Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion) | Page 215 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World - Hollywood (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I was talking about Galaxy's Edge before Rise was available, when the only ride was Falcon. It was nice to know that I was going to get a full experience in the land with manageable waits when I'm flying all the way from Chicago for it. The Rise system was totally worse being a day-of lottery.

I see what you're saying. But I see it more as having two potential options: 1) Walking into a very close-to-capacity land with little room to have a good experience (or a 3+ hour wait for Mario Kart) or 2) Having a timed reservation to do what I described in #1.

I know I'm in the minority and other people want that flexibility and don't want to potentially get shut of the land on any given day, I get. I would prefer something where I have a set time I know I'll be able to get into the land and go about my day until then, and (hopefully) feel like I don't have to spend all day in there thanks to crowds.
But you do, if you want to get into the land with the least amount if people then get there when it opens.

Especially on a random week day you can easily get into this land and enjoy it all within a time limit, its just on you to make that happen.

Because if people really want to enjoy this land as you like you can, just takes you to make it happen vs having a limiting time structure for reservations

The earliest I'm going to see this is next October. I'm going to keep an eye on how things go and make a game plan from there. It's really no different from how I approach any other theme park trip.

“LET’S A-GO! YAHOOOOOO!”

*Keeps madly refreshing emails for anything on AP previews*
You dont need an email. Just go to the following link on Jan 5, 2023 at 1:30pm Pacific Time to reserve your spot. Universal Studios Hollywood - Los Angeles, California - Official Site

EDIT: There is a PDF linked for FAQ that includes the actual preview dates: January 29, 30 and 31; February 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

And interesting info, like that Power-Up Bands can be purchased at some shops outside of the land!

powerupbands.jpg

Last edited:
Ok question here. After hearing the news about early access to snw, my pass renewed in summer but due to circumstances I haven't had a chance to attend the park. I'm trying to figure out black out dates so I can attend to update my pass card but don't know the black out calander. I'm on gold pass pay monthly. Am I safe to assume I'm on gpfp calender?

Ok question here. After hearing the news about early access to snw, my pass renewed in summer but due to circumstances I haven't had a chance to attend the park. I'm trying to figure out black out dates so I can attend to update my pass card but don't know the black out calander. I'm on gold pass pay monthly. Am I safe to assume I'm on gpfp calender?
All passmembers can attend on any date of previews as long as you get your reservation made. Blackout dates will not apply. You can even get into the park early before your reservation time and enjoy the whole park.

Reactions: Squallheart
Universal Studios Hollywood has announced Pass Member Preview details for Super Nintendo World before the official grand opening; and yes, an advance online reservation is required.

You dont need an email. Just go to the following link on Jan 5, 2023 at 1:30pm Pacific Time to reserve your spot. Universal Studios Hollywood - Los Angeles, California - Official Site

EDIT: There is a PDF linked for FAQ that includes the actual preview dates: January 29, 30 and 31; February 3, 4, 8, 9, 10 and 11.

And interesting info, like that Power-Up Bands can be purchased at some shops outside of the land!

View attachment 17995
I just hope it goes smoothly and it doesn't turn out there'll be another link that just shows up but not on that page like it did for Pass Member Takeover if I recall.

Might not help that I have convention plans on that day, so I'm hoping I can still get a reservation for the very first day.

EDIT: Looking back at this thread, I would keep eyes on their twitter as well. They might just end up posing the direct link.

Last edited:
I hope bands are out before the AP previews. I see they will be at other stores but just hope I can have it before the preview so I dont have to wait in line that day for one

View attachment 17995
I kinda figured this would happen. Otherwise lines would be obnoxiously kong to purchase the band.

This might be too early to be wondering about, but I wonder if down the line they will start introducing more non-Mario elements in the land/parks now that there will be two operating iterations of the land in the two countries. Maybe give it a year or two I'd imagine.

For instance, if the Pikmin have a cameo somewhere, I could foresee a Kirby cameo being added to Toadstool Cafe, simply because it's Kirby and Food. I know we went over how themed items could come at the very least, but I guess my thoughts are wandering a tad now that there's some passive excitement about how the land is finally upon us.

This might be too early to be wondering about, but I wonder if down the line they will start introducing more non-Mario elements in the land/parks now that there will be two operating iterations of the land in the two countries. Maybe give it a year or two I'd imagine.

For instance, if the Pikmin have a cameo somewhere, I could foresee a Kirby cameo being added to Toadstool Cafe, simply because it's Kirby and Food. I know we went over how themed items could come at the very least, but I guess my thoughts are wandering a tad now that there's some passive excitement about how the land is finally upon us.

I really hope so because based on the kriby avatar and signature it would make you really happy. :lol:

Also from people who have been to Japan what are the wait times like for the Band Games?
We did all the games, the slot machine had the longest wait and the alarm clocks and flip tiles the shortest. About 5-10 minutes. Bowser JR was quick cause a lot of people get turned away form not having 3 keys and the space is big.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
We did all the games, the slot machine had the longest wait and the alarm clocks and flip tiles the shortest. About 5-10 minutes. Bowser JR was quick cause a lot of people get turned away form not having 3 keys and the space is big.
That sounds great

5-10 minutes doesn't sound bad until I realize I get impatient with the wand locations if I have to wait more than 10 seconds. :lol:
On my experience wands are confusing and sometimes not working properly leading t9 a lot of confusion an. People taking their time . On the mini games there’s a cast member and you only get to try once (3 times on the pow). Aldo it’s fun to see people in front of you because not everybody gets it. So it’s not such a boring and repetitive wait.