Super Nintendo World (Osaka) | Page 192 | Inside Universal Forums

Super Nintendo World (Osaka)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also when has there ever been a ride that “fully captures” what an IP is?

I also think it's kinda asinine to insinuate the ride "doesn't capture" what Mario Kart is about when the people behind the game are literally involved in the creation of the attraction. You can hate it or love it, but that talking point just seems like you're trying to say you know better than Nintendo about their own product.

The irony of this statement, because 98% of these opinions are based on a video that doesn't fully capture what the Mario Kart ride is all about. :lol:

I’m just trying to point out what the other side is trying to say. I personally think this is what they are getting at.

I think the set design for the attraction is wonderful. Twisted Mansion is insane.

But I am able to stay in the middle and try to see both sides of this coin.

Reactions: Brer Oswald
I’m just trying to point out what the other side is trying to say. I personally think this is what they are getting at.

I think the set design for the attraction is wonderful. Twisted Mansion is insane.

But I am able to stay in the middle and try to see both sides of this coin.

I get what the other side is trying to say - but it mostly falls on deaf ears because they haven't been able to ride it. The most common complaint of "being slow" is the one that irks me the most.

There is a myriad of ways to simulate speed that trick the mind to make it believe it's going fast. From the video, we can't feel the wind on our faces, the sound doesn't capture the atmosphere as well, and of course, the AR filming is wonky. If you want to gauge what kind of speed they are going for, just look at the Rainbow Road floor projections and how the "landing" is handled on the end screen. They are moving pretty fast. There has to be some accounting that the mind is already believing that it's going that fast, otherwise, that effect won't work (and could possibly even make you motion sick because of the jarring difference of speed).

I get what the other side is trying to say - but it mostly falls on deaf ears because they haven't been able to ride it. The most common complaint of "being slow" is the one that irks me the most.

There is a myriad of ways to simulate speed that trick the mind to make it believe it's going fast. From the video, we can't feel the wind on our faces, the sound doesn't capture the atmosphere as well, and of course, the AR filming is wonky. If you want to gauge what kind of speed they are going for, just look at the Rainbow Road floor projections and how the "landing" is handled on the end screen. They are moving pretty fast. There has to be some accounting that the mind is already believing that it's going that fast, otherwise, that effect won't work (and could possibly even make you motion sick because of the jarring difference of speed).

I'm hopeful that you're right! I just wish that two or three people that has been on the attraction themselves could confirm it's speed as compared to MiB/Cat. I'd also love some reporting on other things that are missing in this video, such as the wind and such. I wonder, does the ride mist you underwater? It wouldn't be a Universal ride without a spray of water!

Reactions: Brian G.

I mean, this is a situation that happens whenever new attractions open anywhere. People judge it before they can ride it.

But I think all of us on here at least know that whatever preconceived notion we may pick up from video may be completely squashed when we actually ride it.

I can’t wait to ride this one day.

Test Track's budget alone was $300,000,000 and it's a HUGE footprint with only the last stretch of the ride going really fast, and this whole land was $450,000,000.
I agree with your general sentiment, but Test Track was not close to half of that number.

What the hell do you people want from UC? Test Track's budget alone was $300,000,000 and it's a HUGE footprint with only the last stretch of the ride going really fast, and this whole land was $450,000,000. Some of yall, want an MK test track that's going fast the entire time, is indoors, has animatronics, and still being able to throw shells? Just be happy with what you got. Just remember that in a parallel universe, the Mario Kart attraction was like F&F: Supercharged.
Something tells me that Nintendo would be uninterested in something like Test Track or RSR anyway

Just remember that in a parallel universe, the Mario Kart attraction was like F&F: Supercharged.
And in another parallel universe it has AAs of the main characters.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Brer Oswald
Sorry for double post but a question for the mods, can we post those first concept leaks now that the ride is officially open?

The scale isn't what I expected. Not saying it's wrong, but I always imagined the karts were smaller. On the ride they seem giant (compared to the scenery) but the AR karts look small to me. oh well.

This land is a culmination of USJ Cool Events tech put into one.

The A/R was first seen when USJ did Yokai Watch.

The interactivity was tested and demonstrated through the monster hunter and dragon quest events.

I think this land from what i've seen is a 95/100. It covers the basic 5 senses creating an immersive environment that envelopes you.

I think one of the flaws of the land which I may get crucified for is I think they could of adding more play areas, and a couple of flat rides to fill out the phase one of the land more.

The scale isn't what I expected. Not saying it's wrong, but I always imagined the karts were smaller. On the ride they seem giant (compared to the scenery) but the AR karts look small to me. oh well.
Capacity is why the karts are not single person go-karts

I think one of the flaws of the land which I may get crucified for is I think they could of adding more play areas, and a couple of flat rides to fill out the phase one of the land more.
I think they view the hidden caves/walkthroughs as play areas...but I understand what you're saying

Per rumors, the DK area has a play area

People complaining about a ride about a video game being like a video game.

We all knew this would be an interactive game/shooter for a long time now. It's the whole concept of the land.

Next up...i can't believe the Donkey Kong Kids Coaster is a Kids Coaster.
For what it’s worth, those Minecart levels aren’t really meant for kids. You die over and over and over again.

New DKC is by far the hardest of Nintendo’s newer games.

Reactions: Mike S