Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Hat Coming Down

I have nothing brilliant to say, but just wanted to add that I am quite a fan of the hat! So what if it doesn't serve a purpose, it's pretty. :) :)

I also have no issue with the hat. It would be nice if they did something underneath it other than another flippin gift shop. What that could be I have no idea.

To me, the Hat is a great icon for the park. The Earfull Tower wasn't doing it for me. And as the park's icon, it needs to be really tall, front and center. Every other WDW icon is really tall, front and center. It's what ties everything together. Without the Hat, Hollywood Boulevard just looks like another one of the Streets of America. Then again, I can't exactly consider myself a Disney purist.

I simply prefer this view:

112200d.jpg

To this view:

wdw043_07.jpg

Since the Hollywood Blvd. area was supposed to represent the "Main Street" portion of the pak I just think that the Chinese theater is a classeir stand-in for Cinderrel's Castle than the BUH (Big Ugly Hat). It is just such a pretty building.

71112-800.jpg

It's like if they put a 14 story tall Mickey Glove where the partners Statue is.

Last edited:
Oh I agree, but how long has it been up for? 2001? Yeah, for some reason it doesn't scream temporary to me anymore. :lol:

Ha. Exactly. That is the problem. It looks temporary(because it was supposed to be like the Wand and signage that haunted Spaceship Earth for years) It is time for this to do the same.

A dream would be to tear down the hat and as they are doing this give The Great Movie ride a nice refurbishment.

Ha. Exactly. That is the problem. It looks temporary(because it was supposed to be like the Wand and signage that haunted Spaceship Earth for years) It is time for this to do the same.

A dream would be to tear down the hat and as they are doing this give The Great Movie ride a nice refurbishment.

Yes, The Great Movie ride NEEDS to be refurbished. Most people don't even know a lot of the movies featured. Something needs to be done with it.

Yes, The Great Movie ride NEEDS to be refurbished. Most people don't even know a lot of the movies featured. Something needs to be done with it.

Not to mention some of the animatronics are just crazy old. I was on the side of the car close to Sigourney Weaver in Alien over the summer and it was hilariously bad. It would be pretty awesome to see the ride get a makeover and put in some more recognizable movies in there from the past 20 years or so.

Not to mention some of the animatronics are just crazy old. I was on the side of the car close to Sigourney Weaver in Alien over the summer and it was hilariously bad. It would be pretty awesome to see the ride get a makeover and put in some more recognizable movies in there from the past 20 years or so.

I'm with you on that. How about some other Disney movies??? :D

You put in anything made from the past 20 years and you might as well rename the attraction to "The Crappy Movie Ride."

Totally agree not to mention it would become dated more than twice as fast. The classic movie era and the golden age of hollywood works perfectly for the Great Movie Ride. The effects and upkeep is what needs to be fine tuned and updated, not the classics representing great generes.

I remember there was a rumor that the Muppets would be included in the ride, and that they would basically replace the actors in all the scenes you see now.