Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 212 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Do we know how the reservation system will work yet? I plan on visiting sometime in march solely for Nintendo land and would hate to miss it!
If it’s anything like what Disney did with Galaxy’s Edge, they’ll potentially open up reservations about a month in advance and that will probably cover them through April or May, unless the crowds taper off faster than that. I’m excited to find out!

So if I already have a ticket for USH at end of Feb I'm going to need to book a reservation for SNW in Jan?
I was hoping it would just be in softs to keep the crowds down.

Email says "Explore Super Nintendo World before it opens at the Pass Member Preview"

The fine print says we will have to RSVP

I haven't received the email yet, but I imagine it will be like DreamWorks Theatre and Hello Kitty Store passholder previews. Click on a link, enter your pass number and select date/time. I just hope it won't be like trying to get Taylor Swift tickets. Same for timed entry to the land. I hope it's not going to be another RotR BG situation.

Interesting to note that pass prices are still the same. Will they hike it up later?

Reactions: alias8703
If it’s anything like what Disney did with Galaxy’s Edge, they’ll potentially open up reservations about a month in advance and that will probably cover them through April or May, unless the crowds taper off faster than that. I’m excited to find out!
So would I need to buy my park ticket in advance?

I haven't received the email yet, but I imagine it will be like DreamWorks Theatre and Hello Kitty Store passholder previews. Click on a link, enter your pass number and select date/time. I just hope it won't be like trying to get Taylor Swift tickets. Same for timed entry to the land. I hope it's not going to be another RotR BG situation.

Interesting to note that pass prices are still the same. Will they hike it up later?

Honestly I don't think they'll have to nor do i think even with mario this park is worth more than what they're charging, there just isn't enough to do. As many have mentioned, they learned from the Potter hike. Universal AP's seem to buy things and judging from how well even the new snack stand is going, I think they'll get money on return visits for sure.

How do pets and potter do reservations? I went earlier this year and just walked on pets and Potter with no issues

Pets uses a virtual queue time that you reserve in app while on property or at a kiosk. Not sure about Potter opening at Hollywood, I just remember being in the world's longest queue at IoA back then.

Reactions: Alicia
I wonder if they will really make you go down the stairs to get tickets from a kiosk or just place them at the top of the escalators

Granted I don't know just how early AP previews will be, SNW's grand opening and Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe (which releases right before my birthday) being on my birthmonth is a really pleasant feeling.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I'm more of an "act now" and "ask questions later" kind of person. I've been waiting for a Nintendo theme park my whole life. Heck, I can see the construction of Epic Universe from my apartment's bedroom window, and it's my favorite thing about living here.

I just bought a "VIP Experience" ticket for 2/17. I called VIP services, and they can't confirm any details on how this will work with SNW. Best case scenario is that it's included in the tour and I get to ride Mario Kart. I'm hoping, at worst, I'll be able to access the land without having to use the queue. I haven't been to this park in a decade, so I'm sure I'll have fun either way.

Now I'm trying to decide if I should do a second (regular) day on 2/18.

Granted I don't know just how early AP previews will be, SNW's grand opening and Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe being on my birthmonth is a really pleasant feeling.
Next year is an insanely great year for Nintendo Fans

We get a land, with an E ticket ride and Mario Movie
Breathe of the Wild 2....more Mario Kart DLC....Kirby, Fire Emblem and Bayonetta games...hopefully gameboy or gamecube games on Nintendo Online and there has to be a Mario game or collection next year because of the film

I'm more of an "act now" and "ask questions later" kind of person. I've been waiting for a Nintendo theme park my whole life. Heck, I can see the construction of Epic Universe from my apartment's bedroom window, and it's my favorite thing about living here.

I just bought a "VIP Experience" ticket for 2/17. I called VIP services, and they can't confirm any details on how this will work with SNW. Best case scenario is that it's included in the tour and I get to ride Mario Kart. I'm hoping, at worst, I'll be able to access the land without having to use the queue. I haven't been to this park in a decade, so I'm sure I'll have fun either way.

Unless you have been, I'd go to Disneyland if its been a while as well. USH can easily be done in a day if you have the VIP tour and DCA is a different park then it was ten years ago and Disneyland should have Mickey open by then

If we’re referring Pass Holder preview reservations, SLOP just had page where you selected the date and time you wanted to ride. (EDIT: the day I was scheduled to go was the day the park official closed for COVID.) I don’t remember any Pass Holder preview for WW, just a prolonged dress rehearsal period that gave Pass Holder many, many opportunities to visit before the official opening.

I hope it’s a two-pronged reservation: the date/time window you want to visit the land, and then a time within that window when you want to do the ride. Each time window has a colored wrist band so staff can make sure people aren’t overstaying. Do that for a few days — ideally a week — before the opening.

Reactions: Clive

I still need to do a VIP tour eventually. It's so expensive but it's definetely on my bucket list.

Reactions: TIMtationX
So was the March 10th opening date ever a real plan or just a guess based on the potential marketing that was presented as fact via a game of telephone?