Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Mentioned this in the DL thread (thinking it was the DHS thread), but while the ride looks REALLY cool, that is after the Christmas rush is over when this opens, it’s unfortunately going to get overshadowed by the disaster that is the resentment behind the Disney trilogy and the jaded response to this land. Hopefully park management won’t see this “Oh, nobody wants to see big budget E-tickets” instead of looking at the context as to why GE underperformed.

Side-note: I find it interesting we’ll apparently be sitting down for the resistance ship segment.

Very nice video, something that impressed me was the speed that gunner post retracted, with the size and scale of that prop your probably getting Expedition Everest levels of power and speed to get that effect working. Unless they been very good with construction of the prop

I am excited about it after seeing the special last night. I wanted to avoid it, but since I am on my staycation at WDW until Dec 7th, I am hoping all goes well with it since I will be there on opening day and then redoing DHS on the 7th before leaving to go back home which is only 20 minutes away
So hoping this is what they are building it up to be, it looks really great and fun so shall see next Thursday.

Highly impressed with the b-roll footage. Didn't expect the transport to be that involved.
Same here. The Mon Calamari animatronic really pushed it over the edge for me, and seeing that some of the physical props are moveable (like the guns) alleviated my concerns about the screens being too much of a focus.

It is kinda funny that there will now be four Star Wars flight simulators (Transport, Escape Pod, Falcon, Star Tours), though.

Am I the only one finding it EXTREMELY odd no reviews have hit Twitter?

I find it hard to believe tons of CMs have ridden, and nobody has has made a fake account with full spoiler reviews.

I was telling my roommate the same thing tonight. By this point we should at least have some buzzword tweets leaking out.

Am I the only one finding it EXTREMELY odd no reviews have hit Twitter?

I find it hard to believe tons of CMs have ridden, and nobody has has made a fake account with full spoiler reviews.
Are CM Previews actually happening? From people I know that work in SWGE, there had been no previews as recent as earlier in the week.

Very nice video, something that impressed me was the speed that gunner post retracted, with the size and scale of that prop your probably getting Expedition Everest levels of power and speed to get that effect working. Unless they been very good with construction of the prop
If the prop is made from fiberglass with a very good paintjob it will look heavy but won't weight much. ;)

No CM Previews yet. The only CMs that have ridden are part of the training crew.

I hear they have been doing a lot of training...evacuating. ;)
Evacuating training with no guests? How does that work, you miss guest reactions for instance. :shrug:

Would you say the transport is basically a second Star Tours?

I have no idea, but I'm getting a hydrolater vibe from that part. Less like Star Tours, more like a room you stand in, with a vibrating floor. You enter in one set of doors on the outside and exit another set of doors inside the building. The video shows people standing on that "ship".