Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 197 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m not surprised. Been planning for dates in Nov. and noticed vacancy decreased with rates increasing after the opening date got announced. Ended up booking a refundable hotel onsite for the best price I could find.

Super Nintendo World is getting DOA crowds, what a shame.

Are you saying this is bad because COVID? If not and social distancing has been relaxed over there, this is GREAT. When it becomes safe to crowd like this here, no one should be complaining about them again after the hell the industry went through in the last year.

Are you saying this is bad because COVID? If not and social distancing has been relaxed over there, this is GREAT. When it becomes safe to crowd like this here, no one should be complaining about them again after the hell the industry went through in the last year.

I was being joking, trying to be sarcastic. Perhaps next time, I should just use the /s.

That said, it is great to see Nintendo already having a gangbusters opening reception, even if it's just JP audiences right now. Imagine what it might be like once tourism opens up globally for it.

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
These people realize it's been open for a couple of weeks with what appeared to be minimal crowds?
This photo is from the day before the grand opening. Tomorrow is the official grand opening (tonight our time).

EDIT: Also, the park is operating at a limited capacity, so it kind of always looks like this in the morning. If you don’t get there early, you might not get in.

I hope Universal is going to build a larger hub in Orlando for SNW. How do I say this politely; Japanese people are quite slender compared to the Americans so I can see this crowd tippling in size with the same amount of visitors.

I hope Universal is going to build a larger hub in Orlando for SNW. How do I say this politely; Japanese people are quite slender compared to the Americans so I can see this crowd tippling in size with the same amount of visitors.
The fact that Hogsmeade kept getting duplicated without widening pathways or store interiors outta tell you something.

I've been avoiding this thread the past couple months for spoilers so please forgive me if this has been answered already,

I live in Japan and am wanting to go check out SNW since it's now finally open and state of emergency is being lifted soon. What are the requirements to enter the land and ride the attractions? Special ticket? Timed entry? App-based reservation? Can I get into the land and rides with just a normal park ticket or do I need to do something more? I took a look at the Japanese site and it mentions numbered tickets (sounds like timed entry) but nothing is explained beyond that.

The amount of info online about this seems frustratingly small, I guess because tourists can't enter Japan still so none of the usual sites are bothering to write explainers.

I've been avoiding this thread the past couple months for spoilers so please forgive me if this has been answered already,

I live in Japan and am wanting to go check out SNW since it's now finally open and state of emergency is being lifted soon. What are the requirements to enter the land and ride the attractions? Special ticket? Timed entry? App-based reservation? Can I get into the land and rides with just a normal park ticket or do I need to do something more? I took a look at the Japanese site and it mentions numbered tickets (sounds like timed entry) but nothing is explained beyond that.

The amount of info online about this seems frustratingly small, I guess because tourists can't enter Japan still so none of the usual sites are bothering to write explainers.

From what I can gather--

Super Nintendo World holds a similar lottery system to what Hogsmeade did at opening originally. Once you get the lottery, you get the time to go into the land, and would not need additional lotteries for Mario Kart: Bowser's Fury.

It also seems they made it easy in translate once you are inside the land, and would have subtitles for the various toads if you need.

If you get in you'd BETTER provide an in-depth review. ;)

From what I can gather--

Super Nintendo World holds a similar lottery system to what Hogsmeade did at opening originally. Once you get the lottery, you get the time to go into the land, and would not need additional lotteries for Mario Kart: Bowser's Fury.

It also seems they made it easy in translate once you are inside the land, and would have subtitles for the various toads if you need.
So it's random whether you'll even be able to see the land, like TDR is doing with BatB?

That really, really sucks. Kinda hard to justify a trip down to Osaka just for that.