The Future of Wet 'n Wild | Page 26 | Inside Universal Forums

The Future of Wet 'n Wild

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting side note: I got on SR 528 from Universal Blvd today about 11:30 AM to get to I-4; the sign at the interchange still referenced Wet 'N Wild. When I came back through the same interchange about 6:30 PM, the reference was removed from both the signs on the surface and SR 528 itself.

I am hoping for a 4000 family suites resort complex called something like "Universal's Destination Dreamworks Resort", with a "permanent" dinner show. Think Medieval Times meets How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular. Along with themed dining and drinking. Places like The Poison Apple Tavern from Shrek and KFP's Noodle House. Of course it would have 2 pools areas (Shrek's Swamp family pool, KFP quiet pool). And activities like King Louis Bowling and Games.

And, of course, a gondola from the Resort to City Walk.

I am hoping for a 4000 family suites resort complex called something like "Universal's Destination Dreamworks Resort", with a "permanent" dinner show. Think Medieval Times meets How To Train Your Dragon Live Spectacular. Along with themed dining and drinking. Places like The Poison Apple Tavern from Shrek and KFP's Noodle House. Of course it would have 2 pools areas (Shrek's Swamp family pool, KFP quiet pool). And activities like King Louis Bowling and Games.

Send your resume to UC. They're looking for true talent. Those are really good ideas that are economically feasible. :thumbsup:

Sorry but Gondolas are already taken by Disney, find another mode of transport.

I like what @Disneyhead is saying. With UNI having DW, they could do part of the hotel up sort of like Nick suits, close to VB and the other parks, entertainment and dinning areas.

I'm bad about knowing the area, I mean, I could find WnW if I were up there, but not sure on street names. Anyway, I saw an article that mentioned a big hotel complex at international and Kirkman, isn't the WnW plot near there?

Just thinking in terms of more people in the area, which to me, would make sense to do a HTTYD dinner show that can draw from that area of I-drive.

If a hotel were to be built in this plot, it will need to offer lots of things to prevent guests from walking around I Drive. It would almost need a mini citywalk with shops and different restaurants to keep them inside.

I like what @Disneyhead is saying. With UNI having DW, they could do part of the hotel up sort of like Nick suits, close to VB and the other parks, entertainment and dinning areas.

I'm bad about knowing the area, I mean, I could find WnW if I were up there, but not sure on street names. Anyway, I saw an article that mentioned a big hotel complex at international and Kirkman, isn't the WnW plot near there?

Just thinking in terms of more people in the area, which to me, would make sense to do a HTTYD dinner show that can draw from that area of I-drive.

If this is the hotel you're talking about, I've marked the area in red on the map below:

Large hotels planned for construction will break Orlando's current growth plan - Orlando Sentinel

wnw maps.jpg

WnW is blue and CBBR is green for reference.

Reactions: Frank Drackman
Do you guys think any slides will be sold off or are they all going to be scrapped? If so, which one's do you think will be sold and moved to other parks?

Reactions: Scott W.
Do you guys think any slides will be sold off or are they all going to be scrapped? If so, which one's do you think will be sold and moved to other parks?

They trashed Hulk but somebody recently mentioned that it was probably because of licensing which makes sense. I hope they're sold off, it would be a shame otherwise as they were pretty solid rides.

They trashed Hulk but somebody recently mentioned that it was probably because of licensing which makes sense. I hope they're sold off, it would be a shame otherwise as they were pretty solid rides.

Everybody obviously wants new stuff at their home parks, but after Center Parcs stepped it up big time with Tropical Cyclone at Elvedon and Tornado at Woburn I'd love to see Alton Towers Splash Landings get some new toys - Disco or Brainwash would be a great fit.

I am guessing the newer slides will be sold, or even put in storage. The Tornado and Mat Racer could easily be taken down and rebuilt since they're still new.

The older slides are probably not worth saving. They have most likely been written off for depreciation for tax purposes.

I am guessing the newer slides will be sold, or even put in storage. The Tornado and Mat Racer could easily be taken down and rebuilt since they're still new.

The older slides are probably not worth saving. They have most likely been written off for depreciation for tax purposes.
Everybody obviously wants new stuff at their home parks, but after Center Parcs stepped it up big time with Tropical Cyclone at Elvedon and Tornado at Woburn I'd love to see Alton Towers Splash Landings get some new toys - Disco or Brainwash would be a great fit.

You wonder what the labour costs would be to dismantle these rides piece by piece and then ship to wherever and then have to modify the supports to fit the new area, if it would actually just be cheaper to buy new.

You wonder what the labour costs would be to dismantle these rides piece by piece and then ship to wherever and then have to modify the supports to fit the new area, if it would actually just be cheaper to buy new.
Merlin moved Storm Surge over to Thorpe Park from Legoland Florida / Cypress Gardens. They did already own it but shipping mustn't be _that_ bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.