a room you stand in, with a vibrating floor. You enter in one set of doors on the outside and exit another set of doors inside the building. The video shows people standing on that "ship".
You actually enter and exit through the same door. The "vehicle" is actually rotating to the next scene.

Reactions: tankart150
Disney is really asking for a Hagrid situation on Thursday with the problems this has had and no CM previews. Potentially worse than Hagrid.

I don't know enough about the situation right now to make a call. My gut tells me they haven't made any breakthroughs and it'll end up being like the Gringotts media previews/opening, just with more dumps of the queue. My hope is they've at least overcome the aspects of the attraction that cause it to fault so much.

Hagrid's early month's issues will probably put less pressure on opening problems and delays. Many are acclimated to tech issues right now. Not to say that there won't be any negativity if major issues arise, only that they won't create as much hand wringing since Hagrid was so recent with its tech problems.

Reactions: Andysol
Hagrid's early month's issues will probably put less pressure on opening problems and delays. Many are acclimated to tech issues right now. Not to say that there won't be any negativity if major issues arise, only that they won't create as much hand wringing since Hagrid was so recent with its tech problems.
I think lots of this has to do with the success of Hagrid’s of a ride in general. We haven’t heard reviews for this yet although I expect them to be glowing assume you get the full experience.

two wrongs don’t make a right.

I really want Disney to succeed on this one but they have put themselves in a really tough situation by setting a date when all signs are pointing that this ride isn’t ready to run X number of hours a day. People are gonna show up next week expecting this thing to be up.

I really want Disney to succeed on this one but they have put themselves in a really tough situation by setting a date when all signs are pointing that this ride isn’t ready to run X number of hours a day. People are gonna show up next week expecting this thing to be up.

this is not a mistake made solely by Disney. Wanting something to fail so they can “be taught a lesson” is such an extremely self centered and selfish point of view.

Reactions: Spaulding
this is not a mistake made solely by Disney. Wanting something to fail so they can “be taught a lesson” is such an extremely self centered and selfish point of view.

Well there are some who view it that way. Is it immature? Yes. But Disney is a multi billion company. They have the resources, money, and experience to know better than to open a highly anticipated attraction which is supposed to anchor a land before it’s ready. Either way I can’t wait till next week when first impressions start pouring in. As with Hagrid's I expect ROTR to blow our minds and usher in a new era of theme park dark rides. Will it have hiccups? Absolutely! What new groundbreaking hasn’t had issues to force it to go down. That being said, this is Disney. They hold themselves to a higher standard why shouldn’t we hold them to that?

Idk why but the promo video they put out for it, it looks kind of....cheap. As in the designs of the first order base look cartoony idk it didn’t look hyper realistic like I read it would be. Also kind of bummed they added a simulator section to it. Idk Thursday will tell all

two wrongs don’t make a right.
Never said they did, it'd just be some karma for Chapek publicly shaming Universal for having high wait times on their big attractions opening and calling it a "failure". Not rooting against it just pointing out his own hypocrisy if this thing doesn't do well this week. Me criticizing a company for a botched open and their openly cockiness is not rooting against them, its just a critique. The $ Im spending on Disney this April shows I'm not rooting against it. You always try and make this a Universal vs Disney debate when we're really just criticizing they're operations/handleing of SWGE. Doesn't make it a Uni v Disney thing, makes it a critique of Disney. Im not sure what is so wrong with that.

Last edited:
I kinda just hope the line gets to 10 hours

You always try and make this a Universal vs Disney debate when we're really just criticizing they're operations/handleing of SWGE. Doesn't make it a Uni v Disney thing, makes it a critique of Disney. Im not sure what is so wrong with that.

To be fair to @rhino4evr, it was you that said you hope the line gets to 10 hours

Hagrid's kind of is a failure though in that regard? It's been open 6 months and still hasn't had a full day's operation.

Plus, Disney JUST learned lessons with Flight of Passage (that they're still learning, I think?). But we of all people should know the industry well enough and know how hard it is to come up on a deadline when you're dealing with tech like this that really ONLY plague Disney and Universal because, let's be real, no one else is really creating attractions of this scope.