Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
LA Eater has a big article on Toadstool Cafe with lots of pictures, and posts the full menu at the end.

The food looks genuinely excellent. Really hope it doesn't get dumbed down over the next few years. Great writeup.

Even as someone who isn’t really interested in the menu (though the meatballs and spaghetti looks good) this place still looks cool. Looks like the kind of place that’ll be really neat to sit in with the person/people I go with while they eat just to appreciate all the little details!

Reactions: Clive
Interesting, there are indeed menu differences compared to Japan including changed or completely different dishes. Notably, USH does not have the Peach’s Cake.

Btw, Japan doesn’t allow you to “hold the mushroom”. Believe me I tried! Although refusing custom orders is par the course for Japan.

Even as someone who isn’t really interested in the menu (though the meatballs and spaghetti looks good) this place still looks cool. Looks like the kind of place that’ll be really neat to sit in with the person/people I go with while they eat just to appreciate all the little details!
I'm not a big fan of most of the parks food but kinda wish more of Universal restaurants were themed like this. Like when you could eat here or HP restaurant why would you choose it over the bare bones theming of Jurassic/the Mexican restaurant in the middle of the park.

Also never got why we didn't get the Jurassic Restaurant redone like this, you put TV's on the walls so you can see Dinosaurs. Its simple but adds to the theme of your restaurant and theme park for pretty minimum effort
Interesting, there are indeed menu differences compared to Japan including changed or completely different dishes. Notably, USH does not have the Peach’s Cake.

Btw, Japan doesn’t allow you to “hold the mushroom”. Believe me I tried! Although refusing custom orders is par the course for Japan.
So if you have allergies they just tell you no can't have X item because we want to just make it the same way we always do?

Reactions: alias8703
So if you have allergies they just tell you no can't have X item because we want to just make it the same way we always do?
They often ask me if it’s an allergy thing and in my case I always say no, it’s just that I’m a picky eater. Maybe they would try a bit harder to find a solution otherwise.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Y’all are hating on the mushrooms too much lol I know a lot of people are not gonna want the mushrooms, but c’mon, they’re actually pretty good on burgers! Plus they’re really good for you! I challenge you all to get mushrooms in your burger next time you go to the Habit!!

So the menu looks good! I’m glad it’s a step above your normal theme park fare of burgers and pizza. I’m really interested in the short rib. The Mario Burger looks better than the ones they serve at Krusty’s and Mel’s. Spaghetti and Meatballs also look really good! The garlic Knotts look delicious with all of that Parmesan on top. That mushroom soup looks like it will hit the spot on a cold day. The one desert that sticks out to me is the tiramisu block. I’m not much of a cake or cupcake person but I may want to try out that flagpole cake.

The only places I will eat at USH are the taco truck at Springfield and Jurassic Cafe. I would even eat at the Panda Express by Transformers before eating at Krusty’s or the other food places. Everyplace else at the park has some pretty mid food. Glad to see that probably won’t be the case here. Now they just need to stick to the menu.

Oh and please give us those Koopa Shell calzones.

Reactions: ParkExplorer9513