Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DHS)

I mean, if I had to describe the ride system in the most dumbed down way, that’s essentially what it is :lol:

Of course it's reductive! I think we're getting a little Rise backlash right now, sorta like when everyone complained Gringotts wasn't enough of a coaster. I bet after this summer things will settle back down.

Of course it's reductive! I think we're getting a little Rise backlash right now, sorta like when everyone complained Gringotts wasn't enough of a coaster. I bet after this summer things will settle back down.
I'm curious if Rise gets better or worse over time...In my opinion, that's the true test of a ride's impact

Gringotts is a prime example of a ride that I enjoy much more now than I did the first time I rode it

This happened with FOP too. First couple of months nearly every comment was 'greatest ride ever'. After a few months, re-rides, and the GP instead of just mainly bloggers, the comments generally dropped down to 'best simulator, but just top five or top ten Disney'. Now, that's what I see the most, not too many 'greatest ride ever' comments anymore. Sometimes it takes a while for the field to level and go beyond fascination with the newness of an attraction. And @shiekra38 comment ''gets better or worse over time...in my opinion that's the true test of a ride's impact" is so right on...One reason I don't like to do a full review of an attraction unless I ride it a lot. It's going to be tough to get a real read on RotR since there's really not that many, short of the bloggers and AP holders that are almost living at the park, that are going to get lot's of rides in for a while.....Gringott's was kind of the opposite. It got blasted with tons of bad reviews when it opened. But after 3 or 4 months the reviews got pretty good. And now it's quite popular, with USF's longest daily lines even though it has very high capacity, except for the crowd that hates anything with a screen.

Last edited:
I'm curious if Rise gets better or worse over time...In my opinion, that's the true test of a ride's impact

Gringotts is a prime example of a ride that I enjoy much more now than I did the first time I rode it
I don't think RotR is going to fair to well in regards to repeat rides. So much of it's "WOW Factor" comes from the massive scale of some of it's elements. Unfortunately, that kind of "WOW Factor" looses it's punch after a few rides.

I used to marvel at the giant chandelier in the middle of Gringott's lobby. Now I barely notice it.

I don't think RotR is going to fair to well in regards to repeat rides. So much of it's "WOW Factor" comes from the massive scale of some of it's elements. Unfortunately, that kind of "WOW Factor" looses it's punch after a few rides.

I used to marvel at the giant chandelier in the middle of Gringott's lobby. Now I barely notice it.
good point. I love the Gringotts queue & ptreshows, but if I don't have Express, I'll do Single Rider which bypasses everything and goes straight to the ride, which is probably, along with SpiderMan, my favorite for lots of rerides when on vacation. I think FJ is a better ride, but I rarely do it more than once or twice a day. Gringott's I never tire of, and it doesn't wear you out physically like FJ or Hagrid's.

Sorta-repeat of what I said in another thread, but I'm glad the chase isn't super thrilling. It means my Dad can actually ride it, instead of missing out like a number of faster attractions.

This is something to keep in mind as a fan of the parks. Less intense attractions need to exist

And to branch off this...someone will say "yeah but this is Star Wars...it needs to be intense".

Just because the movies are, doesn't mean the rides need to be (ala Navi River Journey). Fans want the rides to reflect a film, but plenty of people can enjoy intense movies without being able to go on an intense ride (for medical conditions or otherwise).

We want the newest E-ticket to be intense because for a majority of the people on the forum, that means better. But, I think Disney played this as smart as possible. Their mentality was "we need to make it applicable for everyone, so instead of defining the attraction by thills, we will use immersion as the barometer." And in that area, I think most can agree it takes home the gold bar none.

And to branch off this...someone will say "yeah but this is Star Wars...it needs to be intense".
I don't know, that just doesn't sound like Star Wars Fans or DisTwitter demanding something be a certain way based of an imaginary notion of what something should be

Just really out of character for them

I don't think people want the ride to be "intense". More so that the ride portion convey the sense of urgency that would be normal when trying to escape space Nazis.
I don't know, that just doesn't sound like Star Wars Fans or DisTwitter demanding something be a certain way based of an imaginary notion of what something should be

Just really out of character for them

If you want it to be more urgent, that means more intense most likely...whether the vehicles whip you around more, or the speed of the ride is faster.

I hear what you're saying, maybe fans aren't chomping at the bit for a super intense experience (ala Forbidden Journey), but I think that Star Wars is such a beloved property that you're not going to please everyone.

I posted this on the DL thread, but I thought I'd post it here, too, since it seems that the East Coast gets way more views.

"I know a ton of tips/tricks exists on getting boarding groups for this ride, but I haven't seen any mention if they're using a jailbroken iPhone. My question is has anyone successfully used a jailbroken iPhone to secure a boarding group? I know some apps do a jailbreak test and if it's positive, it'll prevent the app from working properly or at all. For instance, I had a jailbroken iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10 last year in June before I visited GE and before my trip, the app wouldn't even work because I was on an unsupported iOS version. This forced me to upgrade to iOS 12 and lose my jailbreak in order for the app to work. I now have an iPhone 11 and with the recent jailbreak available for A13 chipped devices, I wonder if there's been any issues with jailbroken A13 iPhones or any other jailbroken iPhones getting boarding groups.

Perhaps those with Android phones might have the same question if their device is rooted."

Not downplaying what's currently going on around the world, but trying to have some regular theme park discussion to take my mind off everything...

Assuming the ride is not currently running and no cast members/technicians are working on it, what kind of effect with this have on the ride system when everything is back to normal? Will this set the ride back even further or will the downtime actually be beneficial?

Not downplaying what's currently going on around the world, but trying to have some regular theme park discussion to take my mind off everything...

Assuming the ride is not currently running and no cast members/technicians are working on it, what kind of effect with this have on the ride system when everything is back to normal? Will this set the ride back even further or will the downtime actually be beneficial?
It would make sense to have a crew working to fix the issues. But I haven't seen anything saying a yes or no on that. Seems you'd only need a few engineers and techs to work on the problems.

I would think that some maintenance is going on in small groups. I wouldn't be surprised if the ride opens with Stand-by when the park reopens, considering the small crowds that I expect once things reopen.

With Trumps 'by Easter' statements today, Dave's @Disneyhead guess at a mid April reopening might not be that outrageous after all.
I still highly doubt it, considering New York isn't even expected to hit it's peak until the beginning of May. New York is just the beginning of all of this, meaning the rest of the country will trickle behind them with each state's individual peak after that. The "by Easter" was him saying that's what he would "hope" for too, so the goalposts can still be moved.