The Hat Coming Down | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

The Hat Coming Down

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It is my understanding that TCL purchased the naming rights, or in other words they are just a sponsor.

I think you're right -- thanks for the clarification. If anyone lives in the area you should really check it out after the recent renovation - It's now a legit IMAX.

It was originally the Water Tower which I always thought was a bit classier

Ah yes, very reminiscent of Hollywood's golden years. It tended to make me think of the WB studios. Though it may not fit with the direction I am thinking they are taking with the park.

You know what this park needs thought... a mountain!

f720a9f9.jpg

Man it would be bad-:censored: if they actually had the space for something like that.

Well with the rumored name change to Disney's Hollywood Adventure, anything is possible :thumbs:

I heard the hat is moved and reused in another amazing location where Disney is sure everyone will be happy.
It'll be on top of the deathstar that will be build in DHS as part of Star Wars Land. The Deathstar will be part pizza restaurant called "The Throat Choke" and will have the same magical quality as the Pizza Planet once. In addition there will be a shop in there and an interactive game that needs you to wave money in front of a screen to move a Mickey with a light saber.

Probably because those folks never stepped foot in the park with the original theater exposed...the hat did its job as an icon of sorts

I see they're closing the Pirates attraction also. No Backlot Tour, American Idol, Sounds, AFI exhibit or Pirates. None of these were very good attractions, but what the heck, there is no capacity in that park now with so few attractions. I actually like DHS, but lines for existing attractions will be so long come the busy season with no replacements in sight. As someone said over at WDW Magic, may as well just shut the park down for the next 3 or 5 years until new attractions are built...Great to see the Hat going though. That was one ugly entrance for the park sight lines.

Reactions: natespf
Disney just confirmed to a local news station that the Hat will be removed in early 2015.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/sorcerers-hat-to-be-removed-from-disneys-hollywood-studios/29323994

I had always thought everyone thought the hat was a bad idea. The general public seems to be upset with the removal of the hat...

Capture.jpg

LOL that second comment is just too funny. Adding the hat was a corporate change, one which desperately needed to be undone. That literally ruined the initial view inside the park. IMO if they move it, should be outside of the parks. Possibly near an entrance, at one of the hotels, or even just along the interstate. It could actually be fitting somewhere, but definitely not where it is.

The hat getting the axe is nothing but great news. I also heard Disney is shutting down the stupid Jack Sparrow thing so it is good to see DHS getting ready for a major overhaul.

Yeah Eisner was the king of giant landmarks that weren't thought all the way through. Space ship earth 2000 was also quite impressive.