The Hat Coming Down | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'd eat my hat if they move it, Disney won't waste money to move it, and why would they rebuild a new one? The concept of having it by the water is an old one back when the ears were ferris wheels.

I'd eat my hat if they move it, Disney won't waste money to move it, and why would they rebuild a new one? The concept of having it by the water is an old one back when the ears were ferris wheels.

IDK I think I kinda like it, just hate the location. This should not be located inside a themepark as it is a theme killer, gives it more of a amusement park feel. Thought it could be nostalgic for younger folks, as they may have never seen the park without it. It could also be cool as some sort of booth in Downtown Disney, possibly a one stop ticket and reservation center.

I tried to figure out if it would actually be relocatable, and it seems the "shell" could be taken apart. They may just need to build an adequate base for it.

I feel like you may be eating your hat.

I wonder if at the WDW Destination D this year they will announce anything.

Whatever Disney is going to build in all those closed location, they still aren't building. I guess 2029 will be a nice year or is that to early.
And why do Disney guests get upset when a stupid store in the shape of a cheap looking hat is taken down. Maybe they transplant it to Fantasmic in an attempt to make that drab location of another tired show a tiny bit more appealing (and fail if that show isn't upgraded yesterday).

I see they're closing the Pirates attraction also. No Backlot Tour, American Idol, Sounds, AFI exhibit or Pirates. None of these were very good attractions, but what the heck, there is no capacity in that park now with so few attractions. I actually like DHS, but lines for existing attractions will be so long come the busy season with no replacements in sight. As someone said over at WDW Magic, may as well just shut the park down for the next 3 or 5 years until new attractions are built...Great to see the Hat going though. That was one ugly entrance for the park sight lines.

could you imagine if they did something like that? shut the park down for some time and revitalize it? I mean if all these attractions are shutting down, what the heck is going to be left? not much!

Will there be a ticket price decrease? If not....oh lord
I know most people will probably see your comment and laugh, but there is precedent of Disney doing this. During the DCA redo, Disney did lower prices for at least part of the re-do time when things were really bad and before much had opened. And at the point of the DCA redo, they had more to do.

Reactions: natespf
I know most people will probably see your comment and laugh, but there is precedent of Disney doing this. During the DCA redo, Disney did lower prices for at least part of the re-do time when things were really bad and before much had opened. And at the point of the DCA redo, they had more to do.
That's good to know, could you imagine paying a hundred for like 5 rides? It needs to be decreased because it would be robbery

That's good to know, could you imagine paying a hundred for like 5 rides? It needs to be decreased because it would be robbery

Only difference is that people visiting DCA are probabaly often buying day tickets as the parks tend to have more locals than tourists.

However in WDW it is probabaly a family on a longer vacation and they will have multi-day tickets, which probabaly will not change price.

That's cool, because I don't see them closing it even if it's a quarter day park. Mainly for the Park Hopper option, as it does have some important attractions for the resort.

wouldn't lowering the ticket price attract MORE visitors?

If anything I could see them shortening park hours

wouldn't lowering the ticket price attract MORE visitors?

If anything I could see them shortening park hours

Exactly, as much as I despise the attractions they are closing they atleast made it a full day park if you wanted to stay there long enough. With them gone all you have are the headliners witch is a terrible trade off. This expansion will need to come as soon as possible or the guest reactions might get ugly

Let's be honest. Backlot Tour, American Idol, Sounds Dangerous, or Legend of Jack Sparrow were not attractions you visited except maybe once while at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Can you provide evidence to this? I do not remember this happening

Let's be honest. Backlot Tour, American Idol, Sounds Dangerous, or Legend of Jack Sparrow were not attractions you visited except maybe once while at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

Yes, but they still added to the total park capacity. Without them everyone will be in line for the rides you do want to go on. And with whole areas being closed, there will be a lot less just walking around the park.

Maybe moving it closer to the water. near Fantasmic would make more sense since it's from Fantasia. What ever they do it, just glad it's finally moving.

So DHS is changing from a half-day park to a 2 hour park?
Well there's really no other way to completely re-do this park without closing a bunch of things first, so yeah, pretty much. Hopefully in the long run, it will be worth it. At this point though, I wouldn't even both with the park.