Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 165 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think they were talking about the projection mapped roads. That should work without visors.
Yes, this is what I was referring too. I was thinking projection mapping on the ground could make one of the main appeals of trackless vehicles obsolete
Everyone says that the ride is tough to get your bearing initially. I'd think that throwing multiple different power ups at the player would be an issue.
Given this, do we know how long the ride time is?

Reactions: Frogki
Yes, this is what I was referring too. I was thinking projection mapping on the ground could make one of the main appeals of trackless vehicles obsolete

Given this, do we know how long the ride time is?

A trackless "boat" rv on a projection mapped sea could be a pretty good use of this. Probably doable on a tracked vehicle as well.

Reactions: kingcooger
MADNESS !!!

(Just a slight disapointment for the track that is too visible...)

EDIT : The ride is crazy ! The video without AR is very instructive on how the ride works, I would recommend all of you to watch it!

Small question : how do is the winning team (Bowser or Mario) chosen ? Is it a matter of coins ?

Last edited:
Having watch the POV for Mario Kart I feel a touch concerned that it seems to be going at the same pace as a slow moving dark ride?

I get that it was never going to be super fast, but it seems incredibly slow in that video? Obviously it’s going to be very different when you’re on the ride so I’ll reserve judgment on it until I finally get to ride it myself (which will be a fair while!) but I don’t get how you can have a ride based on a crazily fast kart game whilst going about 1mph?

Happy to be told why I’m wrong on that as I hopefully am, I’m a big fan of the franchise but that seemed a bit of a let down thus far.

Wow that POV looks great! I think with the slower speed they could have thrown a Team Mario AA somewhere, but I get wanting to keep a consistent look with the AR.

The AR will obviously look better in person, but even on-camera it looks good.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Two points...* This may be one of the most difficult attractions to judge from a POV. The bones look good to excellent, but the actual 'experience' will probably be many many times greater.
*There's no doubt that this is going to be 'Awesome' on the scale of rerideability. You'll be able to ride this hundreds of times, and every ride will feel quite different. :thumbsup:

JUDT GOT OFF WORK!!!! Is the 20 min vid w/AR the best MK Koopa’s Challenge vid to watch? I want a good first experience if I can, setting up on the TV!!!

Reactions: JaySalahi
Without AR goggles, it's a cute dark ride.

With AR goggles, it's an action packed shooter/racer.

They have killed the AR aspect. I'm still blown away by how they made it look so flawless. While the AR video does show some jutter, this is most likely due to the camera moving.With the goggles strapped to your head, you won't get that. The blending of the screens to the environment is a master stroke of good celver design.

I had planned on not watching this but who knows when I'll be in a position to ride it and videos for rides like this will never compare to the actual experience.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts