Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

They can take this year off and just announce RotR California as the winner of the 2020 award ;)

Haven't been lucky enough to ride it yet, but looks like Disney has REALLY delivered. Whatever you think about the new movies I am much more interested in riding this than Hagrids and I'm a huge Potter fan :shrug:
RotR is jaw dropping on the first time through. With repeat rides the scale is less jaw dropping because you have already seen it. And the slowness of the RVs becomes more apparent.

Hagrid's is just stupid fun every time.

They can take this year off and just announce RotR California as the winner of the 2020 award ;)

Haven't been lucky enough to ride it yet, but looks like Disney has REALLY delivered. Whatever you think about the new movies I am much more interested in riding this than Hagrids and I'm a huge Potter fan :shrug:
Niles has already replied to that same question, TPI has a no clone rule for new attraction awards.

So apparently the Intersystem Transport Shuttle (preshow) is down and they are taking people straight into the hanger scene. This is bad show.

While I agree that this is bad show, I suppose that people would rather be able to ride the main ride despite the non-ITS portion. However, I would have thought that they would have a viable alternative, such as a stationary show room, to give you the transition instead simply walking through a backstage area.

Runaway Railway seems like a pretty solid chance to win it next year then. Unless Iron Gwazi is so good it takes home best new coaster AND Attraction. But even Hagrid couldn’t do that.
You may be right on that. Kind of depends if Mario in Japan ends up as good as expected and if it's able to get the minimum amount of ratings, which is tough for an out of USA attraction. Hagrid's ended up a close runner up to RotR, but not quite good enough.

You may be right on that. Kind of depends if Mario in Japan ends up as good as expected and if it's able to get the minimum amount of ratings, which is tough for an out of USA attraction. Hagrid's ended up a close runner up to RotR, but not quite good enough.
Ah, forgot about MK opening in Osaka this year as well.

So apparently the Intersystem Transport Shuttle (preshow) is down and they are taking people straight into the hanger scene. This is bad show.

This is the breakdown I was “waiting” for. We now know there’s no “B-mode” for the shuttle. And what happens if it becomes a long term breakdown?

Agreed. Rise relies on the experience of it all. If any major part of the experience is down, close it off until it's back up. It's cheating the GP of wonderful first-time moments.

RotR continued it's winning ways in Theme Park Insiders 2020 (Year 2019) Theme Park Awards as it was named Best Attraction in 2019. Disney attractions won 6 of the Top Ten attraction spots, Universal 3, & Cedar Point 1. Interestingly, only one theme park had more than one winner....and that was Islands of adventure with three of the Top Ten Attractions (Hagrids, Spidey, FJ, in that order)

Last edited:
RotR continued it's winning ways in Theme Park Insiders 2020 (Year 2019) Theme Park Awards as it was named Best Attraction in 2019. Disney attractions won 6 of the Top Ten attraction spots, Universal 3, & Cedar Point 1. Interestingly, only one theme park had more than one winner....and that was Islands of adventure with three of the Top Ten Attractions (Hagrids, Spidey, FJ, in that order)
I guess Islands is a triple threat: singing, dancing, and acting

Question for anyone who has ridden ROTR. Once you enter the park and 7 rolls around to get into a boarding group, if you are lucky enough to get into one, is that reservation just for you? Or can you bring a significant other on the ride with you? Does everyone need their own boarding group regardless if you are together? Sorry if this question has been answered already.

Question for anyone who has ridden ROTR. Once you enter the park and 7 rolls around to get into a boarding group, if you are lucky enough to get into one, is that reservation just for you? Or can you bring a significant other on the ride with you? Does everyone need their own boarding group regardless if you are together? Sorry if this question has been answered already.
When making your boarding group reservation you can add any of the members of your party that are connected to your Disney app/account. Same as making a FastPass, as long as their tickets are connected, they can be added.

Everyone that wants to ride must be part of a boarding group, whether added by you when you reserved yours, or when they reserved a pass through their own app/account.

When making your boarding group reservation you can add any of the members of your party that are connected to your Disney app/account. Same as making a FastPass, as long as their tickets are connected, they can be added.

Everyone that wants to ride must be part of a boarding group, whether added by you when you reserved yours, or when they reserved a pass through their own app/account.

Perfect, thank you for the help. I won't be going until probably September so I have some time. Everything could change by then anyway so we'll see. But thank you anyway.