The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Speaking to potential Zelda ride concepts...

How about an Epona / Zelda themed coaster with a ride system similar to that of Tron, with horses instead of bikes. Might be a good counter punch to Tron opening in MK in 2021.

True, maybe not the most practical option to brand it as a coaster. Could a "dark ride" use a horse as the ride vehicle? Speaking with my gf, she was thinking something along the lines of ET rather than Tron.
That sounds AWESOME!!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Reactions: RevFreako
Speaking to potential Zelda ride concepts...

How about an Epona / Zelda themed coaster with a ride system similar to that of Tron, with horses instead of bikes. Might be a good counter punch to Tron opening in MK in 2021.
Just reposting this.
Basically Forbidden Journey but instead of a bench on a robot arm an all terrain vehicle with the same kind of design as the Master Cycle Zero from BotW’s DLC.
tumblr_p0mfmamMHf1qzp9weo1_640.gif

Cut, print, cash the checks.
Last time there was confusion so when I say all terrain vehicle I mean exactly that, not a bike. It would be made to look like it’s the same technology as the bike though.

Zelda is story driven... it does not need the Indiana Jones and the temple of peril treatment.
I don't think anyone is asking for a single Zelda themed ride with no story.

In addition, I think it would be a disservice to Zelda to jam a ride/show in with the rest of Lost Continent.

I'm hoping they give it two (or more) attractions with a complete overhaul of LC. One attraction could be a show which properly represents Zelda's story.

They could redesign Poseiden relatively for cheap and quickly, retheme Mythos, and build a new ride where the old Sindbad area is.

Last edited:
Just saying, I really hope the fountain doesn't go anywhere. While my parents were taking a bathroom break, I wandered over and just started chatting with it, and another TM came to check up on it a few minutes later. Got quite a few giggles out of me.

Reactions: tielo
Just saying, I really hope the fountain doesn't go anywhere. While my parents were taking a bathroom break, I wandered over and just started chatting with it, and another TM came to check up on it a few minutes later. Got quite a few giggles out of me.
If Lost Continent is replaced by Zelda the idea of the fountain could live on with Gossip Stones.

Reactions: truejonas
Are there any rumors as to what's happening in the Sinbad space? Universal's doing so great yet there's too many empty theaters sitting around the resort right now.

Are there any rumors as to what's happening in the Sinbad space? Universal's doing so great yet there's too many empty theaters sitting around the resort right now.

I know DIS Unplugged mentioned the theater is untouched and still fully set up in their last episode. There might be internal stuff happening, but nothing so far in the public eye that I'm aware of.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I know DIS Unplugged mentioned the theater is untouched and still fully set up in their last episode. There might be internal stuff happening, but nothing so far in the public eye that I'm aware of.

I wouldn't expect anything to happen until they pull the trigger on fully replacing the land.

I wouldn't expect anything to happen until they pull the trigger on fully replacing the land.

Guess that makes sense. Why spend the time and money on a filler show when they're going to redo the whole area (hopefully) soon?

I do wonder if there would be something they could do in that space to at least take advantage of it. A one or two person cast could even just discuss how stunts are done (I think Indy does this is as well - haven't been in years so I'm not sure). Wouldn't even necessarily need the pyro (although the burning man should stay, that's always a cool SFX) and fireworks that were there before.

I realize that would be more of a USF type of thing to see, but at least it would be more than an epty theater.

I don't think anyone is asking for a single Zelda themed ride with no story.

In addition, I think it would be a disservice to Zelda to jam a ride/show in with the rest of Lost Continent.

I'm hoping they give it two (or more) attractions with a complete overhaul of LC. One attraction could be a show which properly represents Zelda's story.

They could redesign Poseiden relatively for cheap and quickly, retheme Mythos, and build a new ride where the old Sindbad area is.
Oh God, what if they made Poseidon's Fury the Water Temple.

Reactions: truejonas
After some extensive Wiki counting - MK is 20 rides (including Tron), plus the railroad, Liberty Belle, Swiss Family Treehouse, 7 shows, and the various other interactive areas. So @LintemuthStudios's 27 is just a tad under the actual attraction count.

Then we'd have four major coasters in one park, and that's not a good thing.

Even if we have four (I'm guessing your count would be Hulk, JP, HP and a spitball Zelda), they don't need to all be ripping and riding and rocking. Hulk and JP sound like they're going to be the intense "adult" rides, while HP is shaping up to be strong but still supposedly family friendly. If Zelda went with a more tame route, even with a horse style, it could be an interesting twist.

So they just have to build 10 more rides, then they can add another coaster.

Get going Universal!

We'd need more space. Let's put an island in the middle of the lagoon. This should work nicely.