Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

:freak:"Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance": Inside the new ride at Galaxy's Edge - CNN

Characters come to life in different ways. Bad guys such as Kylo Ren and General Hux appear as both projections and animatronics, but it may be hard to decipher which form is which. Disney partnered with Panasonic to develop custom-made projectors and lenses that took several years of development to achieve the right level of sharpness and depth.

The 65 animatronic figures throughout the ride present a different challenge — not to mention the complexity of three high-detailed humanoids known as the A1000 series.

:freak:

The lede on that article, probably not what Disney wanted to see.

DAMN! Lol..gotta get clicks!

The article sounds pretty promising, although nothing we haven't heard before for those that have read spoilers.

Last edited:
In a short 24 hours all the speculation will be old news. Looking forward to seeing what the reception is after the first media riders post their reports. But I will be more attentive to the comments coming from the general public during the days after, since their views are generally more accurate and realistic than the bloggers (with the exception of a few decent bloggers, mostly ours :)).

Last edited:
interesting that the article mentions it's an "18 minute" attraction. Why is this such an important factor?

Once again I'm assuming the 18 min clock starts once you enter the transport ship.

I agree just putting yourself in the same room as full scale ATATs is super cool. Especially since they seem to get used as something we dip and dodge underneath, that's exciting to me.

But you have to wonder how not even head movement was a stiff must have by the Imagineers, maybe a budget cut haha

But my logic leans towards why would ATATs be functional and moving within a Star Destroyer, its designed for ground assault :nana:
Looks like we are focusing on this being a docking bay room for ATATs

But Disney having moving heads and shooting in the promos doesnt help themselves haha

I agree just putting yourself in the same room as full scale ATATs is super cool. Especially since they seem to get used as something we dip and dodge underneath, that's exciting to me.

But you have to wonder how not even head movement was a stiff must have by the Imagineers, maybe a budget cut haha

But my logic leans towards why would ATATs be functional and moving within a Star Destroyer, its designed for ground assault :nana:
Looks like we are focusing on this being a docking bay room for ATATs

But Disney having moving heads and shooting in the promos doesnt help themselves haha

I don’t think the heads move in any of the promos but they do shoot.

So, this was just posted from a reliable source on Magic.....

This just in from WDW... (this is not going to go well tomorrow)

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

So, as expected tomorrow and Friday might be a disaster operations wise.

"We’ve been encountering downtime’s all day yesterday. It’s been taking 3-4 hours to get back up. Then when we get back up, it faults again.
We only had 2 perfect days last week. Also, yesterday Bob Chapeak, and Josh D, and other executives were at Rise and it kept going down. Main issue drops / lifts! They were filming a commercial on the attraction and the camera crew had to be evacuated. "

Yikes.

Also, I assume you mean Thursday, which is the grand opening, to be a disaster. Not tomorrow.

Although media is supposed to get rides tomorrow, so yea, that could be a disaster as well.

Yikes.

Also, I assume you mean Thursday, which is the grand opening, to be a disaster. Not tomorrow.

Although media is supposed to get rides tomorrow, so yea, that could be a disaster as well.
Oh ya, I thought it was Wednesday today, UGH. Long week here lol.

But ya, either way this sounds awful. Hoping the best for anyone working on this ride during the holidays.

Sounds like they've made little to no progress in the past two weeks.

Pray for them through the spring.