Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

In case there was any doubts, there’s definitely not a queue in the hangar right now. Reveal just as impressive as always. I’m sure sometimes it backs up, but definitely not a new procedure.

I haven’t been following super closely, was there a queue there before? I thought they let you walk around for about a minute then push you through to the next room. Do they now just push you through immediately? Sorry if this is a dated question

I haven’t been following super closely, was there a queue there before? I thought they let you walk around for about a minute then push you through to the next room. Do they now just push you through immediately? Sorry if this is a dated question
It was reported by a certain outlet that switch backs were added in there permanently. It was not true.

That Hangar room being relatively empty when your ship is boarded by the first order is surely pretty pivotal to the immersion of the story. It should be pretty straight forward for them to keep that as a big reveal by allowing guests a certain amount of time to walk around before getting them into the next room when they know another load of guests are incoming.

Sorry if its been asked already, but is there more capacity to be added to this attraction and what is the rough hourly guest numbers?

That Hangar room being relatively empty when your ship is boarded by the first order is surely pretty pivotal to the immersion of the story. It should be pretty straight forward for them to keep that as a big reveal by allowing guests a certain amount of time to walk around before getting them into the next room when they know another load of guests are incoming.

Sorry if its been asked already, but is there more capacity to be added to this attraction and what is the rough hourly guest numbers?
I believe Magic Insiders were saying that the theoretical capacity, when everything is running smooth, and all vehicles being used, is in the range of 1700 to 1800. I would imagine that there's no way to increase that using the parameters of the attraction experience. Reportedly, it's nowhere near that capacity level at present.

In what way is capacity currently decreased? Presumably there is only one shuttle pre-show and one hangar? Is there further show buildings once you move past the hangar that arent currently operational?

In what way is capacity currently decreased? Presumably there is only one shuttle pre-show and one hangar? Is there further show buildings once you move past the hangar that arent currently operational?

It’s the ride system that’s the bottle neck. The rest is good to go.

Is the Kylo just frozen in place, or does it go underground/another room for maintenance?
I’d guess the falling wall pieces remain down blocking the area. Kylo can remain or be removed depending on severity of repair. Just thinking out loud.

I mean it's better than nothing, I'm impressed they put the time into a solution that doesn't use a broken AA. Hopefully removing the AA and having a serviceable B Mode option means quicker maintenance to get the AA back up.

Alicia has a great round up of the new and well done effects in the attraction.

Top 10 Special Effects from Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – Orlando ParkStop

Also sorry to Alicia for saying there was no laser blast effects based on videos I saw, I did end up finding one that had a frame rate that matched the blasts plus she shows the effects in her article.
To be honest, those sticks rotate much slower than I was expecting. You can even kinda see them with the naked eye if you know where to look. Thanks for sharing! The video version in the article has more visuals including the sticks in motion.

and....drumroll................Theme Park Insider, announcing their 2019 year Theme Park Awards......names RotR the BEST NEW THEME PARK ATTRACTION 2019.

They can take this year off and just announce RotR California as the winner of the 2020 award ;)

Haven't been lucky enough to ride it yet, but looks like Disney has REALLY delivered. Whatever you think about the new movies I am much more interested in riding this than Hagrids and I'm a huge Potter fan :shrug:

They can take this year off and just announce RotR California as the winner of the 2020 award ;)

Haven't been lucky enough to ride it yet, but looks like Disney has REALLY delivered. Whatever you think about the new movies I am much more interested in riding this than Hagrids and I'm a huge Potter fan :shrug:
Both are excellent rides combining a lot of different tech, but they are really at opposite ends of the spectrum :)