Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

Orlando Parks News reported boarding passes closed at 9:57 AM today.
Capacity must be up if boarding passes are staying up for 3 hours after park open now. Big improvement over the passes going within minutes last week.

Of course holiday crowds are gone, so that’s helping too.

Capacity must be up if boarding passes are staying up for 3 hours after park open now. Big improvement over the passes going within minutes last week.

I think that’s including backup passes, and when we heard they were gone within a few minutes that was regular boarding passes. But I could be mistaken.

Today was also a race day. A lot of on property folks were busy doing that today.

When making your boarding group reservation you can add any of the members of your party that are connected to your Disney app/account. Same as making a FastPass, as long as their tickets are connected, they can be added.

Everyone that wants to ride must be part of a boarding group, whether added by you when you reserved yours, or when they reserved a pass through their own app/account.

Do the members connected to your party have to be inside the park with you to add them to your BG when reserving?

Wait, the park has been opening at 7?

I had assumed that the park had been opening at 9, I thought an hour after opening was good progress.

Got to the park at about 5:50am this morning in hopes of snagging a boarding pass, and we were successful. We got boarding group 24, but the attraction broke down twice while our group was called but before we could get to the ride. Still, they did eventually get it up long enough for me to get to experience this.

I only got to ride it once, obviously, so I don’t want to jump to any conclusions without mulling it over some more. So my measured take: it’s a ride (and overall experience) packed with legitimate WOW! moments, I think it’s certainly a Top 5 WDW ride (possibly Top 5 in Orlando altogether). The Star Destroyer corridors gave me serious “Nostromo in The Great Movie Ride” flashbacks (in the best way), and I think it balanced the “actually in front of you” with the “projected media” fairly well. I do wish the finale didn’t turn the thing into a scene that could have been out of Star Tours or Smuggler’s Run, but that’s really only the last 30 seconds.

I came off with a big smile on my face, and a desire to immediately ride it again, which, unfortunately, will probably have to wait until fall of next year!

I’ve been wondering something for a while and haven’t been able to find an answer, so wondering if anyone here has any insights.

As far as I have read online, Galaxy’s Edge is set between the events of The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker.

*LIGHT SPOILERS FOR RISE OF SKYWALKER*

However, if this is true then how come Kylo Ren has his helmet intact, which isn’t repaired until The Rise Of Skywalker. And from what I can tell from video footage, the one depicted on the ride is the version pre-repair (without all the red weld lines).

I can understand that it made Disney’s job easier, as it’s much simpler to put a helmet on an animatronic rather than make a realistic looking face - but from the way I see it, this greatly messes with the chronology of the land and the canon.

I’ve been wondering something for a while and haven’t been able to find an answer, so wondering if anyone here has any insights.

As far as I have read online, Galaxy’s Edge is set between the events of The Last Jedi and The Rise Of Skywalker.

*LIGHT SPOILERS FOR RISE OF SKYWALKER*

However, if this is true then how come Kylo Ren has his helmet intact, which isn’t repaired until The Rise Of Skywalker. And from what I can tell from video footage, the one depicted on the ride is the version pre-repair (without all the red weld lines).

I can understand that it made Disney’s job easier, as it’s much simpler to put a helmet on an animatronic rather than make a realistic looking face - but from the way I see it, this greatly messes with the chronology of the land and the canon.
Galaxy's edge opened before the Rise of Skywalker. I am sure they kept the intact Ren helmet as to not spoil anything in the new movie.

Galaxy's edge opened before the Rise of Skywalker. I am sure they kept the intact Ren helmet as to not spoil anything in the new movie.
But Kylo Ren destroyed his own helmet in The Last Jedi, and therefore in the time period in which Rise Of The Resistance is set (after The Last Jedi) the helmet is still smashed.

I’m sure there is no logical way to explain it, but I must admit it’s a little frustrating when such painstaking detail has been considered elsewhere.

But Kylo Ren destroyed his own helmet in The Last Jedi, and therefore in the time period in which Rise Of The Resistance is set (after The Last Jedi) the helmet is still smashed.

I’m sure there is no logical way to explain it, but I must admit it’s a little frustrating when such painstaking detail has been considered elsewhere.
Because an AA Kylo with a face would have been cringy

Adam Driver would probably laugh and spit in Disney's face if they asked to make an AA of him. He doesn't even like watching his own movies, he would NEVER allow a robot of himself to exist.