Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised if you get anything.
I just have to believe if they're giving away several trips for Japan that we'll get an opening date there. Im not expecting anything more than that but I am hoping we get that cause I'm simply curious lol.

Reactions: Mike S
Though it’s focus is animal crossing, its worth mentioning there is a set Nintendo direct tomorrow. I could even see them recording the winners today for it.

I doubt Nintendo shows anything from the land in a Direct until the land is completely done.
I was leaning more to an opening date being announced today or tomorrow. Only thing is (correct me if im wrong) that directed aren’t hosted in New York so if the prior translation is to believed we could get the date today.

Just expect a contest. That’s it.
I don't doubt this could be the case but id find it to be a crappy marketing tool to have this competition, have several winners, and say "Okay now, stay tuned to find out when you're going!!" This seems like the easiest and most likely event to give us an opening date for Japan here.

Guess we should've listened to the CEO of the park, and not reporters translated with Google. Here is the full quote from the only footage I could find:

"So, in February we will be holding a participating type, large-scale promotion event in New York City—which is really the center of the world." -J.L. Bonnier, CEO Universal Studios Japan

From this video at 1:15:

Guess we should've listened to the CEO of the park, and not reporters translated with Google. Here is the full quote from the only footage I could find:

"So, in February we will be holding a participating type, large-scale promotion event in New York City—which is really the center of the world." -J.L. Bonnier, CEO Universal Studios Japan

From this video at 1:15:

Ya not sure that screams "News to come!!". Still, we shall see.

I don't doubt this could be the case but id find it to be a crappy marketing tool to have this competition, have several winners, and say "Okay now, stay tuned to find out when you're going!!" This seems like the easiest and most likely event to give us an opening date for Japan here.

I don’t know what to say man. You keep hyping it up and putting faith in things that clearly aren’t what you want them to be.

• Angry
Reactions: Andysol and Tristan
I don’t know what to say man. You keep hyping it up and putting faith in things that clearly aren’t what you want them to be.
Opening date for Japan has no effect on my life whatsoever, I’m just speculating that an event giving away trips to USJ for this would announce an opening date. Not much more complicated than that.

Reactions: Tristan and Mike S
When exactly is the NYC event/announcement?
There doesn't appear to be any announcement. Preselected contestants are hitting question mark bricks at Grand Central for a chance to win a trip to Universal Japan and other Nintendo related prizes. It is happening now.

Bummer, thought it'd coincide well with an opening date. Ah well, onto the next event! Anyone here participating in NYC today??

Bummer, thought it'd coincide well with an opening date. Ah well, onto the next event! Anyone here participating in NYC today??
Someone in my Facebook group is there now. They apparently had a lot of no-shows, so there are walk-in spots available to participate if anyone is in New York right now!

Everyone is wearing Mario Hats and standing under more than a dozen question bricks, it's kinda crazy.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee
Someone in my Facebook group is there now. They apparently had a lot of no-shows, so there are walk-in spots available to participate if anyone is in New York right now!

Everyone is wearing Mario Hats and standing under more than a dozen question bricks, it's kinda crazy.
My lord if I only lived in NYC lol. Can't believe people didn't show up lol. Guess they just wanted another promo event. Im sure it'll be covered in some capacity and if not, thousands and thousands of tourists or commuters heading thru Grand Central today seeing this so likely getting the word out to even more people.

Someone just won the second grand prize, a trip to Universal Japan.

Also, supposedly there was a press announcement this morning with someone from the company speaking. This according to someone that was there. But she doesn't know what was said or when it would be released. It could of course be only about today's contest, but there was something. I'm sure we'll see the event covered on some news outlets tonight.

Cool.

I'm really hoping they selected the winner at random, and not based on how many times they hit those boxes... Otherwise it clearly favors the tallest contestants (which indirectly discriminates based on sex and ethnicity), but it's just a contest so... Oh well?.

Also seeing this in action really makes me wish they had gone with interactive Mario Gloves instead of wristbands.

Last edited:
Cool.

I'm really hoping they selected the winner at random, and not based on how many times they hit those boxes... Otherwise it clearly favors the tallest contestants (which indirectly discriminates based on sex and ethnicity, but it's just a contest so... Oh well?).

Also seeing this in action really makes me wish they had gone with interactive Mario Gloves instead of wristbands.
Wouldn't be shocked if we get gloves as Merch, too. Sell the hats and gloves in a bundle for like $39.99 or $49.99. $$$$$ for Universal

Reactions: Andysol
Cool.

I'm really hoping they selected the winner at random, and not based on how many times they hit those boxes... Otherwise it clearly favors the tallest contestants (which indirectly discriminates based on sex and ethnicity, but it's just a contest so... Oh well?).

It was random, given they have the odds listed in the official rules. However, technically, more hits equals more chances to win... soooo.

They probably should've offered lower ones to some folks, for fairness.

EDIT: Video coverage from GameXplain. Seems like the lucky winners will get to see SNW before the land officially opens.

Last edited: