The Hat Coming Down | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
the hat sucks, seriously i can understand why they wanted it to be the symbol of the park but the placement of it is moronic, it ruins a great site of the theatre and anything they shove in front of it makes it worse(high school musical stage)

i mean if it was for the whole 100 years thing its over and done, they took that god awful wand off of spaceship earth

Last edited:
That could be really good news if true. The most interesting thing about that article, to me, was the explanation of why the hat was installed in the first place...if it really is about Grauman (or whoever owns the Chinese Theater nowadays) wanting a cut of all sales of photgraphs in front of the theater then the solution is simple--don't offer photographs in front of it!

I hope this thing does finally get taken down. I have said it before, as long as the current owners of the real Chinese Theater are not too greedy it would be worth licensing.

Man, they really aren't doing things in stages at all are they? Backlot Tour is gone, American Idol is gone, Sounds Dangerous is gone, now the centerpiece to the park? (not saying it was great or anything). Still, they must want revamp this quickly!

Man, they really aren't doing things in stages at all are they? Backlot Tour is gone, American Idol is gone, Sounds Dangerous is gone, now the centerpiece to the park? (not saying it was great or anything). Still, they must want revamp this quickly!

Yeah, but they are stripping the park without replacing anything first. It hits me as an odd way to proceed unless the numbers for those attractions were really low. How often are they running that "?????" night time show now?

Yeah, but they are stripping the park without replacing anything first. It hits me as an odd way to proceed unless the numbers for those attractions were really low. How often are they running that "?????" night time show now?

No I am totally with you on that. That's why it is so surprising! If they remove the hat, it opens up so much more viewing room, so I would hope they have a night show every night.

But yeah, not saying the Backlot tour ever had a long wait, but it did eat a lot of people.

I would still think it to be better if they were to stagger things. Considering they only have a few things worth doing and the capacity problems. It could become a mad house if there is nothing to distract visitors from the real attractions :rofl:

Also with this TSMM improvement being talked about, does anyone know if they need to close the attraction for this, and for how long?

Edit:

I just realized they are going to put up ad-hoc temporary stages in front of each closed attraction. They will have staggered start times, and each has a different name, but you get there and these same guys show up with different shirts on and they cut things...

[video=youtube_share;GKllTL0byPg]http://youtu.be/GKllTL0byPg[/video]

:rofl:

Last edited:
I would still think it to be better if they were to stagger things. Considering they only have a few things worth doing and the capacity problems. It could become a mad house if there is nothing to distract visitors from the real attractions :rofl:

Also with this TSMM improvement being talked about, does anyone know if they need to close the attraction for this, and for how long?

Edit:

I just realized they are going to put up ad-hoc temporary stages in front of each closed attraction. They will have staggered start times, and each has a different name, but you get there and these same guys show up with different shirts on and they cut things...

[video=youtube_share;GKllTL0byPg]http://youtu.be/GKllTL0byPg[/video]

:rofl:
Now that is truly funny. Lumberjacks to the left of us, Lumberjacks to the right., Lumberjacks in front of us. Lumberjacks to the rear. Lumberjacks EVERYWHERE!!!

This sounds like it's actually happening. Which is absolutely terrific news! That hat defines eyesore. I question if it's removal means that it's gone for good, or just being relocated. A placement near Fantasmic! perhaps?

The hat's removal, compounded with the Cars/Star Wars Land(s) rumors, has me excited for the future at DHS.

This sounds like it's actually happening. Which is absolutely terrific news! That hat defines eyesore. I question if it's removal means that it's gone for good, or just being relocated. A placement near Fantasmic! perhaps?

The hat's removal, compounded with the Cars/Star Wars Land(s) rumors, has me excited for the future at DHS.

What is the hat made out of? I try so hard to ignore it when at that park, it is such an eyesore in it's current location. It could possibly look good somewhere else more fitting.

Also if anyone can post some pictures it would be appreciated. It would be great if anyone happens to be going there to get some closeups of the structure. :pray:

It may be of interest for you to know that the Chinese Theatre recently got new owners in the past couple years. It's now owned by a Chinese electronics manufacturer called TCL (It's officially called the TCL Chinese Theatre). Maybe the new owners don't mind if it's photographed.

I don't think that's the actual reason though. I just think they didn't take the hat down after the 100 Years of Magic Celebration because they made really bad decisions at the time, like the EPCOT wand over Spaceship Earth.

It may be of interest for you to know that the Chinese Theatre recently got new owners in the past couple years. It's now owned by a Chinese electronics manufacturer called TCL (It's officially called the TCL Chinese Theatre). Maybe the new owners don't mind if it's photographed.

I don't think that's the actual reason though. I just think they didn't take the hat down after the 100 Years of Magic Celebration because they made really bad decisions at the time, like the EPCOT wand over Spaceship Earth.

It is my understanding that TCL purchased the naming rights, or in other words they are just a sponsor. I believe it is still owned by a group of investors. But TCL is looking to expand their brand in the states, so possibly Disney could get them to pay licensing if they brand it accordingly.

The hat has become the park's icon in recent years. I would think they'd relocate it and not just remove it if they continue to use for it merch, marketing, etc.

The hat has become the park's icon in recent years. I would think they'd relocate it and not just remove it if they continue to use for it merch, marketing, etc.

This was not recent. It was built specifically to be the icon for the park. But MK has the castle to represent the magical park, Epcot has the ball to represent technology, AK has the tree to represent nature, and DHS has Mickey's hat from Fantasia to represent Hollywood?????

This was not recent. It was built specifically to be the icon for the park. But MK has the castle to represent the magical park, Epcot has the ball to represent technology, AK has the tree to represent nature, and DHS has Mickey's hat from Fantasia to represent Hollywood?????

It was originally the Water Tower which I always thought was a bit classier