The Condition of City Walk | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Condition of City Walk

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just turn NBA City into a massive Emerils Tchoup Chop and be done with it :thumbs:

If NBA City could just update some of the banners, that would be great. :lol: I don't think Vince Carter plays for the Raptors anymore....

I dont see WWE or whatever it is appealing to that many people though. I think between the two, I think NBA has more appeal

I see a Universal themed memorabilia restaurant to be somewhat redundant. They should just buy the rights and market an SEC Football restaurant instead. :p

I'm curious... if anyone has been to CityWalk recently, you probably noticed that they now have the dance parties down by the water and no longer on the stage to the right of Pastamore. I wonder if they're gonna transform that area, since I rarely see it used as an actual stage anymore. I know they've recently had a signing there, but that could be done anywhere else. And I think I saw a school band also recently, but really, for the most part this is empty all day and now all night as well, since they moved the dance party away from this area. Btw, I think moving it was a good idea; there's much better flow in this area now. Anyways, curious to see if this will be part of the CityWalk work that's coming up...

WWBD (What Would Brad Do): Replace NBA City with a cook off arena place, like Iron Chef/Chopped/Next Great Chef/Whatever. The day's menu is the winner from last night, the day's entertainment is the cook-off for tomorrow's menu. This idea probably needs some fine tuning, but I think it could work and draw some interest.

I'm curious... if anyone has been to CityWalk recently, you probably noticed that they now have the dance parties down by the water and no longer on the stage to the right of Pastamore. I wonder if they're gonna transform that area, since I rarely see it used as an actual stage anymore. I know they've recently had a signing there, but that could be done anywhere else. And I think I saw a school band also recently, but really, for the most part this is empty all day and now all night as well, since they moved the dance party away from this area. Btw, I think moving it was a good idea; there's much better flow in this area now. Anyways, curious to see if this will be part of the CityWalk work that's coming up...

Look for a tweet :look:

Reactions: Felipe
Will be a shame to see Pastamore gone. It may not be everyone's favorite, but it has a special sentimental value for me since I have gone there many times during my trips to UO.

Will be a shame to see Pastamore gone. It may not be everyone's favorite, but it has a special sentimental value for me since I have gone there many times during my trips to UO.

I always liked the QSR portion of Pastamore and thought it was a nice addition to the resort and CityWalk.

Yup, heard from a little bird that Latin Quarter is going under refurbishment (is what they say..) Last night July 27th was the last night the Mojito Bar next to Latin Quarter will be open due to construction. So look out for some construction the next couple weeks.

I was playing with Open Table tonight and you can't make a reservation for any day after tomorrow. You can't make one for NBA at all, not that I know if you ever could. I just get an error on Open Table.

Maybe not entirely relevant here but can any of you guys tell me what City Walk is like for a night out. I'm turning 21 later this year and want to have a day at the parks with my friends then a good few drinks (probably too many).
Is it typically busy on a certain night? lively? where's the best places so on.

Any help is appreciated!

Maybe not entirely relevant here but can any of you guys tell me what City Walk is like for a night out. I'm turning 21 later this year and want to have a day at the parks with my friends then a good few drinks (probably too many).
Is it typically busy on a certain night? lively? where's the best places so on.

Any help is appreciated!

This past May my friend turned 21 and we celebrated her birthday at CityWalk. We had a really great time and would definitely recommend it. We have annual passes, so we had free "CityWalk party passes" where we basically showed our annual pass at the entrance to each place, they stamped our hands and we got in cover-free. We both have APs, but I think any AP holder can get themself and one guest in this way, and it's unlimited; you can go in and out of the clubs as you please once you have the stamps. So if you have APs, look into this, or look into the party passes, as it may be cheaper than paying cover at each place, which I am not sure how much it is.

The first place we hit, and one of our favorites, was Rising Star, the karaoke bar. You'll either enjoy some great live music (even the band and backup singers) or you will have a laugh watching the people make fools of themselves. Either way, really fun! :thumbs:

Then we went to The Groove and from then we club hopped to the other ones. I had been to The Groove and Latin Quarter previously, but it was my first time at Red Coconut and Bob Marley's. They each have their unique feel, but they're all nice. My friend is not huge on Reggae music, so we stayed at that one the least, but I thought it was very chill. We spent quite a bit of time at all the other ones.

In addition to the clubs, you also have various other libation spots like Fat Tuesdays, Margaritaville, etc... so plenty of opportunities to lush out for your 21st. We certainly did :lol:

Btw, a sort of important thing to keep in mind: I don't know you guys' energy levels, but I wouldn't recommend a full day at the parks and a full night at CityWalk. I don't know if you'll be able to enjoy the entire night. I'd be dead after a while :lol: For my friend's 21st we went exclusively that night to CityWalk. You can definitely do both parks and CW, but I'd recommend leaving a couple hours to rest in between. And you probably wanna shower and dress it up a bit for the clubs :thumbs:

Hope that helps a bit! :cheers: Maybe others can share their experiences, too. I'm sure we all have our unique perspectives :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.