State of USH - What's Next? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

State of USH - What's Next?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interesting, I've heard otherwise because USH has so many entry points. The 4 garages, the drop-off zone by Buca, the taxi area by billabong, the shuttle drop off by Dodgers Clubhouse, drop off zone by Universal fountain, and probably a few more I'm missing. Jurassic Parking also has multiple levels and two entry points that can enter CityWalk (escalators by NBC sports grill and by Toothsome.) Seems like a lot more staffing would be required especially in the evenings when things die down, you still have to staff all those entrances rather than a few staff at the park entrance. Then there's the space issue, where are they going to place these security detectors and tables without blocking the current walkways and having enough detectors/staff to get guests through efficiently without having a long line. Orlando has 3 entry ways if I'm correct, the garage walkway, valet, and street. DLR also has two so it also makes it easier.

I agree with all these... USH has way, way more entry points that Orlando does. And doesn't Curious George parking have an upper level access? Not to mention the pedestrian entrances coming up from Lankershim/Metro area, that's at least two more areas (one by the fountain/part exit, and one from the bridge) that would be difficult to just shut off without creating either logistical nightmares, huge security line back ups, really ugly barriers, or all the above.

That said, when Citywalk first opened up after Covid, they did move security to the parking garages, and they did cut off some access points. At the same time, the crowds were decidedly a lot fewer, so whether that same plan could work scaled up to the crowds of now, I have my doubts.

I agree with all these... USH has way, way more entry points that Orlando does. And doesn't Curious George parking have an upper level access? Not to mention the pedestrian entrances coming up from Lankershim/Metro area, that's at least two more areas (one by the fountain/part exit, and one from the bridge) that would be difficult to just shut off without creating either logistical nightmares, huge security line back ups, really ugly barriers, or all the above.

That said, when Citywalk first opened up after Covid, they did move security to the parking garages, and they did cut off some access points. At the same time, the crowds were decidedly a lot fewer, so whether that same plan could work scaled up to the crowds of now, I have my doubts.

Those security points were ugly and unpleasant. We do not want them back.

About this hotel, is there only going to be one built? Ive heard rumors about two, not sure tho.

Possibly, we could get another hotel a couple years after P515 opens.

Maybe--but there isn't much space as much as some people may believe (especially considering how close Hollywood Drift is to Fum Lungs and the Creative Campus).

I almost kind of wonder if they could buy hotel land just for the sake of development purposes, like how Universal did the same with Wet 'n Wild and it's respective parking lot in Orlando (but that feels like a trickier thing to do given zoning and the area USH resides itself, unlike USJ).

Doesn't Universal Orlando tend to open hotels around the same time as major additions? It would make sense to open a new ride in the same year as the hotel. Could it be done in time for Hollywood Drift?
What if the hotel was it's own major addition?

Reactions: Nico
I almost kind of wonder if they could buy hotel land just for the sake of development purposes, like how Universal did the same with Wet 'n Wild and it's respective parking lot in Orlando (but that feels like a trickier thing to do given zoning and the area USH resides itself, unlike USJ).
If USH is that deperate for more hotels, they could potentially.

And thats the thing, USH is really limited due to its location. UOR, USJ, UBR all don’t have as much limitations compared to USH. They were all planned out and thought of unlike USH. It just naturally grew into a theme park.

If USH is that deperate for more hotels, they could potentially.

And thats the thing, USH is really limited due to its location. UOR, USJ, UBR all don’t have as much limitations compared to USH. They were all planned out and thought of unlike USH. It just naturally grew into a theme park.

And to me, if they were going to assimilate hotels in the area, or use their land for some kind of development: BLVD's hotel location directly outside in Studio City feels like an optimal place if they're looking at an option to renovate and have some form of a quick-get cheap alternative.

Because, there is no way any on-site hotel next to the park like what @ethanuniversal alluded too in locationals, is going to be a moderate or a value. It is going to be a Helios type premium hotel befitting of it's placement.

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael S
In the Evolution plan they have approvals for two 500 room hotels. Page 4 on the plan.
https://cao.lacity.org/oea/RFB/NBC Universal Evolution Plan -- Municipal Services Plan.pdf

And a fair point, but I am just simply bringing up if they would've had the permits for a second hotel; it would've been made clear much sooner when you looked into the matter and found what you got.

Doesn't mean they won't, as you brought up with the site plan, they have a few options, but much like with all things Evolution Plan: all things are subjective to change and Evolve [ba dum tish] as their priorities and focus shifts.

For now, as @Tomfoolery spoke: it is simply the one for now.
__
I will also take the line in the sand and ask, what if they looked at the COVID security methods for the parking structures, and used it as the base for how they'd tackle a CityWalk operational change? Not necessarily in how they were unpleasant, but with similar tactics and methods used.

Evolution and Revolution would be good names for a pair of hotels, or a pair of Pokémon games.

So you just leaked the new Pokémon Games coming tomorrow huh? /s ;)

I can almost kind of see how you'd be able to thematically separate the two too, especially if one was ultra modern/high tech (Evolution) with the former Classical and European based (Revolution).

Either that, or I am just recalling the plot of Scarlet/Violet right now. Who's to say.
__
Admittedly, I am wondering what is going to happen to the space that isn't being used for the food storage venues being built on the ET Overflow lot. If they're gonna make that area specifcally for the park, TM parking structure of some kind would be a banger choice. Despite the distance (which I'd argue could be settled with shuttles), it would be nice to see them get a specific parking structure.

1691464516260.png

(Aerial's from July 10th)

Last edited:
200 day tickets for USH coming up

But seriously I wonder what proves will go up after that passes, express, food, tickets, all of them?