The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

The Current State and Future of Universal Studios Florida

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of new merch featuring E.T., BttF, and Jaws. I know it probably means absolutely nothing, but I hope even one person at UC recognizes the demand and is at least thinking of a possible new attraction for Jaws or BttF or both.
Maybe they’re testing to see how well it sells. Fingers crossed it flies off the shelves so Universal will know what we think. What’s interesting is that there’s no Kong. Kong was already revived, so maybe they’re testing which property sells the most merch to be the next that’s revived. ET is included, however, which may thwart my theory

Reactions: Ahmanet
So much of the retro franchise stuff (Jaws, BttF, ET, etc) is already being sold in the Film Vault store and other locations around the park. It's nothing new. Just like Disney selling Mr. Toad and EPCOT Center logo shirts-- cash grab from those nostalgic for the old days, but they're not coming back.

Park Hoppin' mentioned rumors of Epic getting new versions of OG Universal Studios rides.

Maybe they are getting signals crossed with the new Escape Rooms at City Walk though ...

Reactions: biggerboat16
Park Hoppin' mentioned rumors of Epic getting new versions of OG Universal Studios rides.

Maybe they are getting signals crossed with the new Escape Rooms at City Walk though ...
Haven’t heard this except in blue sky discussions…

@Alicia anything to add here? I understand you’re pretty much the go-to for any info regarding EU.

Reactions: biggerboat16
Haven’t heard this except in blue sky discussions…

@Alicia anything to add here? I understand you’re pretty much the go-to for any info regarding EU.
I’ll add that everyone hasn’t shut about wanting a “legacy Universal land” or “bringing back classic rides” since the park was announced and I’ve never seen a shred of evidence to support the idea that it is or ever was being considered.

Wasn't 100% sure where to put this. Thinking about the possibilities of a mini land for Minions, I think a lot of the look of production central can be fixed with the soundstages being covered up (even if it's only half way like Fallon). I'd like to see them touch up the front with facades like these from Japan and Beijing.

Wasn't 100% sure where to put this. Thinking about the possibilities of a mini land for Minions, I think a lot of the look of production central can be fixed with the soundstages being covered up (even if it's only half way like Fallon). I'd like to see them touch up the front with facades like these from Japan and Beijing.

I know a certain yellow family owned by a mouse that I'd love to see this exist in

Imo the look of the area is fine but definitely not great for the front of the park

The Boardwalk, no, I would much rather something like that where Simpsons is

The fun city facades, I would definitely argue for the front of the park

Either or is fine with me
Of the two, I definitely prefer the Japan version. There are fun storefront facades from Beijing I like a lot too.

Reactions: shiekra38
Status
Not open for further replies.