Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

This ride is exactly what I have been waiting for Disney to do for so long. It looks absolutely incredible. Plenty of human sized AA’s with incredibly fluid movements, a narrative that makes sense, a sense of danger, and some thrill. After watching these POV’s, I cannot understand how some of you can sit behind a computer screen and critique the most minuscule of details after Imagineeers have worked for years to create and build this thing. What they’ve done is made the one of the most immersive attractions I’ve ever seen. The space screens all look like incredible quality and even the queue immerses you into the story. I can not wait to ride this thing in January.

Are we reading the same thread? But if you can’t critique behind a computer screen, how can you praise the same?

Excited to try this next visit. The iOS 13 upgrade borked my app.

I’m interested in seeing how they flesh out the Datapad activities. I enjoy the “allegiance” aspect to it, but haven’t noticed any of the in-land interactions they advertised. Hondo does recognize I’ve flown for him before though, which is fun.

I haven’t done the Falcon queue game, but the jobs throughout the land were cute, though repetitive. I can get things to light up or beep when I complete tasks, but it doesn’t feel like enough.

Hopefully this new task and future updates will help the land get closer to the level of interactivity they were initially aiming for.

Head's up... because the laser blasts are done with LEDs on rotating arms (like a single fan blade spinning) it's not being fully captured by video cameras/phones, likely due to frame rate differences.

So, it probably looks a heck of a lot better in person, although one car will get a better view of it than the other.

Head's up... because the laser blasts are done with LEDs on rotating arms (like a single fan blade spinning) it's not being fully captured by video cameras/phones, likely due to frame rate differences.

So, it probably looks a heck of a lot better in person, although one car will get a better view of it than the other.

Good observation.

I am excited for tomorrow, good thing I took a mini staycation and staying at the Contemporary. I'll be getting up early or no sleep at all. Not sure if I read it or not but what is the best time to get there, and what time is it opening tomorrow. Some SWGE cast members gave different times to me.

I may check in over the next couple weeks to see how the Ops are going here, but bowing out of this thread for now (if I can contain myself), just from the youtube POV I am happy to say this is my most anticipated attraction to ride this coming April (doing ALL of Orlando). I hope whoever is there this weeks gets a great ride in, as this truly seems to be a special attraction.

May the force be with you all!

Reaching out to a friend who’s ridden to see if there are any that didn’t show up on video. So far I haven’t seen anyone mention anything missing in the video.

Absolutely due to the camera frame rate. On a professional video camera, you should be able to adjust the shutter speed to capture the effect better. But that would require standing there and messing with the shutter adjustment until it reads correctly. And on a moving ride vehicle, that is nearly impossible.

I may check in over the next couple weeks to see how the Ops are going here, but bowing out of this thread for now (if I can contain myself), just from the youtube POV I am happy to say this is my most anticipated attraction to ride this coming April (doing ALL of Orlando). I hope whoever is there this weeks gets a great ride in, as this truly seems to be a special attraction.

May the force be with you all!

Nothing can top IG on my anticipation list. But if I ever get around to riding this, it has to come close.

I think the sets look incredible as well as I think this will make a lot of Star Wars fans who enjoy the new trilogy very very very very happy.

As people stated before nothing really is new in this ride but the combination is what really makes it pop and its a nice masterclass of taking things and piecing it together in a puzzle to make an satisfying attraction.

Avoiding all videos, but is the consensus that this is contender for best ride ever, or an outright winner?

I’ve got 5 months to go and I can’t wait