The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9) | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Lost Continent (Poseidon Fury closing May 9)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I guarantee if they did something mythology based it would be spectacular...I would argue that they could strengthen this land for cheaper than replacing it. While at the same time redoing Kidzone and eventually Springfield.
Exactly my thoughts... but I think if nintendo does potter numbers at epic universe, it's logical to come right back to usf/ioa with the 1st expansions.

I’m wondering if Poseidon’s fury gets replaced down the line will we most likely see a totally new land take over Lost Continent because that will be the last existing attraction in the land. Would you replace it with clash of the titans with Liam neeson it didn’t get very good reception in the movies. Maybe James Bond land?

Reactions: tankart150
I’m wondering if Poseidon’s fury gets replaced down the line will we most likely see a totally new land take over Lost Continent because that will be the last existing attraction in the land. Would you replace it with clash of the titans with Liam neeson it didn’t get very good reception in the movies. Maybe James Bond land?

James Bond is a non-starter for licensing right now. That was the original concept for The Bourne Stuntacular.

Everybody saying Hyrule isn’t using much imagination. Same with those who said HTTYD before Epic Universe came out. It’s only because it “almost looks like Hyrule or HTTYD because rocks”.

If they go with a new IP, they’re clearing the land. So it looking like it is inconsequential. And if they don’t clear the land, they’re just pigeon holing.

Everybody saying Hyrule isn’t using much imagination. Same with those who said HTTYD before Epic Universe came out. It’s only because it “almost looks like Hyrule or HTTYD because rocks”.

If they go with a new IP, they’re clearing the land. So it looking like it is inconsequential. And if they don’t clear the land, they’re just pigeon holing.
It really depends on what they want the expansion pad to be in EU...Do they want to expand more into a Kirby/Luigi's Mansion type direction or do they want to do Hyrule there?

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It really depends on what they want the expansion pad to be in EU...Do they want to expand more into a Kirby/Luigi's Mansion type direction or do they want to do Hyrule there?
Luigi’s Mansion should be in EU to keep it consistent as the Mario Universe. The expansion pad is pretty sizable though so maybe something else could go in as well *cough* Mario Galaxy *cough*

IoA should get Zelda and USF Pokémon. Their 3 biggest franchises should be split up to encourage multi park passes even more. I’d also like it for thematic consistency.

Purely my opinion here, but I think it would be interesting to see them take a more generic approach to the island. Instead of making one movie/game property the entire theme of the island, why not use a location/country that could incorporate multiple properties over time.

Think of it as a larger World Showcase pavilion, but with a few rides and shows. Disney has yet to pull the trigger on the addition of various countries, so why not take advantage of that and add it first? Or just make your own version of a country that is in World Showcase. All licenses aside, think of having a UK themed island that houses a good Hobbs & Shaw ride, a James Bond show, a few pubs, or even just a generic race through London type of ride?

Idea B would be to keep the non-IP theme of Lost Continent, but maybe you change it into a different environment. If Universal decided to turn the island into a snowy environment, I think there could be some really enjoyable, original content. You could make a dark ride that travels through a blizzard with run-ins with wolves, yetis, etc.

These are all just spitball ideas. I just think that we get too caught up in trying to create the next WWoHP, where everything has to be tied to one property, when ideas that aren't so IP driven could still work, and provide for far more flexibility, long term.

Reactions: tankart150
Luigi’s Mansion should be in EU to keep it consistent as the Mario Universe. The expansion pad is pretty sizable though so maybe something else could go in as well *cough* Mario Galaxy *cough*

IoA should get Zelda and USF Pokémon. Their 3 biggest franchises should be split up to encourage multi park passes even more. I’d also like it for thematic consistency.
They’re also somewhat very different properties themselves (ie Zelda, Pokémon, and Mario and pals) so putting them in all the different parks makes sense to me as well.

The expansion pad could go to Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Galaxy, Princess Peach, who knows.

I just fully expect Hyrule to take over this area unless SNW isn’t the massive hit we all expect it to be. E ticket show along with a E/D ticket non thrilling boat ride. Perfect use of the space.

Reactions: GA-MBIT
They’re also somewhat very different properties themselves (ie Zelda, Pokémon, and Mario and pals) so putting them in all the different parks makes sense to me as well.

The expansion pad could go to Luigi’s Mansion, Mario Galaxy, Princess Peach, who knows.

I just fully expect Hyrule to take over this area unless SNW isn’t the massive hit we all expect it to be. E ticket show along with a E/D ticket non thrilling boat ride. Perfect use of the space.
Zelda needs to be thrilling. It’s Nintendo’s most “adult” franchise out of their big 3. My idea was one big ride, a Lost Woods maze, and some kind of small ride in the forest.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Zelda needs to be thrilling. It’s Nintendo’s most “adult” franchise out of their big 3.
I think the patented theatre show could be that experience. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge the theatre would move.
Creates a thrilling experiences for sure if there’s a battle going on infront of you as well. But I don’t disagree I just don’t see them going full on thrill ride for anything Nintendo

I think the patented theatre show could be that experience. I could be wrong, but to my knowledge the theatre would move.
Creates a thrilling experiences for sure if there’s a battle going on infront of you as well. But I don’t disagree I just don’t see them going full on thrill ride for anything Nintendo
Nah, Zelda needs something like Spider-Man or Forbidden Journey with huge monster animatronics going after you. Something that puts you in those tense situations the series is known for then the maze is for the slower puzzle side of things.

Nah, Zelda needs something like Spider-Man or Forbidden Journey with huge monster animatronics going after you. Something that puts you in those tense situations the series is known for then the maze is for the slower puzzle side of things.
I mean you’d have zero complaints from me

Reactions: Mike S
I mean, Zelda and Kirby are already kinda planned

I agree with everything said, Zelda in LC
Pokemon in Kidzone
Luigi/Kirby in EU

I have to say, this land is fantastic. It may not be what it used to, but the theming is extremely top notch Mythos is there and Poseidon's Fury is actually a fun diversion. If there was simply an E-ticket attraction where Sindbad is, this land would be fine. People love the fountain, too. There's also more actual land entertainment and feeling of a living environment here than in SWGE, which is slightly embarrassing on one hand for Disney, but also shows that the concept of the land is rock solid and has been executed extremely well.

I don't think most of you guys realize how popular the quick service restaurants are in this land either. Both Fire Eaters and the Kebabs place are packed pretty much all day.

I have to say, this land is fantastic. It may not be what it used to, but the theming is extremely top notch Mythos is there and Poseidon's Fury is actually a fun diversion. If there was simply an E-ticket attraction where Sindbad is, this land would be fine. People love the fountain, too. There's also more actual land entertainment and feeling of a living environment here than in SWGE, which is slightly embarrassing on one hand for Disney, but also shows that the concept of the land is rock solid and has been executed extremely well.

I don't think most of you guys realize how popular the quick service restaurants are in this land either. Both Fire Eaters and the Kebabs place are packed pretty much all day.
Same restaurants could translate to Zelda as Goron establishments but maybe just combined into one. The Mystic fountain becomes Gossip Stones littered around the land instead of just one.