The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

The Incredible Hulk Roller Coaster

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

I think Universal will refurb the Hulk:

• Total voters
Hulk doesn't need a new name or a new color. But all others I agree with.

I can see Hulk going down for a repaint this fall (or at least I hope so).

It was a joke, just like BBPH painting it yellow. Can you imagine the Hulk becoming the Abomination :lol: For that start running the cars backwards.........ooooooh that would be FUN :lol:

Can you imagine a bumpy backwards roller coaster :lol:

Althought it does sound very intriguing. They should do that during HHN. Ooooh are you readin Universal? :lol:
:

Can you imagine a bumpy backwards roller coaster :lol:

Althought it does sound very intriguing. They should do that during HHN. Ooooh are you readin Universal? :lol:
:

Or a bumpy, spining rollercoaster without shoulder restraints. Only a lap bar and seat belts. How about that? :thumbs:

^Hmmm, does this same roller coaster have a keypad to pick a song? Sign me up! :thumbs:

Heres some pics
354729585_5175e9dfe8.jpg

3041079199_06e36dd021.jpg

Hulk10a.jpg

The last one is a year old.

Last edited:
Have they already replaced portions of track or are they just prepping it? And if already done which section was replaced?

They're replaced about 20 different pieces of the track. It's an amazing procedure. Takes about 9 hours.

--- Update ---

None of hulks track has ever gotten replaced and I doubt it will ever be becuase universal will never shut hulk down in a millon years and they will never repaint hulk there just to cheap and are so worried about down time.

It doesn't need to be shut down to replace...they complete it during Tech hours. There was only one replacement that went bad and Hulk was down for the entire day after...

They're replaced about 20 different pieces of the track. It's an amazing procedure. Takes about 9 hours.

--- Update ---

It doesn't need to be shut down to replace...they complete it during Tech hours. There was only one replacement that went bad and Hulk was down for the entire day after...

If they replace some of the track then why wont they paint it? :shrug:

By "replace portions of" do you mean entire sections at a time... meaning both the green body and rails. That would imply that at any given time pieces are remanufactured on need be basis. Interesting. Do you know what section(s) were replaced in this last session? Wild that no TM's have noticed these pieces back stage or have just not thought to mention it. Thank you for this insight.

Just the rails. I don't think TMs would notice it, because most of the pieces have been under three feet. If there are park services people on here they might recall several nights over the last year seeing a trio of highreaches around Hulk. The project was completed when we all saw the high reach left on the Hydraulic Tech platform.

--- Update ---

But wouldent they have to test it for a long time?

25 cycles...

Reactions: Rock'nRoller
Just the rails. I don't think TMs would notice it, because most of the pieces have been under three feet. If there are park services people on here they might recall several nights over the last year seeing a trio of highreaches around Hulk. The project was completed when we all saw the high reach left on the Hydraulic Tech platform.

Huh!..I never knew this, so thanks for that info! :rep: :thumbs:

The giant EPCOT sign over the sphere was removed AT NIGHT! EVERY BIT OF IT AT NIGHT. These mega theme parks come to life at night after closing like you wouldn't believe. There are some things you cannot shut down or work on during the day for either safety reasons, or because it is an icon of the park itself. So, they could and would and CAN replace a section of the hulk in one evening. It is MINOR compared to erecting and taking down the super structure that hung over spaceship earth.

You got that right! The Tech team has about 8 times the staff on third shift as they do on first shift. The picture you posted was one of the first track replacements. It was actually a ground-breaking activity Universal performed and was shown at a NAARSO convention. Universal has consulted other B&M coaster owners how to do thiese repairs and still open the next day. Sorry for that nerd alert, but I know Teebin knows NAARSO

--- Update ---

If they replace some of the track then why wont they paint it? :shrug:

Resources.

They want to. Trust me. It will happen this year...

They spot reweld each connection of a rail to the main green frame? That isn't fascinating. It is boring. I cannot imagine the main frame can handle that kind of rewelding over and over again. Yet, I cannot challenge, as I know little about steel or rollercoaster engingeering. So, I will just go with your facts for now. I won't quote them... but I will go with them. And no, I do not know NASSERO or whatever that is.

Last edited:
You got that right! The Tech team has about 8 times the staff on third shift as they do on first shift. The picture you posted was one of the first track replacements. It was actually a ground-breaking activity Universal performed and was shown at a NAARSO convention. Universal has consulted other B&M coaster owners how to do thiese repairs and still open the next day. Sorry for that nerd alert, but I know Teebin knows NAARSO

--- Update ---

Resources.

They want to. Trust me. It will happen this year...

Ok I rellay hope so.

They spot reweld each connection of a rail to the main green frame? That isn't fascinating. It is boring. I cannot imagine the main frame can handle that kind of rewelding over and over again. Yet, I cannot challenge, as I know little about steel or rollercoaster engingeering. So, I will just go with your facts for now. I won't quote them... but I will go with them. And no, I do not know NASSERO or whatever that is.

I thought you knew more about the industry than you do. NAARSO is the Natonal Association of Amusement Ride Safety Officals. The act isn't facinating, it's done every day...the time line is.And they haven't welded it over and over. Only certain portions where weld instruction proved inferior by the MFG

--- Update ---

No problem RocknRoller. :) Lots of fun stuff happens at night at all the theme parks when most of the world is sleeping!

Last edited: