The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 164 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Tears of the Kingdom has hit the ground running. If it continues like this no one here should be surprised when Zelda takes over. I’m guessing that 2026/27 date that was tossed around will likely be it then they’ll find a way to fit this in USJ next.

Does USJ have room for a second park?
@Alicia does Japan want Zelda for a future Nintendo IP in the park? On one of your podcasts a while ago I though you mentioned Japan was more into Animal Crossing if they got another Nintendo land as an expansion.

They have been trying to get land but nothing feasible for second park anytime soon.
Got it. Reason why I asked is because while Japan is Nintendo’s home I can’t imagine Universal wanting so much of their only park there dedicated to Nintendo.
@Alicia does Japan want Zelda for a future Nintendo IP in the park? On one of your podcasts a while ago I though you mentioned Japan was more into Animal Crossing if they got another Nintendo land as an expansion.
Animal Crossing is huge everywhere now but I can’t imagine them needing a ton of space to do it justice. Tom Nook’s store, some houses and M&Gs, and a flat or two?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The rumor has been that the original contract required all resorts getting the initial Super Nintendo World land would also have to expand with Donkey Kong and Zelda later. (That's what made me feel pretty confident that Hollywood would get DK eventually, at least back then anyway.)

Singapore's SNW was approved and announced AFTER the initial announcement, so I have been working under the assumption that it is not under the same contractual obligations, if these are even true. Especially given the small scale of that park.

There was a rumor that Japan, which is strapped for space as well, would prefer not to have to do Zelda, which at the time was being designed as a large ride that would take up a lot space, and someone suggested maybe they would rather do Animal Crossing instead. No clue as to the validity of this rumor though.

This came just after USJ partnered with The Pokemon Company, which I bet was a bigger deal for them to act on soon than Zelda at the time. At least they are getting DK next year. After that is anyone's guess.

But Nintendo was the one who wrote this contract with Universal with this supposed clause, and the are a co-owner of Pokemon, so if they wanted to skip Zelda and move straight to Pokemon next at USJ, they could just get with USJ to amend their agreement, which happens all the time with these types of theme park arrangements.

In other words, we really don't know anything lol

Sorry double post, worth it!!!

The rumor has been that the original contract required all resorts getting the initial Super Nintendo World land would also have to expand with Donkey Kong and Zelda later. (That's what made me feel pretty confident that Hollywood would get DK eventually, at least back then anyway.)

Singapore's SNW was approved and announced AFTER the initial announcement, so I have been working under the assumption that it is not under the same contractual obligations, if these are even true. Especially given the small scale of that park.

There was a rumor that Japan, which is strapped for space as well, would prefer not to have to do Zelda, which at the time was being designed as a large ride that would take up a lot space, and someone suggested maybe they would rather do Animal Crossing instead. No clue as to the validity of this rumor though.

This came just after USJ partnered with The Pokemon Company, which I bet was a bigger deal for them to act on soon than Zelda at the time. At least they are getting DK next year. After that is anyone's guess.

But Nintendo was the one who wrote this contract with Universal with this supposed clause, and the are a co-owner of Pokemon, so if they wanted to skip Zelda and move straight to Pokemon next at USJ, they could just get with USJ to amend their agreement, which happens all the time with these types of theme park arrangements.

Where would this stuff have gone in Hollywood?

Sooooo The water tunnel will be us getting sucked into a Poke ball.....

I’d like to see the water tunnel either kept or recreated as a transportation effect in a dungeon. It would be cool if it looked like we were trapped in one room and then ‘poof’ the water tunnel opens up.

Let’s also hope that the proposed Zelda boat ride has some tension to it. Praying that they don’t pull a ‘Zelda Ever After’ and have it just be a gentle scenic tour of Hyrule after Ganon’s been defeated. That could work for a secondary attraction, but the E-ticket needs to have some tension and an actual plot.

Universal right now thinking back to when they made their original deal with Nintendo before the amazing success of the Switch.
04-antonio-banderas-interview-gq-september-2019-093019.gif

Super Nintendo World, The Super Mario Bros. Movie, whoever was instrumental in getting this done deserves all the bonuses.