Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

....and that's why, as I said, I'll pay way more to the attention to the general public remarks when they ride it....I still recall Robert Niles, Theme Park Insider, lauding Universal for creating Fast & Furious, which he proclaimed one of their best attractions ever.
You cannot be serious... I used to enjoy Robert but wow, I mean to each their own but one of their best? From an objective standpoint? I’m not sure. Might be one of his favorites, but he should frame it that way. I’ll have go back and read it

Wouldn’t it be hilarious if the ride worked just fine?
It'd be a bit of a relief, since I want to actually ride the thing.

I'd hate to have to have another Hagrid situation where the ride is technically open, but doesn't really work all that well and has taken months to figure out. That's what I am expecting here. I hope i'm wrong.

It'd be a bit of a relief, since I want to actually ride the thing.

I'd hate to have to have another Hagrid situation where the ride is technically open, but doesn't really work all that well and has taken months to figure out. That's what I am expecting here. I hope i'm wrong.

Almost at half a year of Hagrids not operating properly. I would hope if anything RotR will have its big kinks worked out within 1-2 months.

Maybe I’m being naive but if they were really having this many technical issues wouldn’t they have soft opened and pushed the grand opening date back? I mean I know they delayed it already but they could have just opened both coasts in January together and we’d never know the difference.

I’m sure there will be problems but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is being blown out of proportion. People get jittery around times like this, rumors snowball. I imagine with the level of press and ads I’ve been seeing that they believe opening day will go somewhat smoothly. I just can’t see them flipping a coin on Star Wars especially given the skepticism and controversy surrounding Galaxys Edge.

Of course now that I’ve written this the ride will go full Yeti tomorrow and become a museum.

Maybe I’m being naive but if they were really having this many technical issues wouldn’t they have soft opened and pushed the grand opening date back? I mean I know they delayed it already but they could have just opened both coasts in January together and we’d never know the difference.

I’m sure there will be problems but I wouldn’t be surprised if this is being blown out of proportion. People get jittery around times like this, rumors snowball. I imagine with the level of press and ads I’ve been seeing that they believe opening day will go somewhat smoothly. I just can’t see them flipping a coin on Star Wars especially given the skepticism and controversy surrounding Galaxys Edge.

Of course now that I’ve written this the ride will go full Yeti tomorrow and become a museum.
Besides having to reschedule media, and any guest stars, imagine all the people who booked with the "Dec 5th" prominently displayed on the ads, websites etc. There'd be quite a few cancellations, and Disney doesn't one to lose one. Now, people will be upset if the ride closes for technical difficulties, but they're probably be furious if they were told, sorry, we're actually not opening until January despite what the ad said.

I'm sure Thursday will go just fine, but I'm getting a little popcorn ready just in case.

SourWholeHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Besides having to reschedule media, and any guest stars, imagine all the people who booked with the "Dec 5th" prominently displayed on the ads, websites etc. There'd be quite a few cancellations, and Disney doesn't one to lose one. Now, people will be upset if the ride closes for technical difficulties, but they're probably be furious if they were told, sorry, we're actually not opening until January despite what the ad said.
Wel I mean more that if they had just announced they were both opening in January initially they would have all the leg room needed.

The December opening date wasn’t pulled out of thin air so they must have felt that was ample time to correct issues. I’m
sure they don’t mind delays on opening day in exchange for our dollars, but opening the ride for an hour and then having it go down for the rest of the day and then consistently not being open will be bad press and some (maybe not many) people will push their vacations back until its works.. or worse and more likely people will be disappointed in “Star Wars land” and say they’re never wasting their money on that again.

Im just saying the issues are only rumors until tomorrow and people seem ready/eager for this to fail. Of course I wouldn’t get within a hundred miles of opening day/week/month at a themepark even if the ride was working perfectly.

Wel I mean more that if they had just announced they were both opening in January initially they would have all the leg room needed.

The December opening date wasn’t pulled out of thin air so they must have felt that was ample time to correct issues. I’m
sure they don’t mind delays on opening day in exchange for our dollars, but opening the ride for an hour and then having it go down for the rest of the day and then consistently not being open will be bad press and some (maybe not many) people will push their vacations back until its works.. or worse and more likely people will be disappointed in “Star Wars land” and say they’re never wasting their money on that again.

Im just saying the issues are only rumors until tomorrow and people seem ready/eager for this to fail. Of course I wouldn’t get within a hundred miles of opening day/week/month at a themepark even if the ride was working perfectly.
WDW relies on tourists -- and Christmas is $$$$ for them. Disneyland, not so much -- most of the people are locals. So opening prior to the Christmas rush was a must for Disney to keep the hotel bookings up.

Media is gonna be in Galaxy's Edge this morning for Rise ahead of the ceremony later on tonight so media rides will likely be in order. What would be very telling is if media actually DOESN'T get to ride today.

Think I’m going on media black out, the holiday preview had more than enough footage. No reason to spoil the entire attraction.

The local news got previews last night and they are predictably raving about it.

They're also show A LOT of the ride in their reports on WESH.

IGN, Attractions, and Theme Park Shark all have psuedo POV's (with IGN's being an actual POV), that spoils everything in the main ride portion.

Technologically, it's a marvel in how this ride changes things per-car. But in that of itself is a potentially massive weakness..more-so in the terms of how technoloigcal it is. I can easily see why this thing might break down more often than not, especially if one thing falters.

One of my favorite little details from seeing the videos so-far, is actually the Finn AA's. And more-so in that, how they differentiate depending on what path the transport vehicles take.

EDIT: Attractions, ThrillGeek, and other groups are at DHS now, and getting the chance to properly ride the attraction.

Last edited: