State of USH - What's Next? | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, I am once again shouting it to people: I really think you are setting your expectations too high for what comes next at USH. The focus should be on reinforcing and fixing things that the park needs, not extending it and making it massive in space for now. They still have options to go at (Parisian Courtyard, SS16-24/Rehearsal Hall) and will need to tackle the element of Springfield USA when it's time comes.
bored will ferrell GIF by The Academy Awards

Reactions: imaleo
That hotel is going to be a boon for LA 2028.

There's a reason why I keep talking about P515, even regardless for the investment it'll bring and how it's gonna be a massive help for LA2028 (especially due to IOC Broadcasting is concerned).

P515 is probably going to be the redefining moment that makes USH stand out in a lot of ways. A lot for the better, a good bit for the worse. It is probably the project that I genuinely think people need to look at, especially if it impacts how you experience USH on a fundamental level, even if it is the boring answer to have.

And even if it's the most boring answer--there's a lot of stuff that's going to have to be moved around and changed that's going to affect USH as a property.

1. Shuttle/Bus Transportations = This is more affected with Front Gate Parking, but I would be looking at how they not only re-route buses that'd be parked and stored near the front, but additionally the USH Shuttle that goes up and down the mountain
  2. Security = Depending on how things are positioned, this feels like a larger issue than what could be present, so I guess we'll see if/when we see conceptuals officially (or when work occurs)
  3. The Hilton/Sheraton Connection next to King Kong lot = This is the one that I genuinely wonder here. Given how much NBCUniversal fought to block the Hilton expansion, I wonder if they'll cut off the bridge that is next to King Kong lot.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael S and Nico
Also, I am once again shouting it to people: I really think you are setting your expectations too high for what comes next at USH. The focus should be on reinforcing and fixing things that the park needs, not extending it and making it massive in space for now. They still have options to go at (Parisian Courtyard, SS16-24/Rehearsal Hall) and will need to tackle the element of Springfield USA when it's time comes.

I genuinely can't see a major expansion happening anytime soon, outside of P515 (which is moving forward and should be getting work started by the end of this year or the beginning of next year.
People never saw a rollercoaster coming to USH, but a rollercoaster is going to get built. Its something most never thought would come to the park. Plus, with the hotel im guessing universal is really trying to expand. Expansions could start happening by 2028ish is my guess.

It may be “boring” but this post hits the nail on the head. I’ve mentioned on here a few times that some stages are going away for theme park expansion, but let’s not forget how long it took between the demolition of stage 28 and the addition of SNW.

As we’ve seen with what is happening at the park right now (F&F addition, New York facade overhaul and the potential new hotel) they are focusing on what’s within their current footprint, and how best to utilize that. Expansion is on the horizon, and we’re all dying for it, but it’s not what’s coming soon, and I’d argue it shouldn’t. A stellar expansion has a much greater impact on a park that is already well balanced, and as evident with nintendo crowds, it can shift the balance too far in a park that isn’t.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
People never saw a rollercoaster coming to USH, but a rollercoaster is going to get built. Its something most never thought would come to the park. Plus, with the hotel im guessing universal is really trying to expand. Expansions could start happening by 2028ish is my guess.

I genuinely am saying, the project to watch right now is not a park expansion. Michael hit it dead on the nail--as there are bigger things at the matter of hand that deserve the precedent of the moment, especially with how much is probably going to be spent on just F&F and P515 alone.

I genuinely am saying, the project to watch right now is not a park expansion. Michael hit it dead on the nail--as there are bigger things at the matter of hand that deserve the precedent of the moment, especially with how much is probably going to be spent on just F&F and P515 alone.
Yes i know, im am just saying expansions could happen after the olympics, which is in 5 years. Universal still has some time.

Yes i know, im am just saying expansions could happen after the olympics, which is in 5 years. Universal still has some time.

And you might be right! But I would like to once again bring up: Simpson's contract ends in 2028, and it is going to create a turd-stirring issue if/when (emphasis on when) the rights lapse, and how Universal has to then figure out how to quickly transition the land without closing a vast majority of it.

Once again, kind of squashing the idea that they might look for expansion until the 2030's at earliest.

And you might be right! But I would like to once again bring up: Simpson's contract ends in 2028, and it is going to create a turd-stirring issue if/when (emphasis on when) the rights lapse, and how Universal has to then figure out how to quickly transition the land without closing a vast majority of it.

Once again, kind of squashing the idea that they might look for expansion until the 2030's at earliest.
If Simpsons were to close, I could see that happening in 2026 so that they could have a new attraction to market alongside the Olympics. FFB would have to stay but be rethemed as that is attached to The Three Broomsticks kitchen. I don't see FFB taking that long to reskin, maybe a couple months tops if that.

If Simpsons were to close, I could see that happening in 2026 so that they could have a new attraction to market alongside the Olympics. FFB would have to stay but be rethemed as that is attached to The Three Broomsticks kitchen. I don't see FFB taking that long to reskin, maybe a couple months tops if that.

If SpringField USA was to go before the 2028 end of line, I would have to think they would've been making the moves -now-, not in 2026 (due to SpringField USA's initial opening for USF being in 2013 with the FFB/Kang & Kodos over there).

As we have seen with the Marvel contract: USJ is seemingly holding up to keeping Spider-Man open until the end of that date. As for why would SpringField USA USF be an important aspect?

Quite simply--because that was when the last major attraction based off of The Simpsons opened at USF, 5 years past the intial openings of both coasts.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
How long was the second Evolution plan supposed to run for? I ask because that included removing the stages behind The Mummy/Next to Transformers for Theme Park Expansion.

I get and agree with the points about the Hotel and rounding out the current footprint, and plans change, but they clearly earmarked those stages for expansion, and they have built multiple stages elsewhere on property.

I'm also 50/50 about Simpsons going, I could see the contract being extended unless that building needs to come down for structural reasons.

Reactions: imaleo
It feels like a natural thing to come back.

Hell I'd take the bowling alley coming back if it meant they had a semblance of a nightlife again, it feels like the biggest issue USH has outside of the lack of sit-down shows. Hoping they can remedy both of those before LA2028.
There used to be a bowling Alley in CityWalk? I'm honestly curious to where, cause if it were still there, I'd definitely would have considered making stops there after a day at the theme park.

I almost wonder--could a new security overhaul to have separate stations for all the parking lots and drop-off points at CityWalk help the situation?

Have to think it'd make sense that Security would likely be affected by some way or shape of the upcoming hotel project; especially given it's close vicnity to the globe from permit filings found by @salismetho; that they could be looking at modernizing the process.
Not sure how accurate this is, but I did hear they are thinking of moving the security to the parking garages like how disney has it. If they did that would be nice, it would take away the annoying process that it is currently.

Not sure how accurate this is, but I did hear they are thinking of moving the security to the parking garages like how disney has it. If they did that would be nice, it would take away the annoying process that it is currently.

The idea of moving it to the parking garages and shuttle drop off/pick ups is probably the most ideal scenario; especially as it'd clear up the hub nicely once again alongside fixing how things are routed.

Hopefully things turn out! I do know they've been getting a new security team, so maybe that could be something they're gearing up to debut before the Holidays.

Makes sense, especially ahead of Hotel construction.

Interesting, I've heard otherwise because USH has so many entry points. The 4 garages, the drop-off zone by Buca, the taxi area by billabong, the shuttle drop off by Dodgers Clubhouse, drop off zone by Universal fountain, and probably a few more I'm missing. Jurassic Parking also has multiple levels and two entry points that can enter CityWalk (escalators by NBC sports grill and by Toothsome.) Seems like a lot more staffing would be required especially in the evenings when things die down, you still have to staff all those entrances rather than a few staff at the park entrance. Then there's the space issue, where are they going to place these security detectors and tables without blocking the current walkways and having enough detectors/staff to get guests through efficiently without having a long line. Orlando has 3 entry ways if I'm correct, the garage walkway, valet, and street. DLR also has two so it also makes it easier.

Interesting, I've heard otherwise because USH has so many entry points. The 4 garages, the drop-off zone by Buca, the taxi area by billabong, the shuttle drop off by Dodgers Clubhouse, drop off zone by Universal fountain, and probably a few more I'm missing. Jurassic Parking also has multiple levels and two entry points that can enter CityWalk (escalators by NBC sports grill and by Toothsome.) Seems like a lot more staffing would be required especially in the evenings when things die down, you still have to staff all those entrances rather than a few staff at the park entrance. Then there's the space issue, where are they going to place these security detectors and tables without blocking the current walkways and having enough detectors/staff to get guests through efficiently without having a long line. Orlando has 3 entry ways if I'm correct, the garage walkway, valet, and street. DLR also has two so it also makes it easier.

Assuming they are going to have to displace elements, couldn't they cut off some of the additional access points, and redirect them to designated areas? Buca I could see how you'd be able to do that, so long as you'd connect it with ET's, and then you could have the area where the Front Gate Parking and Shuttle pickups go to either the corridor next to Johnny Rockets and Grill Brew or ANGL and Dodger's Clubhouse.

It'd be a lot, do not get me wrong, but some solution would have to be present if they were to be doing this--especially if that front gate security is demolished as part of the process. And most of the structures I can see how you'd be able to do it (the only one that I think could be a genuine problem, is Jurassic due to how they have to handle both the Ride-Sharing, UBER, LYFT and Taxi element ontop of the parking structure itself.

Reactions: BriefCasey