Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Does anyone know when Rise of the Resistance is set to open at WDW?

Secondly, has anyone heard specifics on what might be causing the delays? (AA malfunctions, ride vehicle issues, etc.)
The delay is to spread out crowds.

I'd say it's more likely that the delay was to spread out construction manpower, so they could open the rest of the land faster... likely because of course that Rise is/was having some difficulties that were causing delays.

So, Rise ride system issues take longer than they like + Blue Milk and Droid Depot could be ready sooner = Rise opens later, and let's move all these workers over to Smuggler's Run and get that open first.

My take anyway.

Yeah, while I haven’t been paying super close attention, I thought I had read they had a WiFi issue?

Editing this reply as to not spam the thread, but I did some digging on Magic and it sounds like it was a minor WiFi connectivity issue towards the end of the ride that caused the delay.

Last edited:
One can only hope they see people delaying bookings and actually open this when it is ready but I imagine the mouse at best does the only top end passes get to go early thing again and suckers idiots with money to higher teir passes. Once those reservations taper off then they open it to normies.

I think its really bold to have mentioned a hard date for Disneyland at all. Should of gone with a hard date for WDW and mention Disneyland shortly after.

You think they would want to see some significant reliability cycling in WDW first. They can't afford to botch this any further.. well yeah they can afford it haha

Why? Isn't it opening there only a few weeks later... and they've had the whole land and first ride months before WDW.

Because it should've opened in Disneyland first since they started construction first. Now it seems like they are focusing more people and resources on getting it open in DHS since the opening in California didn't go as planned.