T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread | Page 112 | Inside Universal Forums

T2:3D - Battle Across Time Memorial Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mentioned this in another thread but is anyone else concerned this will be another case of Universal replacing an aging E-ticket due to maintenance costs and replacing it with another dud that has a shoehorned Universal IP? I mean, Terminator was a headliner back in the day with groundbreaking theme park tech and something tells me this stunt show won't exactly be a worthy replacement.

I'm optimistic that this will be a good show, and I'm optimistic the mass audience will enjoy it.

I fully expect to still prefer T2 because I have more of a connection to the first two TERMINATOR movies than I do to the Bourne character (though I like the first three movies... not the abysmal fourth and fifth). I also think TERMINATOR more naturally lends itself to theme park usage than Bourne would appear to on the surface, but we'll have to see exactly what the show is.

Is there any logical reason Universal still refuses to tell us this is Bourne? Originally people speculated it was because they honestly didn't know which franchise they were going with when they made the announcement last year but the blocking for the show is done and interior construction has begun so what's the deal? There should at least be teaser construction walls with a Treadstone logo on it or something. Good god, Universal hates attraction hype of any kind lately. The only things they're willing to promote years in advance are the hotels.

Is there any logical reason Universal still refuses to tell us this is Bourne? Originally people speculated it was because they honestly didn't know which franchise they were going with when they made the announcement last year but the blocking for the show is done and interior construction has begun so what's the deal? There should at least be teaser construction walls with a Treadstone logo on it or something. Good god, Universal hates attraction hype of any kind lately. The only things they're willing to promote years in advance are the hotels.
This project hasn't even had its own blog post yet. I went searching for it on the blog and couldn't find one. It's only mentioned in one line in the post about everything for 2018, and all that said was "Info on Terminator 2's replacement." The only info we have at all was posted directly onto the T2 attraction page, and now that it's gone, we don't even have the short paragraph about a "high-energy Universal franchise" anywhere official.

This project hasn't even had its own blog post yet. I went searching for it on the blog and couldn't find one. It's only mentioned in one line in the post about everything for 2018, and all that said was "Info on Terminator 2's replacement." The only info we have at all was posted directly onto the T2 attraction page, and now that it's gone, we don't even have the short paragraph about a "high-energy Universal franchise" anywhere official.
It's truly bizarre. It's almost as if Parks and Resorts got rid of their entire marketing and promotion department. Cinematic Celebration essentially had ZERO marketing until it opened to the public. There have been zero teaser posts on twitter or the blog regarding the two upcoming attractions. There are all kinds of creative ways to wet the appetite of the consumer without revealing any actual information. Show us a wall texture on twitter with #Potter2019 next to it. Put a themed construction wall around Terminator so it doesn't just look like a huge blank space between attractions. Post a picture of a newly installed light fixture in the Terminator building on the blog and say, "Our crew is hard at work transforming this space into our next action-packed attraction."

It's like they're asleep at the wheel and all we get are endless pictures of food options from the various hotels they're building and endless reply tweets apologizing for Fast & Furious being terrible. Disney basically gave a play by play for every block, sign, and character that was delivered to Toy Story Land when it was under construction.

Perhaps waiting for the show to debut on TV? Or perhaps it is part of a bigger announcement for next summer

Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Perhaps waiting for the show to debut on TV? Or perhaps it is part of a bigger announcement for next summer

The show in question is a pilot that may not even be picked up to series. As far as waiting for next summer..."Bigger Announcements" that happen a few months before an attraction opens usually include full ride details, concept artwork, interviews with the creatives, etc. Right now we're talking basic things like "what is it?" and "what's the name of the ride." The most minor, fundamental bits of information are being irrationally withheld and in some cases ignored entirely as if they're some kind of plot twist in a Star Wars movie.

They have been really really quiet recently. They haven't even been hitting HHN hard.

After the USF Night Show ended up being called "Cinematic Celebration" at the last minute this silence screams corporate red tape to me. As in, they haven't announced the name of the Potter attraction or Bourne attraction yet because they aren't able to reach a consensus through a labyrinth of approvals. Everyone wants to justify their paycheck by being contrary and overthinking everything until the end result is an 11th hour decision that ends up being generic and/or terrible.

After the USF Night Show ended up being called "Cinematic Celebration" at the last minute this silence screams corporate red tape to me. As in, they haven't announced the name of the Potter attraction or Bourne attraction yet because they aren't able to reach a consensus through a labyrinth of approvals. Everyone wants to justify their paycheck by being contrary and overthinking everything until the end result is an 11th hour decision that ends up being generic and/or terrible.

Or they’re following a set roll out schedule for announcements, Occam’s Razor you know.

And what’s with this whole freaking out about HHN, they announced something under two weeks ago. They’re likely to announce something this week (reminder that HHN has been applauded for sharing more sooner this year). And then next week they’re opening a new hotel. After that it’s under a week till they need to message andadvertise HHN.

I understand wanting to know more sooner but you shouldn’t confuse that with “UOR doesn’t know what they’re doing” automatically.

Or they’re following a set roll out schedule for announcements, Occam’s Razor you know.

Have you ever worked for a major conglomerate? Particularly one where creative decisions are approved by non-creative people? To me, the simplest explanation is the one I outlined vs. a set roll out schedule for announcements. Typically a set roll out for announcements doesn't involve scrambling at the last minute and changing the name of your night show to finally "announce" the show the day it opens. If that's their actual schedule then they need to fire some people.

Reactions: tankart150
Have you ever worked for a major conglomerate? Particularly one where creative decisions are approved by non-creative people? To me, the simplest explanation is the one I outlined vs. a set roll out schedule for announcements. Typically a set roll out for announcements doesn't involve scrambling at the last minute and changing the name of your night show to finally "announce" the show the day it opens. If that's their actual schedule then they need to fire some people.

I work for an advertising agency with major conglomerate clients, so basically yes.

No different than Springfield redo. They didn't even mention it until it was open a couple of weeks. As Porky Pig, on loan from Warner, would say, "tha tha tha That's all folks". Universal just does things different sometimes.;)

Reactions: tankart150
Here's a thought....is a grand announcement needed for everything?
As in we're building a brand new theme park and also a Bourne stunt show? Seems like a great way for smaller projects to get lost in the shuffle and buried in the news cycle. Typically companies prefer to drip info slowly BUT if Universal wants to announce a massive 5 year master-plan that includes the new park, all the additions to the existing parks, the Volcano Bay expansion, a transportation system, and 2 new hotels, then I'm totally down for that.

As in we're building a brand new theme park and also a Bourne stunt show? Seems like a great way for smaller projects to get lost in the shuffle and buried in the news cycle. Typically companies prefer to drip info slowly BUT if Universal wants to announce a massive 5 year master-plan that includes the new park, all the additions to the existing parks, the Volcano Bay expansion, a transportation system, and 2 new hotels, then I'm totally down for that.
I feel this will be treated like Cinematic...A simple blog post and an opening date...Doesn't this open next summer anyway? Why does everyone care so much?