Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

That's also assuming both lifts are working, I would assume. If the rumor of only one of them work reliably is true, I have to wonder if that cuts down capacity even further

How do the lifts in this work?

It seems like there’s two vehicles running together from the B roll footage, does that mean that the two vehicles share a lift and one comes up while one goes down or does each vehicle have its own lift?

Sounds to me like it's the decision of an Executive on the hot seat. He may well be rolling the dice in the hopes it saves his job.
Yikes, may be true. Really was hoping for big, if not record breaking crowds for the Holidays whether it be at DHS or Disney as a whole probably which would look really good. This is Disney’s biggest expansion ever, you can’t miss.

Yikes, may be true. Really was hoping for big, if not record breaking crowds for the Holidays whether it be at DHS or Disney as a whole probably which would look really good. This is Disney’s biggest expansion ever, you can’t miss.
Don’t want to gloat, but this situation makes me really glad this opening up just an hour down the 5 freeway from me in SoCal. Trying to make a trip to see this would really frustrate me.

Marni just said (on Magic) that the Disney listed theoretical operational capacity when running perfectly is at 1700 per hour. And the posters that said there's issues are saying only a little over half of the vehicles are operating at this point in time. So, even if the opening goes without breakdowns, it sounds like capacity is going to be a low 900 to 1000 per hr. at opening.
*toots my math horn*

How do the lifts in this work?

It seems like there’s two vehicles running together from the B roll footage, does that mean that the two vehicles share a lift and one comes up while one goes down or does each vehicle have its own lift?
There are two elevators that work at same time to go up in the AT AT scene.

But unless I’m mistaken, there are technically 4 escape pods (going down) because the time spent in those is longer. The rumor is only one set of those is working, bringing the working ride capacity down by half as cars (still in sets of two) will have to be sent less often to compensate for the loss of half the escape pods.

On the bright side, if that 900-1000 rumor is true, they’re still better off than Flight of Passage was when it opened, and this one’s opening with no Fastpass.

It’s still not gonna be pretty, but as long as they can avoid a bunch of evacs it’ll be somewhat manageable.

There are two elevators that work at same time to go up in the AT AT scene.

But unless I’m mistaken, there are technically 4 escape pods (going down) because the time spent in those is longer. The rumor is only one set of those is working, bringing the working ride capacity down by half as cars (still in sets of two) will have to be sent less often to compensate for the loss of half the escape pods.

Good thing this isn't a real ship with malfunctioning escape pods. Maybe they can turn it into their favor...the dark side wins this time. It's like a choose your own adventure ride!

Decided to ask my friend who is in guest relations what they have heard on RotR.

The only thing they said is because their partner works at DHS, the partner has gotten to ride it. CMs have been riding for a few weeks. Partner said it was the best ride they’ve been on, better then Hagrids and they are both obsessed with Hagrids and loved that ride.

On the bright side, if that 900-1000 rumor is true, they’re still better off than Flight of Passage was when it opened, and this one’s opening with no Fastpass.

It’s still not gonna be pretty, but as long as they can avoid a bunch of evacs it’ll be somewhat manageable.
About 14 thousand a day with EMH in a park that fits that many people would be a disaster. People will not be as willing to skip this as flight of passage.

The most interesting thing on magic is that (if true) Chapek literally ordered the ride to open on December 5th, when it wasnt even ready until December 14th, at the absolute earliest. Like why? The ride truly does not sound like it is ready. YIKES. I truly wish them the best in the coming weeks/months or whatever. But man, could Chapek get the can for this if the opening here brings only more bad press? Seems like he really forced the decision to open early. The press doesn't seem to have tainted Hagrid's, but Disney coverage is a whole other animal so idk. We've already seen 1 fall for SWGE. I don't wish the man out of the job or anything either, for the record. But from an outside perspective it seems like a very poor choice on his part.

Disney is gonna come out of this smelling like roses regardless. Even with poor reliability.

Say worst case, it Evacs media on multiple rides, etc etc. The articles will say it’s having issues “but when it’s working it’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in my life and will make you a believer and blah blah”.

If it doesn’t evac it’ll also say it’s the best ever.

This is Disney’s chosen media folks we’re talking about. They’re being wined and dined currently and will trip all over themselves to gush about whatever product gets put out. Even if it’s a colossal disaster, it’ll still get amazing feedback with the only caveat being “give it a few weeks to work the kinks out” as if people were going to book a trip for Christmas at Disney this week.

Anyone who thinks Disney is going to have egg on their face is sorely mistaken. Deliver a quality product, own the media, then sit back and reep your rewards.

Disney is gonna come out of this smelling like roses regardless. Even with poor reliability.

Say worst case, it Evacs media on multiple rides, etc etc. The articles will say it’s having issues “but when it’s working it’s the most amazing thing I’ve ever seen in my life and will make you a believer and blah blah”.

This is Disney’s chosen media folks we’re talking about. They’re being wined and dined currently and will trip all over themselves to gush about whatever product gets put out. Even if it’s a colossal disaster, it’ll still get amazing feedback with the only caveat being “give it a few weeks to work the kinks out” as if people were going to book a trip for Christmas at Disney this week.

Anyone who thinks Disney is going to have egg on their face is sorely mistaken. Deliver a quality product, own the media, then sit back and reep your rewards.
I somehow doubt it. A headline of "Media Trapped on Flawed Attraction" is absolutely going to cause bad press and make people wary of visiting just to ride this. The jump from "Maybe it will stall" to "Maybe I will get injured" is very small and one people will make with sensationalized headlines. If the ride gets stuck and media gets to sit and stew for an hour to get rescued they will absolutely ruin the opening.

....and that's why, as I said, I'll pay way more to the attention to the general public remarks when they ride it....I still recall Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider, lauding Universal for creating Fast & Furious, which he proclaimed one of their best attractions ever.