Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I like star wars, but something is so cheesy about that. Idk what it is, I wanna like it so bad :shrug:
Since lightsabers aren't "real", it automatically just makes it seem synthetic to the adult eye. Especially since the lightsabers are always out and lit. For kids, this is completely real and completely awesome and it's good enough to impress adults.

Best bet is to start using blowtorches to really grab an adult's attention, but you might lose some of the kids along the way...

Since lightsabers aren't "real", it automatically just makes it seem synthetic to the adult eye. Especially since the lightsabers are always out and lit. For kids, this is completely real and completely awesome and it's good enough to impress adults.

Best bet is to start using blowtorches to really grab an adult's attention, but you might lose some of the kids along the way...
No it's not the light sabers, I've seen some damn good battles. Its maybe just not intense enough mixed with the lighting or something. Idk but definitely better than nothing.

Great new low light level vid from Attractions.

I'm not seeing the infrastructure needed to make those laser blasts in the air. I think that's a tech just for the hotel.

I feel like I should resist piling on Bob Chapek...

... but I can’t.

I truly don’t understand why Disney insists on making him their frontman for events like this. This is really who you want leading (what is supposed to be) a hype-building moment? Bizarre to me.

This more. More this.

There is no reason (other than money, obviously) that Disney couldn’t whip up a nightly 10 - 15 minute mini-stunt show like this.

Pay the performers, and get it done. Because a version of this as a scheduled show would pretty cool.

Great new low light level vid from Attractions.

I'm not seeing the infrastructure needed to make those laser blasts in the air. I think that's a tech just for the hotel.

Huh? I’ve seen a photo of the laser effect LED thingy that spins. It’s on the ride.
Yes, the laser blasts can be seen in the scene near the beginning where the RVs pull up to the turbo lifts and the storm troopers start shooting at you as you back out.

Actually it's much better than the really bad mime routine in GESWL where she clumsily tries to repair the ship as Chewbacka looks on. That's so bad it made me laugh.
What would've been really cool (meaning adding a larger sense of believing the land is lived in) would've been if Rey and Chewie were to go on and off-stage by walking up the Falcon ramp.

Also, I know Rey is their girl and all, but if we HAVE to be stuck in one timeline, why isn't Finn or Poe there? What about old Luke? Force ghosts (holographic projections around the land as a part of the Play Disney Parks app), which would allow an entire slew of characters. Droids? Also, the Emperor is potentially on the table.

This is clearly a Batuu-specific gripe rather than anything about RotR, but there's so much that could be done to add to make the land feel alive - which in away is kinda nice to think about the land as a living, breathing organism. The hard work of building ways to simply add these characters or little stunt shows is all in place. It's just on them to do it.

What would've been really cool (meaning adding a larger sense of believing the land is lived in) would've been if Rey and Chewie were to go on and off-stage by walking up the Falcon ramp.

Also, I know Rey is their girl and all, but if we HAVE to be stuck in one timeline, why isn't Finn or Poe there? What about old Luke? Force ghosts (holographic projections around the land as a part of the Play Disney Parks app), which would allow an entire slew of characters. Droids? Also, the Emperor seems to be on the table.

This is clearly a Batuu-specific gripe rather than anything about RotR, but there's so much that could be done to add to make the land feel alive - which in away is kinda nice to think about the land as a living, breathing organism. The hard work of building ways to simply add these characters or little stunt shows is all in place. It's just on them to do it.
Yes, the biggest fail thus far is the lack of 'meaningful well produced' live shows and more and better Streetmosphere. As I said in my review, the few street characters try to blend in with the crowd to their detriment, namely you don't even realize they're there. These, and a music fix, are things that can easily be rectified and would elevate the liveliness of the land. That's the main stuff that's missing. The land is really close to being very good.

That ceremony should have been a lot better for such a ride, we got the x-wing balloons (I know they were drones), an this energy draining guy:

EK-1XoOXYAA1B2i

Maybe he's really a vampire?
What-We-Do-in-the-Shadows-Colin-Robinson.jpg

Already around 100 people in line from the walking path. I’m at the parking toll booths. They let us start lining up at the booths at 4, but still not ready for us to park.

Gonna be a fun day!

Also, I know Rey is their girl and all, but if we HAVE to be stuck in one timeline, why isn't Finn or Poe there? What about old Luke? Force ghosts (holographic projections around the land as a part of the Play Disney Parks app), which would allow an entire slew of characters. Droids? Also, the Emperor is potentially on the table.

The thing that just sends me is that they spent a billion dollars on it and thought cuts like these were not a necessity. The land is there everything else excluding the rides is not.

* forget everything I said :deadhorse:. But seeing rise just brought back all the hurt of this land not being what it's supposed to be. Thanks.

Last edited:
Definitely going to check in today and tomorrow and see how things are running. Hope everyone who is riding today has a wonderful time!