The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Why is Lost Continent irrelevant? Because it's not tied into a blockbuster franchise? I wouldn't think a land based on Greek mythology in a park based on literature is irrelevant.

It's irrelevant because it has a fancy restaurant and an outdated walk-through...it would be more popular if it was anchored by and E-Ticket and had some smaller attractions (Like it used to)...I agree that a blockbuster franchise isn't needed for every area of Universal..but a blockbuster ride is needed for every area..

Why is Lost Continent irrelevant? Because it's not tied into a blockbuster franchise? I wouldn't think a land based on Greek mythology in a park based on literature is irrelevant.

I hope they keep the greek mythology and just make a new show in sinbad and a new ride in poseiden

A highly praised, beautifully themed restaurant, a unique walkthrough attraction (that could use an update), a high capacity show (that could need an update), a very entertaining fountain that interacts with audiences years before turtle talk was build and shops. That is quite a lot of fun for the amount of space it takes.
On the other side is the very popular Harry Potter, only 1 small street, 3 coasters re-themed and the signature ride that is on land that is actually added to the park and wasn't there before.
Workers are busy now to re-theme the side of the Sinbad theatre to match Potter (station) (A train ride that also added unused land to the parks). So I bet that the Lost Continent is here to stay for a while. After refreshing the show and attraction I guess we'll see a flying carpet spinner being added for the kids and the land is good to go for at least another 5 years or so.

It's not that it's the Greek mythology it was just the way it was executed. I love original attractions like HM, Everest and dinosaur. When uni gets creative it's also pretty awesome with the green planet and who doesn't enjoy the original HHN properties? Lost continent was phenomenal when it opened but look at Poseidon's fury and sinbad, they are god awful. Sinbad might have one of the worst scripts ever. It's irrelevant in the sense that nobody cares about it. Greek myths and old legends are timeless but since they didn't pull it off the way most would want to see them, it comes off as cheesy and useless for a park that is WAY too good for it

My dream for lost continent would be a re-theme to God of War, Obviously,it would have to be ALOT toned down from the original IP,but it would make sense,or Clash of the Titans if not God of War. Re do the entire INSIDE of PF into a dark ride,if you have played GOW games,keep the sea them and have Kratos battling the Hydras like in the first game and then Poseidon hiself,redo the Sinbad show to a live action GOW show with Kratos himself,fighting the gods,Mythos could be changed to Olympus...but I am sure this will never happen...

My dream for lost continent would be a re-theme to God of War, Obviously,it would have to be ALOT toned down from the original IP,but it would make sense,or Clash of the Titans if not God of War. Re do the entire INSIDE of PF into a dark ride,if you have played GOW games,keep the sea them and have Kratos battling the Hydras like in the first game and then Poseidon hiself,redo the Sinbad show to a live action GOW show with Kratos himself,fighting the gods,Mythos could be changed to Olympus...but I am sure this will never happen...

They could also use some of the backstage areas to add a flat ride.. New stunt show, family boat ride, thrilling flat ride and keep Mystic Fountain and Mythos as they are

They could also use some of the backstage areas to add a flat ride.. New stunt show, family boat ride, thrilling flat ride and keep Mystic Fountain and Mythos as they are

You are seriously overestimating how much room is backstage. Its literally just a two-lane road separating Poseidons Fury from necessary office buildings, and the Hogwarts Express/ride maintenance facilities/other access roads are directly behind Sinbad.

I may get destroyed for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Wing Coaster themed to Atlantis in Lost Continent..

BUT I understand Universal is trying to escape the thrill park mentality

I may get destroyed for this, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Wing Coaster themed to Atlantis in Lost Continent..

BUT I understand Universal is trying to escape the thrill park mentality

I am with you! I truly hope Universal will put up another major coaster one of these days!
A wing coaster zigzagging though ruins would be awesome!

Or they could just replace PF and Sinbad with a PF inspired boat ride themed to Ancient Greece and its Gods, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of room. One awesome boat ride could be great. A lot better than a coaster, imo.

I feel like the walkthrough attraction is pretty much dead, transitioning Poseidon from a walkthrough to a full ride isn't as easy as it sounds. You'd have to gut the entire building and in that case just replace it with something else. At times like these I wish Disney didn't buy the rights to avatar. Pandora could've been a killer replacement for LC

I feel like the walkthrough attraction is pretty much dead, transitioning Poseidon from a walkthrough to a full ride isn't as easy as it sounds. You'd have to gut the entire building and in that case just replace it with something else. At times like these I wish Disney didn't buy the rights to avatar. Pandora could've been a killer replacement for LC

I'm glad Disney bought Avatar...that means Universal wont be tempted to use it

I'm glad Disney bought Avatar...that means Universal wont be tempted to use it
I'm happy in the sense animal kingdom has something new but it would've been really killer to have that in LC's plot, could you imagine the transition and the look it would bring on the waterline? But whatever as you all said before I don't see LC leaving soon or getting any add ons. Pretty damn sad

Sorry for double posting but after having a marathon of awesome movies, imagine for a second how cool would it be to have the goonies replace LC. One eyed willies cave taking over Poseidon? Dude

Or they could just replace PF and Sinbad with a PF inspired boat ride themed to Ancient Greece and its Gods, since there doesn't seem to be a lot of room. One awesome boat ride could be great. A lot better than a coaster, imo.

Did you see the aerial photo of the mostly empty backstage areas behind PF? It's enough space that you could fit the boat ride and flat ride. Universal's great at maximizing space

Did you see the aerial photo of the mostly empty backstage areas behind PF? It's enough space that you could fit the boat ride and flat ride. Universal's great at maximizing space

…what exactly makes you think it's empty? Access roads are crucial to a theme park's safety/operations, and those buildings behind those attractions house very necessary facilities. First Aid happens to be one of them, as a matter of fact.

…what exactly makes you think it's empty? Access roads are crucial to a theme park's safety/operations, and those buildings behind those attractions house very necessary facilities. First Aid happens to be one of them, as a matter of fact.

what exactly makes you think they can't rework these backstage facilites and rework access roads? IOA needs as much expansion as it can get so I definitely can see Comcast putting up extra cash to open up the area for LC. The Wonka concept was supposed to have a Soarin'-esque Glass Elevator ride, a POTC-esque boat ride and a parachute drop within the LC area. This would likely mean they'd have to use some of the backstage area. Not to mention that the backstage part looked as used as the plot by Thunder Falls.

There's options for First Aid and other facilities to be relocated in order to make Lost Continent a 3 attraction land again. Plus a flat ride along with converting PF to a boat ride wouldn't take up too much extra space to begin with so the interference would be minor